Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 20th, 2006, 10:14 AM

Double Oak has disabled reputation
Question #2 - Glyphs - benefit team or individual

If this have already been discussed, please tell me where and thank you in advance.

In the past, in team games with buds, we have played that if one of your teamates is on a glyph it only affects his characters (unless it is wind or another that specifically says it affects all). On Gamedays I have seen that others play where a glyph helps the whole team, i.e. if one member is on the attack +1, all players on that side benefit.

Am curious what others take is on this as I think I am against it but may not have it thoroughly thought it through. We played a team game recently and had the defense +2 glyph in the game and gave the benefit to the whole side and boy did that alter the game (never thought Orcs at height could take some doing to kill).

What I like about the glyph being player specific is that it doesn't drastically switch the balance of power from one team to another and then you have to strategically decide among your teamates who should be on it.

Thoughts?

Never underestimate a smart 8 yr old who still has all three agents
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The rules for the glyphs, Astrid, Gerda, Ivor, Valda, Dagmar all say "For each figure you control..."

So we play that its only figures you control, because thats the rules :P
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Hi DoubleOak,

yep, thats the rules, but i also wanted to have glyphs, your team benefit from, but i thought that for example Astrid with +1 attack for the whole team is too powerful... So i splitted Astrid in two glyphs: Angus for melee units and Bredox for range units, you may check it here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hread.php?t=78

Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old May 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
technically most glyphs only affect yer own fiqures,
however ye can also house rule them to affect yer "team" which is what we did at Jasco...
and that ended up being a total lopsided event....marro drones with 8 defense total.....
it was great but almost totally one sided...

cheers

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 21st, 2006, 02:42 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, we had been playing w/that house rule, just for fun. However, it has led to some lopsided gameplay. I am still in favor of continuing to discuss house rules at the beginning of the game, but I am not in favor of always having this rule. Also, there is something to be said for having the team work together to obtain maximum benefit for players w/the power armies or shifting the responsibility of guarding the glyph to different team members.

Also, I still think it's okay to allow team points to supplement each other (while on the same team, player A has a a 410 point army and player B has a 390 point army). We have typically allowed people to go a little over here and there and to me, in the end, 800 points vs 800 points is still 800 points vs. 800 points.

My $0.02.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Also, I still think it's okay to allow team points to supplement each other (while on the same team, player A has a a 410 point army and player B has a 390 point army). We have typically allowed people to go a little over here and there and to me, in the end, 800 points vs 800 points is still 800 points vs. 800 points.

My $0.02.
I agree ,and do this as well. It adds a little more to drafting stratagy as well, discussing with team mate " I want to get so n so but im 5 points shy".....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's