Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 4th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Nothing wrong with the stewards of the project making calls on how to use the limited time and energy resources of the group. This seems to be a point that has 99% agreement and those who disagree have adequately expressed their opinions. Let’s get this thread back to design work.

If anyone is curious whether a specific property is viable for C3G design, there is a process in place for inquiring with the Heroes - please use it as appropriate.

For any complaints about C3G processes, please utilize the C3G HR thread. They will be treated as off-topic for this thread.

Thank you.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nothing wrong with the stewards of the project making calls on how to use the limited time and energy resources of the group. This seems to be a point that has 99% agreement and those who disagree have adequately expressed their opinions. Let’s get this thread back to design work.

If anyone is curious whether a specific property is viable for C3G design, there is a process in place for inquiring with the Heroes - please use it as appropriate.

For any complaints about C3G processes, please utilize the C3G HR thread. They will be treated as off-topic for this thread.

Thank you.

There's an HR thread?
There's a process for that?

I had 0 clue on these two points

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 4th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: C3G HR Department: the Dumping Ground

Quote:

Thank you.
Alright then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
When it comes to Slenderman the fact is there is no comic currently. Once there is a comic I encourage those interested in the character to buy those comics, read them and create a design based on them along with presenting a mini option.
That will give the design the best chance for approval.
japes seemed to be saying that with or without a comic, it would still be a no. No one was ever saying that it would be done without a comic, but one is (apparently) in the pipe-line.

Quote:
Considering all the possible opportunities that have been opened recently both for characters and minis, the Heroes should be celebrated for their willingness to expand into areas that were for many years out of bounds.
I used to think that, but all that seems to be the case now is that the Heroes are willing to consider something if they have a particular personal attachment to it, and not otherwise. When I see posts like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'll be honest, this thread is typically my favorite as workshop is my favorite part. But its been hard to get excited and comment when I've never heard of most of this and really didn't find much when I searched. I've seen all the reside t evil movies and played lots of Metal Gear but the others?
it's hard not to feel as though the criteria are a bit provincial.

Quote:
I think there is some cool stuff in those designs and I would take those to Heroes of Fiction if folks want to see those versions happen. They are an incredible group that focus on various characters that do not fit into other groups. If I had time for another custom group I would be involved there for sure. HoF is bad ass!
HoF moves at a snails pace, seems not to test and designs units to fit into what people consider, generally, to be mostly an entirely different game at this stage. I wouldn't consider that a viable alternative. I think it's a shame that it's basically reached the stage that no one is willing to design anything, as part of a separate project or alone, to fit in with C3G style Superscape that isn't technically part of this project. If there were more of a vibrant community there, I'd find this sort of thing less frustrating.

I don't see any meaningful way being so restrictive about what is allowed helps anyone. The people who see great designs pushed to the wayside or a theme they love get discarded get frustrated and disappointed, while the people who didn't want to see that theme get to... not play with those units, which no one would have forced them to either way. There are already people who don't play with Jason, the only difference is that the unit wouldn't exist for people to make that choice. That seems to be a purely negative impact.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 4th, 2018, 02:12 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Oh no wonder I didn't see this thread it hasn't been used in 5 years

Old November 4th, 2018, 02:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thus the clarifications.

The Human Resources thread should be linked in the Welcome to C3G’s first few posts. It’s rarely used but appropriate here.

The proceedure for the other is quite simple: Ask the Heroes to officially rule on if a specific property is allowed.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Thus the clarifications.

The Human Resources thread should be linked in the Welcome to C3G’s first few posts. It’s rarely used but appropriate here.

The proceedure for the other is quite simple: Ask the Heroes to officially rule on if a specific property is allowed.

Where would one ask this, exactly
In this thread or somewhere else?

Old November 4th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: Sorry, Bats, I didn't see your post. Feel free to delete this if needed, or I can just edit it out.
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Oh no wonder I didn't see this thread it hasn't been used in 5 years
As a group we tend to spend a lot more time creating than complaining.

Old November 4th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So, please if you want to make Horrorscape with Jason and Freddy or whatever else, please do with our blessing. In fact, many C3G members may wander over to your thread and help out with that. We're just not going to do those designs in the C3G group project.
Quote:
For what it's worth - if Mortal Kombat ever gets an official figure line, I'd probably push for its inclusion.
Two excluded genres that are now officially part of C3G.
I would say the process works just fine.

