Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old June 7th, 2018, 06:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Mock Draft Challange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Agent Hunter would be a good low cost figure that fit the theme here.

Silver Weapons, nice! I don't have his card but I do have the mini obviously so I'll have to print it out.
Old June 7th, 2018, 07:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A few other 50 card draft pool themes I'm thinking about.

Technology vs. Nature

Android, Cyborgs, Iron Man types, etc. vs. Poison Ivy, Floronic Man, Swamp Thing, Simians, and other similarly themed units. A bit harder to determine who should be included but it could be a fun game. Not sure if I can get up to 50 cards or not.

Crooks vs. Crime Fighters

Mostly just Criminals/Thieves/Crime Lords/Rogues/Outlaws and a few appropriate allies like Joker vs. Vigilantes, Crime Fighters, Lawmen, maybe Fighters, and a few related allies (Alfred, some of the Sidekicks, Green Arrow, Judge Dredd). I'm concerned this one could easily spiral into a draft pool much larger than 50 cards.

Anyone have any other ideas. Looking for 50 card draft pools that feature a fun theme that might get a few units that get over looked a better shot at being drafted and played knowing that everyone else might have natural enemies.
Old June 7th, 2018, 08:23 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

You all might find these blog entries (beginning in 2016) of interest:

Drafting From A Finite Pool (16 Cards)
Under the Canopy
Yojimbo! (A 4-Player Free For All)
The Magnificent Ronin - a 16 Card Draft Game
Purple Reign?
The Return of the Ronin!
The Hunt for Dr. Jackel & Mr. Hyde
The Faceless Ones! - Draft Version
The Sunken Temple - A Faceless Ones! Adventure

They all feature C3G cards.

"I'm going to Islandscape!"

Old June 7th, 2018, 08:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Cool man, thanks!

One last thought for a while, thinking about maybe trying to put together a 'cosmic' themed draft pool. Green & Yellow Lanterns, GotG, Silver Surfer, Lobo, etc. Not sure if I can get a draft pool of 50 cards out of that theme or not. Might need to include aliens like Superman, Martian Manhunter, etc. even though they are more Earth based rather then cosmic.
Old June 8th, 2018, 11:27 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was going to bring up the dropping of the tiers as well. Maybe even just create a pool of 150-250 point figures and let the draft begin. Drafting all the 250 point figures may not create a balanced army that you could create by selective drafting. It would be self balancing as the other players can block different strategies.

I understand the tiers a little more in the classic game since if you are going with non synergy figures the higher points usually equate to better pick. In C3G there are so many counter/bosting/bonuses that in a vacuum 250 points =/= 250 points always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A3n's draft cards are pretty awesome. We need to expand those with all the new releases.
I'm a big user of this for get togethers. Plus the thematic draft thread that I created a couple years ago. I'd really like to get some more input there. My whole idea was to have the mix matched competitive builds that A3n's thread turned into and a more thematic version that were actually somewhat competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:53 PM
C3G Landlord

I like army building so I can try to help pitch in some thematic army builds Japes, unfortunately thematic team builds are not always all that competitive as an army. It is in part why we had that whole Justice League thread that resulted in 4 new JL cards. Like you can build a West Coast Avengers team up, but outside of Hawkeye II's orders they don't really have any synergy at all. Still it can be a fun army to run as long as everyone else is running similar not overly competitive armies. So if you put together a whole list of non-competitive but thematically tight armies and had people only draft from that pre-built army list it could work out well for a game day.

Switching back to the draft tiers vs. draft pool discussion. What I liked about the draft tiers is that you started out with 25 cards (5 tiers or 5 cards each) and 20 of those cards were drafted. It is a pretty good way to insure some over looked units get drafted and played. In the 50 card draft pool idea, I fear everyone will still gravitate towards the same usual suspects and only really draft from say 30 of the 50 cards. Tornado has already expressed that his first inclination would to be to try and draft the same 3 figures he uses on a regular basis.

I'm not sure what can be done about that if people only want to use the same 15 cards they are familiar with, but I have decided that instead of having multiple draft pools for one day of gaming I think I'm going to just have the one draft pool for the entire day. So if we play 3 games that day, then all 3 games will be drafted from the same 50 card pool. You can see how some cards work in the first game, which might change the draft decisions made in the second game. It also means if I miss out on a guy I wanted to try in the first go, then I might get them in the second or third draft. Hopefully over the course of the 3 drafts most of the 50 cards will be played at least once. Will mix up the point total of each army draft to insure the teams will be different each game even if you do draft a few of the same cards.
Old June 8th, 2018, 03:58 PM
C3G Landlord

So I think I'm going to save the Halloween Night draft pool for close to Halloween, that will give me some time to print out some of the cards I don't have. In the meantime I want to see if I can put together another draft pool or two for sometime this summer. So I'll be posting some draft pool concepts looking for some feedback on who I may be missing or who doesn't really belong (like how I ended up cutting the Hulk figures from the creature list). Either cut due to theme or cut because their card doesn't work all that well in the given draft pool. First up is my Nature vs. Technology idea. Again, limited by figures I currently have.

Spoiler Alert!

I'm thinking we chose teams first and then draft from the faction pool, will 30 cards per faction pool be enough?

Last edited by Yodaking; June 8th, 2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old June 9th, 2018, 08:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Another theme idea I'm considering is Crime & Punishment. Pick a side, each side has a pool of 50 cards to draft from. We often end up playing games filled with heavy hitters (300+ points) and the lower end guys (sub 200 points) often get overlooked because their stats & powers just don't match up very well. So this one is a way to try and get more lower point figures a chance to shine, with no one over 250 points.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 10th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice.

We used to do random draws from narrow point ranges. One was 200-240. I was always allowed to run Dredd if I wanted as everyone knew it was nearly impossible to draw a worst card than Dredd despite him being one of the highest points.
Old June 10th, 2018, 03:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Part of the hope here is to insure Dredd would be a solid pick. I still wouldn't draft him if no criminals were being drafted and instead all Rogue/Insane/Thief armies were being built (would stay away from Daredevil & Roschach too in that scenario), but as long as a fair number of criminals get drafted he should be a pretty good pick up late in the draft. Many of these sub 200 point cards only have 3 or 4 defense so his double ranged SA should still be effective whether they are criminals or not.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project