Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:28 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Spring Scourge - West Chester, PA - March 19, 2011

Date: 3/19/2011 @ 1pm

Games Keep
929 S High St
West Chester, PA 19382

484 905-5533

Format: 5 Round Swiss, 600 pt Pooled Draft format. Each player will bring 600 pts of figures to the table. At the beginning of each match, both players' figures will be placed into a common pool from which both players will draft a 450 pt. army for the match. Each draft will consist of one figure or squad. Players will roll a D20; high roller will choose to draft first or second. The first player will draft a single hero or squad. The second player will then draft twice, after which both players will draft once in alternating order until each has 450 pts of figures or until a legal draft isn't available.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
mad_wookiee (Fenris, Grendel, Blackroot)
son of mad_wookiee
tom (Jungle Wall, Black Gold)
grunttactics
Northgate (Underdark Forest)
Justine
Mason
spidysox (Badru Valley)
clan
xanth
peteparkerh
Waq
jeff
Ivan

Possibles:
Johngee

Last edited by mad_wookiee; March 15th, 2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: updated attendees
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spring Scourge - West Chester, PA - March 19, 2011

Final Standings:

northgate, 5-0 (2250) - Marrden Hounds x2, Major X17, Estivara, Tarn Viking Warriors, Marro Warriors, Valguard, Guilty
spidysox, 4-1 (1980) - DW9K, Wo-Sa-Ga, Ninjas, Syvarris, Izumi Samurai, Theracus, Isamu
jay, 3-2 (1996) - Werewolf Lord x2, Frost Giant, Eltahale, Guilty
justine, 3-2 (1928) - Granite Guardians, Anubian Wolves, Shaolin Monks x2, Tandros, Brandis, Water Elemental, Sahuagin Raider
tom, 3-2 (1828) - Mindflayer, Frost Giant, Master of the Hunt, Theracus, Brave Arrow, Darrak, Drow Warriors
mason, 3-2 (1435) - Elite Onyx Vipers, Wo-Sa-Ga, DW9K, Omnicron Snipers x2, Sahuagin Raider
mad_wookiee, 3-2 (1320) - Elite Onyx Vipers, Tagawa Samurai, White Wyrmling x4, Blue Wyrmling x4, Black Wyrmling x4
johngee, 3-2 (1290) - Mimring, Tor-Kul-Na, Grimnak, Dund
clan, 2-3 (1863) - Hatamoto Taro, Master Woo, Jorhdawn, Obsidian Guards, Grok Riders
peteparkerh, 2-3 (1757) - Jotun, Charos, Denrick, Theracus, Sahuagin Raider
grunttactics, 2-3 (1727) - Moriko, DW7K, Ogre Pulverizer, Sir Denrick, Saylind, Sgt Drake
nick, 2-3 (1500) - Zombies x4, Sahuagin Raider x3, Brunak, Iskra, Retchets, Sonya, Isamu
ivan, 2-3 (1456) - Finn, Thorgrim, Tarns, Concan, Grimnak, Othkurik, Marro Warriors
arcus, 2-3 (1162) - Aubrien Archers, Shaolin Monks, Theracus, Templar Cavalry, Runa, Zettians, Mind Flayer
xanth, 1-4 (1771) - Jotun, Cyprien, Tor-Kul-Na

Last edited by mad_wookiee; March 21st, 2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:53 PM

For format, I'm thinking right now 450 pt with a 150 pt sideboard - in other words, bring 600 pts and play 450 in each match. No Marvel but otherwise anything goes. Thoughts?
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:56 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Sideboard events are fun, they give you some flexibility when you see what your opponent is playing. Plus most of the events we have played lately have had some weird point totals or restrictions so it will be nice to just do whatever you want for a change

Ill be a maybe for this for this event until the date gets closer. I'd say that it is likely I will be able to be there (this is after all the closest event to me aside from one I would run), but I can never say for sure till closer to the date.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Put Xanth and myself down as possibles for the moment. I'm pretty confident we can make it though, barring random weirdness.

I like the format idea. Direct enough for those that like no restrictions, but the sideboard offers some flexability/options for those that like some wierdness. (Me for one.)

I've already got an army in mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM

TheEpicLlama Woo who?

My brother and I are maybes. It might be a little far but we will try anyway. I like the sideboard idea. It gives what very army I play a chance to adjust to what my opponent is playing.

Old February 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM

grunttactics Woo who?

Please count me as attending.

Fred
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't wait to scourge some people this Spring. This one has been on my calendar for a while so I will be there. I'm on board for the side board.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Please add Justine and I to the list as attending! Honestly, we have no lives, what else would we really be doing?
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@ NG ~ "no life" ...lol... you got to be kidding, what about work - "WORK!" ala Maynard G. Krebbs (or was he before your time?)

@ TEL ~ I hope you guys can make. Since I'm also coming from Nuhieurzee, I can say, "It's actually a little further in miles, but a much more pleasant drive than zig-zagging thru inner city Filly or trying to find a parking space near Red Cap's. The problem will be convincing your parents that there's something nearby for your mom and sisters to do for five hours.

@ M_D ~ Woohoo, put me down as a POSSIBLE ATTENDEE, for now. I'd love to be there, but "baring any random weirdness" (as CC likes to call those unforeseen circumstances) I'll plan on it. Therefore, I'll be watching this thread as usual and keeping you updated as the event gets closer. Carol and I have to move to APG, MD in May, so we are extremely busy trying to sell our Dutch Colonial house on the Jersey Shore and down size 60+ years of accumulated possessions to fit into a two bedroom apartment. I look forward to escaping into some HeroScape whenever I can, but it can't be my priority this season... maybe I'll more free time this Summer.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:39 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
@ M_D ~ Woohoo, put me down as a POSSIBLE ATTENDEE, for now. I'd love to be there, but "baring any random weirdness" (as CC likes to call those unforeseen circumstances) I'll plan on it. Therefore, I'll be watching this thread as usual and keeping you updated as the event gets closer. Carol and I have to move to APG, MD in May, so we are extremely busy trying to sell our Dutch Colonial house on the Jersey Shore and down size 60+ years of accumulated possessions to fit into a two bedroom apartment. I look forward to escaping into some HeroScape whenever I can, but it can't be my priority this season... maybe I'll more free time this Summer.
I really hope you can make it Johngee. I would be glad to assist you in your move by taking all of those bulky games (especially HS) off of your hands. Think of all the space you would save!
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey JohnGee, that means you will be required to start attending Baltimore area events again, you know. Cross state lines and your free pass is void...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events