Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Master Set Unique Squads to Common Squads.

I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, coming up with common versions of the master set uniques. There are 2 reasons for this: 1) The majority of people on this site have more than 1 master set, so that leaves them with a bunch of useless figures, and not everyone enjoys repainting. 2) There are a handful of people overseas who still don’t have the expansions because they aren’t available there, yet.

I feel this is a great way to bring people into the world of multiple common squads, bonding, and all that fun stuff, even if all they have is a master set or 2.

Comments and feedback are REALLY encouraged. I want to get this set of common figures down pat, so that even people who normally don’t play customs may feel comfortable enough to play them. I don’t feel that there is anything here over the top or ultra creative, more along the lines of much needed utility units for some of us.

I think it would be possible to run this guys at the same time as their unique counterparts, all that would be required would be a simple marking of the bases with a marker. But, I think these guys would best be suited to be used INSTEAD of their unique counterparts.

I realize that some of the Bonding Ability titles are a bit janky. I was attempting to really limit who these guys could bond with, because in the end, it could make for a bonding loop, which I know no one wants.

In closing, I posted this separately from my custom thread, because I think it’s a different thing altogether. If the mods at large feel differently, then please merge with my custom thread.

Hope you guys enjoy them!

smallboxgames.com
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM

fuzzysadist has disabled reputation
Personally, I think its an AWESOME idea. I need to compare them directly with the unique versions, but on the onset I think you've got a great idea here. One thing however, you should include some means of marking a "Common" MS figure vs a "Unique" MS figure. Since I can see someone wanting to play with both.

Fuzzy
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:59 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Are the tarns supposed to have 5 range?
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Only on the 2nd tuesday of even lettered months. Nope. I'll get that fixed. Thanks for the keen eye.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
For this to be its own thread, we should have other people's interpretations of MS uniques-->commons in here, too.

I like the look of many of these, though I expected to see the small tweaks to make the Zettian Guards and Tarns common.
These are much larger tweaks then I've seen typically suggested, so it'll take a little time to get significant feedback, I'd think.
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I think that this should be its own thread and I will need to get the MS cards in front of me to really think about these.

This is useful thread and since I just bought MS number 3 & 4 at the TRU BOGO 1/2 price sale I have plenty of MS units.

I'll comment more later.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great job, JJ! Some comments:

Tarn Horde:
1. Keep their defense at 4 (it's a selling point for them).
2. They are Medium 5 on the unique card. I think they should be the same since the figures haven't changed.
3. 60 to 65 is a good point value (65 with 4 defense.)
4. Bonding....about time.

Airborne Rangers:
1. Range should be at least 7 since that is one of the cool things about the AE.
2. They should be Medium 5.
3. Take Cover! is great.
4. Point value is just about right with a range of 7
5. Bonding....about time.

Marro Shacklings:
1. Mindshackle boost is pretty scary. Maybe put a maximum of 2 or 3 on it to keep it under control.
2. Everything else looks cool.
3. 60 to 70 points is just about right...maybe 65.
4. Bonding...about time.

Zettian Gaurds:
1. I like them as is...and bonding...about time.

Deathwalker 6000:
1. Normal attack range should be at least 7 and damage 3.
2. 80 to 90 points seems about right (85?).
3. No bonding?! What the...?! (just kidding)

KM Recruits:
1. 70 points seems about right.
2. Bonding...about time.

Izumi Footpads:
1. Footpads sounds like a thief unit...how about Izumi Dojo Students...for a unit that is not yet achieved Samurai status.
2. Everything else looks good.

Overall nice job and I think this subject deserves to have its own thread.

Newb.
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
For the Zettians: Keep their stats, make them into a squad of three and increase their point value to 100.

Marro Warrior Hopefuls: Keep their stats and points, give them MWH Swarm.

Tarn Vikings: Keep their stats, Give them Human Champion Bonding, and bump their movement up to 5.

Samurai

6 movement
1 range
1 attack
4 defense
60 points

Stealth Dodge
Counterstrike

Airborne Cadets

5 movement
7 range
2 attack
2 defense

Stellar Defense: Airborne Cadets gain one additional die when rolling defense on high ground.
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:06 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
jj - this effort seems to suggest it's time to post the BizarroScape project again.
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:36 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
I put some on the site this past summer--Uniques to Common.
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller....php?album=270

Yet, I like what you have done with these.

I'm glad to see someone thought about making a version of Deathwalker common.

I agree that the common airborne should have more range.

I'm torn on the marro range, since they have bonding range 5 may be just right.

The Zettians and Vikings are perfect with Bonding and the cost increase.

Overall, I like the work you did and I am considering putting some of these to play.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Master Custom Creator

I've never seen those before, 1more. I'll give them a good once over tomorrow. I'll also work on getting all of the proposed changes up tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:12 AM

oni is surprisingly tart
Great idea!! You should pop off an email to Hasbro with this idea. Instead of making another set or box, this could give them an option of just selling the cards or include both types of cards with the Master set to increase sales of the MS for those who want more terrain.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards