Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:48 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

It doesn't have to be there, but it's partly theme, and partly because I gave the normal Sentry write up that this started as Supersonic Flying (I think that's the right name) from Supergirl, and it was kind of a mirror of that albeit a dark, twisted one. Eventually I wasn't satisfied with Sentry, so that's why I posted this one instead.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:24 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

I came up with an Inertia design yesterday as well but couldn't think of a good power until this morning.

Inertia
Spoiler Alert!

Public Designs
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think Zombie Sentry would be a good place to start the Marvel Zombies, and Event Hero is a cool distinction for him... I wouldn't have thought of that but it definitely fits.

Anyways here's what I had for my Marvel Zombies drafts. I think the "overkill" mechanic from Dracula is appropriate here since A) they eat flesh in order to remain immortal and B) people are sometimes torn apart and eaten so quickly they don't have a chance to turn.

ZOMBIFICATION
After attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card for each wound inflicted. If that figure is not destroyed and is a Unique Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-12, nothing happens. If you roll a 13 or higher instead take control of the affected figure. For the duration of the game, that figure loses its Species, Class, and Personality. Instead, it gains the Zombification special power and has the following characteristics:

• Species: Undead
• Class: Devourer
• Personality: Hungry

Androids and Undead are not affected by Zombification.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 05:10 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

yeah, but I was just trying to tone back the design bit for the sake of balance, which is why i took out the healing aspect. I'm not sure if a d 20 roll is the best way to go with a zombie virus power, because once you get even a scratch from one of these guy's it's guaranteed that you will become a zombie if they don't finish you off. That's why I used the mechanics from Dracula's card.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Last edited by laughing matter; March 23rd, 2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 07:11 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think Zombie Sentry would be a good place to start the Marvel Zombies, and Event Hero is a cool distinction for him... I wouldn't have thought of that but it definitely fits.

Anyways here's what I had for my Marvel Zombies drafts. I think the "overkill" mechanic from Dracula is appropriate here since A) they eat flesh in order to remain immortal and B) people are sometimes torn apart and eaten so quickly they don't have a chance to turn.

ZOMBIFICATION
After attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card for each wound inflicted. If that figure is not destroyed and is a Unique Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-12, nothing happens. If you roll a 13 or higher instead take control of the affected figure. For the duration of the game, that figure loses its Species, Class, and Personality. Instead, it gains the Zombification special power and has the following characteristics:

• Species: Undead
• Class: Devourer
• Personality: Hungry

Androids and Undead are not affected by Zombification.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that if sentry inflicts a wound on superman, then rolls a 15, he takes control of superman with 1/8 wounds on him? I must be missing something because I'm feeling that is super overpowered.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:26 PM
Never Forgets

That's right. That's why he was saying the overkill mechanic was better for this power, because it's more thematic, and it's more balanced

Old March 24th, 2015, 09:32 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whats the theme behind giving him Cosmic Force Blast? That is Silver Surfer's ability, and I don't really see any reason why Sentry should have it, unless you know something I don't. The only time I remember Sentry using some sort of energy projection is when he battles Hulk in WWH, but in that case it is sort of a pulse wave, and less of an energy blast.

Perhaps an alternate

One Million Exploding Suns Special Attack
Attack 5: Range 3
All figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Sentry are affected by this special attack. After attacking, roll the 20 sided die once for each hero that received one or more wounds from this special attack. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove an order marker at random from that figures card.

Just seems to fit the Sentry's theme a little bit more (Power of one million exploding suns and all) and a little more interesting than just an alternate ranged attack.
Old March 24th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Never Forgets

Except he shoots energy out of his eyes and fists more often than not. It's whatever though, as I only gave him a special attack to provide an option for a ranged attack that wouldn't infect other figures. I also felt that keeping his base range at 1 would better convey that he was biting them as Zombie Infection specifies normal attacks only can infect figures.

Old March 24th, 2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Except he shoots energy out of his eyes and fists more often than not. It's whatever though, as I only gave him a special attack to provide an option for a ranged attack that wouldn't infect other figures. I also felt that keeping his base range at 1 would better convey that he was biting them as Zombie Infection specifies normal attacks only can infect figures.
Ok, you probably know better than me (totally didn't know he shot lasers from his eyes). Sentry's powers are pretty undefinable. It's not a big deal, I just thought it would be cool to have something a tad thematic.

Also, what is the point cost you were looking for? Him and Dracula would make a killer team, both of them kill others to make undead, Dracula can control any of those undead, and those undead can then turn others, and if Dracula goes down, you have sentry give you the staying power to to last until Dracula returns. Not to mention the other undead that would boost that team as well (Judge Death, Silver banshee). That army would kick booty
Old March 24th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Never Forgets

Thematically kick booty! really though, I have no idea what the cost would be on this dude.

Old March 24th, 2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Thematically kick booty! really though, I have no idea what the cost would be on this dude.
He has gone toe to toe (pre-zombie) with Ultron, Ares and Thor, but Thor is able to kill him add on the Zombie-ness, I'd say somewhere in the realm of 600? That seems high, but I feel that he is at least that level right now, if not more. I'm not at all familiar with Zombie Sentry, but he did take on essentially the entire marvel universe when he started the outbreak.
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Never Forgets

He began by killing of the avengers, which included at the time really powerful guys like ms marvel, luke cage, giant man, and thor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy