Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

I was thinking a repaint(all black) of a Gotham Undercover would be very easy.

For a little more 'advanced' figure, a modification of a Gambit figure with the Undercover's head and gun and a repaint in black would be really close.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 17th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

May I suggest a Super Strength restriction for Dirty Tactics/Meat Shield? Seems a little weird for him to be able to manhandle the Hulk like that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 17th, 2014, 04:00 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It is less about him manhandling the Meat Shield and more about him moving so the victim gets hit with the attack instead of him. That is why I excluded Tiny figures, for I think it would be hard for him to take cover behind Fire Ants. Excluding Small figures might also be prudent.

His stats are so low I think it would be hard to get a lot out of him. All you really need to do is engage him and smash his face in. His 4 Life and 4 Defense will not keep him alive very long once he is engaged.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
His stats are so low I think it would be hard to get a lot out of him. All you really need to do is engage him and smash his face in. His 4 Life and 4 Defense will not keep him alive very long once he is engaged.
I'd agree with that assessment - maybe up his defence one and give him an auto skull vs. his target rather than an extra die, since he's meant to be so good?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think that is a bad idea. If his character's skills, equipment, and abilities dictate a base defense of 4 then that is what he should have. Don't raise the defense up just because Superman could kill him in one punch, Superman should be able to take out some figures with one punch. He is a 450 point god like character fighting a 120-140 point basic human. I could see the auto skull vs. his target idea though. He might not be in play long going up against superheroes, but at least he will get a couple of good shots in before getting taken out.
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Hard as ice

Since he never loses, five defence actually doesn't sound out thematically - but then I don't know the character.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:16 AM

After reading the third 'Book", I am leaning towards 5 Defense. He completely lived up to the Rambo comparison. I think I would start at 4 and see how he does.
He mentions in one story that he has a sort of 'sixth sense' when it comes to danger more specifically to harm directed his way. I thought about upping his Defense just vs Range but he does demonstrate his quickness and anticipation even in hand to hand combat.
I was thinking this guy would come out around 120 points.

The auto-skull is interesting but the opponent with the Button Marker would also get the auto-skull which is not good. He does get to inflict an automatic extra wound after wounding the other Button Man which represents him being better.
The issue will be, is his attack power is enough to inflict a wound? Really, against 120-ish figures, he should be quite good which is about right.
I doubt he would last too long against traditional comic book characters. He certainly is good at what he does. I would actually consider making him an Assassin.

Button Man may be made into a movie.
Spoiler Alert!

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; October 18th, 2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old October 19th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I brought up the Thunderbolts a while ago, and I got a half-decent reaction, with some concerns over the way the synergies worked between them. So with that in mind, here are some reworked versions of the T-Bolts, designed to better play off the few pre-existing synergies we have (namely Luke Cage and Meteorite).

[redacted]

Last edited by Ronin; February 3rd, 2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:34 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Looks awesome. Would be so excited if they could come to the C3G world.

Old October 20th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Hard as ice

Minor grammar niggle, but in Tech-Pack, using the word either is only gramatical if there are excactly two options. Otherwise, it's looking cool. I'm not sure how well Justice Like Lightning will play, but it's certainly worth a go. I'm also thinking that Symbiotes should be more weakened in melee against Songbird than other figures are. In summary, I don't know the characters, but it seems interesting.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 20th, 2014, 04:19 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rereading Astonishing X-men, so I decided to write up Danger. I've come up with two powers (one is a modified power), but I know it needs work. The figure would probably be a slightly modified and painted Jocasta.

NAME = Danger
SECRET IDENTITY = Danger Room?
SPECIES = Android
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = ?
PERSONALITY = Conflicted?/Tormented?
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4? (Energy blasts, but I'm not sure what the range should be)
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 500? She can be tough to kill and brings the power, but she needs some help to finish off figures. Most likely needs to be bumped up though.

??? Still trying to figure out new first power

ADAPTIVE TACTICS (Modified Close Combat, when fighting against the X-men she defends against their powers and attacks with generated shields and knocks several out while using her weapons that she generates).
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against an attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPERSTRENGTH (I'd say she kind of possesses it, but I can understand if it is not included)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; October 23rd, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Minor grammar niggle, but in Tech-Pack, using the word either is only gramatical if there are excactly two options. Otherwise, it's looking cool. I'm not sure how well Justice Like Lightning will play, but it's certainly worth a go. I'm also thinking that Symbiotes should be more weakened in melee against Songbird than other figures are. In summary, I don't know the characters, but it seems interesting.
Using either for three or more exclusive options has been common usage for a few centuries now. It's still probably not a choice an aspiring grammarian would make, but C3G's done it before, and I think it's allowable here.

The Songbird tweak makes sense, though you could also justify it working the way it does now. Slightly less clean power that way, but the design's not too cluttered, so it's probably a good edit.

I wanted Justice Like Lightning to be a bit more active than the original version; since the Charlatan faction probably won't really expand much beyond these six, I wanted them to be tied together a bit more than a once-a-game maneuver. But I still didn't want Citizen V to be a typical OM hub unit like Prof X or Reed, which led me to where it is now.

@Heroscaper Guy
I've kicked around some Danger ideas as well, but never really got around to taking any notes. I think shooting for high 300s, maybe up to 400 points would be a good mark for her.

I think I'd drop the Programming Restrictions bit. Partially because (and maybe this was clarified and I didn't read the issue or don't remember it) it wasn't really cleared up whether she couldn't kill anyone or just couldn't kill the X-Men, and partially because it's going to be a real value-killer. Also, destruction doesn't always equal death. Otherwise, Damian's Bat Brat is a strange power indeed: Batman sends Damian to time-out so he can get all the good kills for himself!

Super Strength is a must. I think Close Combat Expert and one other text power to represent the co-opted X-Men strategies would do nicely for her.

Statistically, I think you're on the right track, except I'd definitely go Android over Construct for her species.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy