Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old December 17th, 2014, 12:37 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
But is there any way to change the font of a particular paragraph in the abilities field? My problem is that I can't change the font size of the ability names and ability text separately. They're both just...large. But from what you're saying, it seem like there's no way to do this.
Outside of Bold and Italics, there is no way I know of to change the font of part of a text field. All the text in the field will be governed by the settings in the style file. You can set the size smaller to start with. You can add extra blank lines after the text to fill the box and force it to shrink. Either way, all the text in a particular field will be a consistent size.
That's very silly. Is there anything simple that can be done about that, or is it just the way MSE is created?
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But is there any way to change the font of a particular paragraph in the abilities field? My problem is that I can't change the font size of the ability names and ability text separately. They're both just...large. But from what you're saying, it seem like there's no way to do this.
Outside of Bold and Italics, there is no way I know of to change the font of part of a text field. All the text in the field will be governed by the settings in the style file. You can set the size smaller to start with. You can add extra blank lines after the text to fill the box and force it to shrink. Either way, all the text in a particular field will be a consistent size.
That's very silly. Is there anything simple that can be done about that, or is it just the way MSE is created?
As far as I know, that's the way it's made. It doesn't have word processor-type functions. The individual text boxes are governed by their settings in the style file. @bmaczero knows way more about this program than me. Maybe there's a way to do what you want.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:48 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As far as I know, that's the way it's made. It doesn't have word processor-type functions. The individual text boxes are governed by their settings in the style file. @bmaczero knows way more about this program than me. Maybe there's a way to do what you want.
I'm not overly worried about it, I suppose. Maybe I am. But if he sees this and wants to offer advice, I'll leave that to him, I won't bug anyone about it. Might do some hunting on the MSE site too. Thanks for the help!
Old January 13th, 2015, 08:55 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Does anybody know how to add a creator credit to a box on the cards?
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:13 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Does anybody know how to add a creator credit to a box on the cards?
Are you wanting to add an image or a text box?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:32 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

A text box would be fine so I could add initials or a name. thanks you for responding mac122.
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:49 PM

Text box would be pretty simple. You'll need to define the text box in the game file then set the parameters in the style file for the card style you will be using. I'll copy some examples to a text file and post it for you.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 14th, 2015, 12:33 AM

Here's the link to the text file with the basic instructions.

Here's an example of what the text box looks like. Its the "mac122" going vertical just to the right of the abilities text. The "mac122" logo on the bottom right was added in a little bit different manner. It could be done very similarly to the text box, just creating an image field instead. Most of the steps are exactly the same.

Edit: I recommend saving a copy of your style and game files before making any changes. A bit of protection should something get messed up.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; January 14th, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old January 14th, 2015, 07:35 PM

That's just what I was looking for Mac. I will give a try and let you know how it goes. thanks again you have been a big help and this is a great resource to the site.
Old January 16th, 2015, 09:55 PM

Mac is there any way you could download a file with the values to add a field to the triangular box above the "species" box on the Marvel style cards. I read through your instruction but feel a little overwhelmed trying to figure it all out. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Old January 16th, 2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Mac is there any way you could download a file with the values to add a field to the triangular box above the "species" box on the Marvel style cards. I read through your instruction but feel a little overwhelmed trying to figure it all out. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Are you using the standard cards that came with the MSE download? Also, do you want a text field or an image field?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:36 AM

Yes a text box in the triangle shaped box. See a CG3 card as a example.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software