Tor-Kul-Na 2 7.69%
Kee-Mo-Shee 0 0%
Marro Hive 9 34.62%
Wo-Sa-Ga 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart
Head Marro?

Just wondering which Marro out of the units we have is the head of the marro army (if there is one). I presumed that it was Su-Bak-Na because of Hive Supremcy, but was wondering what others thought. I considered putting it in a book of one of the Marro units, but this really isn't strategy related so I hope no one minds I made a thread for it. If this has been discussed in a previous thread then please give me the link to it, otherwise I would like to know what you are all thinking about this.
Old February 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Head Marro?

There's no official source that says so, but I'm pretty sure that Tul-Bak-Ra is, he's the overlord.
Old February 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
There's no official source that says so, but I'm pretty sure that Tul-Bak-Ra is, he's the overlord.
I thought he was called the overlord because he surveyed the battlefield.
Old February 4th, 2011, 04:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I thought he was called the overlord because he surveyed the battlefield.
I don't think that's the definition of an overlord.
Old February 4th, 2011, 04:56 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See Heroscape Factions: Thematic Unit Groupings which explains the difference between a flagbearer and a general, among many other things. It is not "official" but based on the definitions there, the Marro Hive is a general and Su-Bak-Na is a flagbearer. But as for an "in-game-leader" see the Heroscape Compendium for all fiction-based stuff.
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I think Tul-Bak-Ra or Ne-Gok-Sa because Kee-Mo-Shi is a crazy witch, Tor-Kul-Na is just the brute force, Me-Burq-Sa seems like a squad leader, adn I'm just not feeling it with Su-Bak-Na.
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tul-Bak-Ra is the future leader of the planet of Marr, when the entire planet becomes engulfed in the Marro infection. Ne-Gok-Sa is a Warlord, therefore his leadership is only over the battlefield. The Hivelords are the caste units that lead under the Hive's direction. The Warwitch is merely the female version of the Warlords, using Mind Shackle to its full potential.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've always seen Ne-Gok-Sa as the man in charge, but I think that's more because he was the 1st Marro Hero released.

-insert signature here-
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Su-Bak-Na, due to Hive Supremacy. Why shouldn't the big cheese be able to rally his troops? Why have an underdog do it?
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:47 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I vote Wo-Sa-Ga. I always pictured her as the Marro version of a hive queen. Tul-Bak-Ra or Su-Bak-Na would be my other choices. My decicion has nothing to do with strategy.
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you break down the classes of heroes we have

Hivelord
Overlord
Warlord
Warwitch
Hive

We can elimnatie the Warlord and Warwitch because they infer that they are minor leaders of battles. Leaving us with

Hivelord
OverLord
Hive

Lets look at our Overlord. What exactly is an overlord? Defined as 'Lord who rules over other lords' Which suggests he is in charge of everything.

A hive lord is 'ruler over the hive' considering the hive nature of the marro these guys might be in charge of the a 'hive' but may or may not be in charge of multiple hives.

Hive, is a birth places for the soldier type marros and acts as there home.

So by raw definition it would be the overlord.

HOWEVER,

By game mechanics the only two figures that function as leaders for horde of marro. The hive, with its Hive mind, and Su-bak-na with his buff power. These two figures lend themselves to staying back and leading the army. Tul-Bak-Ra functions more like a first strike commando, so he is out.

So between Sue and the Hive, the hive only controls the minions, but Sue buffs many figures. Plus the nature of a 'Hivelord' suggest being a lord of the hive.

Therefore, It is Su-Bak-Na

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
If you break down the classes of heroes we have

Hivelord
Overlord
Warlord
Warwitch
Hive

We can elimnatie the Warlord and Warwitch because they infer that they are minor leaders of battles. Leaving us with

Hivelord
OverLord
Hive

Lets look at our Overlord. What exactly is an overlord? Defined as 'Lord who rules over other lords' Which suggests he is in charge of everything.

A hive lord is 'ruler over the hive' considering the hive nature of the marro these guys might be in charge of the a 'hive' but may or may not be in charge of multiple hives.

Hive, is a birth places for the soldier type marros and acts as there home.

So by raw definition it would be the overlord.

HOWEVER,

By game mechanics the only two figures that function as leaders for horde of marro. The hive, with its Hive mind, and Su-bak-na with his buff power. These two figures lend themselves to staying back and leading the army. Tul-Bak-Ra functions more like a first strike commando, so he is out.

So between Sue and the Hive, the hive only controls the minions, but Sue buffs many figures. Plus the nature of a 'Hivelord' suggest being a lord of the hive.

Therefore, It is Su-Bak-Na
Beautiful analysis. However, if we take it into backstory terms, Su-Bak-Na was killed by Sgt. Drake Alexander with a pistol shot to the head. I don't believe this would give him any sense of political authority, one, if he's on the battlefield, and two, if he dies so quickly. I really love your analysis though. I just wish Hasbro took a little more pride in designing it's original races before dropping the package on WotC, who gave a fly less about skinless genetic supremacists.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units