Tor-Kul-Na 2 7.69%
Kee-Mo-Shee 0 0%
Marro Hive 9 34.62%
Wo-Sa-Ga 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart
Re: Head Marro?

I suppose that Tul-Bak-Ra could be the marro leader. In the game everyone uses him as an assasin and when he gets hurt to call in reinforcements, but if he was the leader it could almost be like him sending a distress signel out to call in his bodygaurds. Teleport lets him make a getaway if he is in a tight spot surrounded by the enemy, so I guess he makes more since as the leader of the marro than anyone else. I was thinking it was Su-Bak-Na, but if he got killed in the official story I guess he can't be the leader.
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:50 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
I suppose that Tul-Bak-Ra could be the marro leader. In the game everyone uses him as an assasin and when he gets hurt to call in reinforcements, but if he was the leader it could almost be like him sending a distress signel out to call in his bodygaurds. Teleport lets him make a getaway if he is in a tight spot surrounded by the enemy, so I guess he makes more since as the leader of the marro than anyone else. I was thinking it was Su-Bak-Na, but if he got killed in the official story I guess he can't be the leader.
As far as storyline goes, Su-Bak-Na and Tor-Kul-Na are killed by the good guys.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

The hive.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I'm going to have to say Ne-Gok-Sa, because the backstory released by Hasbro actually states that he took control of Marr and has kept that control from Me-Burq-Sa. Hivelords are portrayed as big Marro who got their driver's licenses and are either commanders of a battle (Su-Bak-Na), hive (Tor-Kul-Na), or are just big ol' brutes (Wo-Sa-Ga).
The Hive is just mommy, no matter how much intelligence it may exhibit.
Tul-Bak-Ra doesn't count because he's a WotC product. And I don't like WotC right now.
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

I vote that the head marro is either

A- the Hive, but not just the Hive but all hives on Marr or,

B-a powerful marro who was never sent to valhalla as the foces of Vipers and G-nators were never enough to kill him (thus making him in charge)
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Yesiamthatguy is surprisingly tart

When did Ne-gok-sa die?
Anyways, my vote is for the huge momma hive on Marr, since it can use mind control on the lesser marros.

My sig is basic html codes.
MY AMAZING TRADE POST.
MY Customs and Repaints
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:13 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

I honestly always thought of Ne-Gok-Sa as the leader, since he was the first Marro hero we ever got to play with. His Mindshackle ability always had me think he was kind of the clever, deviously evil leader who spreads his ground forces out like puppets or pawns regardless of casualties on his side.

Plus he's got a wicked cool sculpt.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

I've gotta go with the hives.

This is how I see it:

I see the marro as a hive of bees or a colony of ants. The queen (hive) sits around and gives birth to all the marro, while also controlling all of marro telepathically. This telepathic link also connects all the hive's together into one Hive. Colonies of marro then develop around the hive.

Under Hive is the overlord, who has inherited some of their telepathic abilities uses it to oversee the entire Hive. He also coordinates the Hive and makes sure everyone does their job.

Under each individual hive are the hivelords, who serve as the hive's body. They each are in charge of protecting a particular hive from attack, while overseeing all the marro and making sure they take care of their particular hive.

Along with the hivelords and overlord are the warlords/warwitches who command the marro in battle, and expand the territory of the Hive.

The overlord, hivelords, and warlords are all equally in charge, they have different expertises that at times gives them jurisdiction over the others, the warlords during battle, the hivelord on matters of their own hive, and the overlord on matters concerning the entire Hive.

Last edited by bumper15; February 5th, 2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Wasn't summed up properly
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
I've gotta go with the hives.

This is how I see it:

I see the marro as a hive of bees or a colony of ants. The queen (hive) sits around and gives birth to all the marro, while also controlling all of marro telepathically. This telepathic link also connects all the hive's together. Colonies of marro then develop around the hive.

Under all the is the overlord, who has inherited some of their telepathic abilities uses it to oversee the entire Hive. He also coordinates the Hive and makes sure everyone does their job.

Under each individual hive are the hivelords, who serve as the hive's body. They each are in charge of protecting a particular hive from attack, while overseeing all the marro and making sure they get the job done for their particular hive.

Along with the hivelords and overlord are the warlords/warwitches who command the marro in battle, and expand the territory of the Hive.

The overlord, hivelords, and warlords are all equally in charge, they just have different jobs, and they all serve and revere the Hive.

NOTE: Hive refers to the entire colony of marro, and hive refers to each individual hive.

NOTE 2: Most of my inspiration for this idea is from Raymond E. Feist's book Servant of the Empire, and his description of the cho-ja.
I think that the Hivelords gaurd the Hive, but also command the hive themselves. If the hive tells them what to do they should be called Hive Gaurdians or something more like that, but they are called Hivelords which suggest they are lords over the Hive. Like Toad Rocket I looked up the definition of an Overlord and here is another definition: One in a position of supremacy or domination over others. Here is one more similar to Toad Rockets: A Lord having power or supremacy over other lords.
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that since the hive is essentially the queen bee of the Marro family, it is the all time leader. Hivelord in my imagination is like a mayor of the Marro from a specific Hive. Likely the one they were born form.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just a side note, getting killed in the story line should not preclude a unit from being the leader.

After all there have been many leaders of nations who have been killed while they were in charge. Eg, Julius Ceaser, Abraham Lincoln, etc etc

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Just a side note, getting killed in the story line should not preclude a unit from being the leader.

After all there have been many leaders of nations who have been killed while they were in charge. Eg, Julius Ceaser, Abraham Lincoln, etc etc
We're in Valhalla

Death doesn't stick.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 5th, 2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Otherwise we'd have no units anymore;)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units