Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We seem to forget that SD is the same guy who rabidly defends Taelord! Though I may disagree with him on some things, he does seem to take the time to think his opinions through. There is nothing wrong with "sucks" threads. Truth has not expressed that it's forbidden to make such threads, and until he does, the backyard is open to those discussions, free speech and all. If you don't agree, go on the thread and discuss it, it's a forum after all.

Now, some people seem too eager to bow to everything in HS. The designers are human and fallible. A million people may agree, but they can still be wrong. I find it ridiculous to state that no unit sucks, or that all units are designed perfectly. There are plenty of questionable units in the game and pointing out those faults isn't wrong.

I do agree that units are designed with the draft mechanic in mind. Remembering this does go a long way to finding better uses for some figures.
Nevertheless, some figures ARE worse than others and at least a handful are bound to suck. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure Craig and co. won't stop shaking your hand if your criticize their work a little. If we do not speak up when a unit seems poorly designed, then how will things ever improve?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old March 24th, 2007, 10:56 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Every figure CAN be great but that does not mean some overall are not less good. Take the NBA, judging by records the Memphis is the Worst team. However, they have 17 wins on the year. Even though they are the Worst Overall, they still win Sometimes. It is like that in Heroscape, some units are Worse overall but do well from time to time.
Old March 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Man, God forbid someone is unhappy with a unit because suddenly that person is a troll. When pointing with one finger, three point back at you.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
People are trolls when the argue just for the sake of arguing and create discord by causing disturbances on boards with their incessant arguing to no end.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM
has been BANNED

Fortunately we have people who can read other people's intent since nobody could possibly disagree with the idea that every unit is identically good. Ironically repeatedly calling someone a troll over and over is a form of trolling
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
TB, you're right on the money. Zombies don't suck - they won the game I played Thursday against a pretty well-designed elf army. They also don't rule - they lost the next game in a total rout. Dund doesn't suck - but he needs support. Q9 isn't the best unit - if you tell me you're bringing a Q9 army before I build my army, I'll tell you that he'll be dead before he kills his points in my guys.

That's what we call balance. Just because you can't play a unit correctly doesn't mean that unit sucks. It means you suck.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Just because you can't play a unit correctly doesn't mean that unit sucks.
Just because YOU do not think any units suck does not make it true

Ironically I have never even said any unit sucks, I have merely stated that all units are not identically equal in terms of value and that some are better and some are worse

If you indeed are correct and I am wrong then we should let spider_poison know so he can change his rankings. Since every unit is identically good they should all have the same rating. Additionally since no unit is less good than any other one it makes no sense to have any Ds or Fs
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
*Shew!* I'm not trolling since I only called you one that one time (re-read it, dude).

BTW, I happen to know that Imax thinks that Deadeye Dan sucks.

Old March 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM
has been BANNED

I'm still baffled how people can believe 2 seemingly contradictory notions:

Notion 1) You disagree that some units are better than other units and instead state that all units are identically good

Notion 2)Spider_Poison's rankings thread. His rankings indicate that some units are better than others and even that some suck (which is what a D and F generally suck as far as grades are related). The fact that it has been linked to from the main page tends to indicate that "rankings" are valid and therefore untis are not all equal

If every unit is identically good then they should all be C's since C is "average" which all would be
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:20 AM
ATF Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
I'm still baffled how people can believe 2 seemingly contradictory notions:

Notion 1) You disagree that some units are better than other units and instead state that all units are identically good

Notion 2)Spider_Poison's rankings thread. His rankings indicate that some units are better than others and even that some suck (which is what a D and F generally suck as far as grades are related). The fact that it has been linked to from the main page tends to indicate that "rankings" are valid and therefore untis are not all equal

If every unit is identically good then they should all be C's since C is "average" which all would be
I have great respect for spider_poison, but those are merely opinions. Have you considered that an excellent player can make a unit that might be believed to be a lesser unit, very powerful indeed? Ask wisinger about that.

Old March 25th, 2007, 01:22 AM
has been BANNED

Yay, you are atleast theorizing that some units might indeed be "lesser" than other units.
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:33 AM
ATF Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
Yay, you are atleast theorizing that some units might indeed be "lesser" than other units.
You're missing the point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units