Love this post from V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
As one commenting with no opinion on this particular subject, I do agree with the Hero's current process for drawing the line. Certainly, it is based on opinions and who is or isn't in the Sanctum at the time, but then again, so is everything about this project; deciding things like whether or not Batman should get a second design or whether or not Galactus warrants so much complexity isn't based on logic, it can't be, it's based on opinions. A line has to be drawn somewhere, and no matter where it's drawn there is always going to be people unhappy with the decision.

You can argue that if X is allowed, Y should be allowed; but then what about Z? He's had almost as many comic appearances as Y. And don't forget W, he fought Batman once, same with U and V, even though they've only been in 10 comics. And, you know what? I've always felt T seemed a lot like a Super Hero, even if he wasn't much of a comic character.

Point is, this case is no different then plenty of others already faced and plenty of others to come, and a line has to be maintained. The only reasonable way to do that is how it's already done.

The heroes aren't trying to be unfair or stubborn, they're just trying to keep this project under control, and to do that decisions simply have to be made. Feel free to voice your disagreement or disappointment with those decisions, I certainly have from time to time; and, in some cases, that will change someone's mind, I'm certain there wouldn't be a reevaluation thread if the public hadn't complained about Puppet Master so much. But, if you're in the minority, continuing to insist on your opinion won't gain you any ground except to aggravate the people you're trying to reach.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Since I've been name dropped several times in the past few pages, and have been used as a primary example, I feel an obligation to weigh in here before we move on, so excuse the belated response.

Firstly, I'll present this:

DC: 20
MARVEL: 10
INDY: 7 (most of which were just designed in the last 4 months)

That's my current design history. I did not start here attempting to design Mortal Kombat characters or Horror characters, in fact, Jason aside, I was ~23 designs under my belt before I tackled MK and Horror icons. I also primarily focus on traditional comic book heroes, and in no way gave the impression that I wanted to spend all my time and energy on something completely foreign.

Two things to address further:

1. Jason was supposed to be a one off, and he was for a couple of years. Even still, now that I've fleshed out a few of the most iconic characters, I absolutely accept others are off the table. Ghostface and Hannibal, who only appeared in some Cracked/MAD comics a couple of times, aren't allowed. Pennywise, a character I'd love to add, has no comic history, so he's off the table. That's OK.

As for them fitting in, Ash has crossed over with Marvel and many other comics, which includes Freddy and Jason, as well as Hack/Slash, which Chucky has also crossed over with. Jason has crossed over with Leatherface. They all fit in the alien/predator tone, which Batman has crossed over with. There's some precedent there.

2. Mortal Kombat characters have crossed over with DC characters in Mortal Kombat vs. DC and Injustice, have several comics over the years, and are currently under the DC umbrella as they are owned by WB. They also, and this is important, aesthetically look and feel like several characters in the Marvel/DC universe, so they blend in pretty naturally. Even still, I was reluctant to ever start Mortal Kombat, because of lack of minis, and just overall wanting to stay focused on the main appeal here. I even wrote up MK designs early on in my time here, only to abandon them until years later when I felt it was a reasonable avenue to explore.

I have no intentions of designing Laurie Strode and Dr. Loomis to go against Michael, or any other final girls or prominent characters of their respective series. Even Mortal Kombat, I have no plans to go crazy there either. It was always hit the high notes with these franchises. So doing common armies and squads and representing the C and D list characters, diving deep into those worlds, was never a thing I was pushing for. They are guest characters as Ronin put it and I have alluded to in sanctum when discussing how I see these guys. I treat them as crossovers or events. It's not about let's see how big we can expand them, or long term shifting focus away from what this project is about in favor of these other franchises.

Now, it's important to note, the reasonings I just gave don't absolutely make them acceptable. It makes a case for them. It provides foundation to the proposal. This isn't about who gets what they want and who has more power to force it. It's a matter of can you make a solid enough case for why, and laying out an overall vision to get people not just on board with it, but actually liking it at the end of the day.

The last thing I'd want, is for anyone to feel creatively stifled or limited. Get a few designs under your belt, then once you've established yourself a bit, come up with a solid pitch explaining all the things I just talked about. I'll gladly go to bat for you if you can do that.

One final note here. Mortal Kombat, Horror, and Dr. Who are a few that have recently been accepted. I wouldn't point to them and say "if we can have those why can't we have X, Y, Z?!". Let's be grateful. It's sort of the ol' "If I give you a cookie, then everyone is going to want a cookie." If every time something new is allowed, it's only going to lead to others wanting something else in and they're going to say "well you let this in, why not this?", people are going to in turn stop letting things in, and nobody gets a cookie. Appreciate the exceptions.
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Well said. Glad I name dropped.
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

What crossover clout does Dr. Who have? It seems he was let in because some of the heroes are Dr. Who fans.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy