Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:09 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Ninja Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
...and no, I didn't turtle!
You certainly didn't, because Ninja Turtles = cool, but turtling = lame.
Old December 13th, 2016, 10:17 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - revisions

I was thinking about a potential future scenario for the Gang of Four recently when I realized that a power I'd used on a handful of customs, one intended to represent more unusual methods of moving around, had a theme break when applied to crossing molten lava spaces. I missed the flaw when I originally designed the power because the Gang of Four's games rarely involve lava or molten lava. Thankfully, a power that we've been working on in C3V provided an easy way for me to revise the cards that shared that power:

Old December 24th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - revisions

Now I'm dying to know how the power originally read. We play with lava pools semi often so I need to know what I'm missing. Please buddy, share the learning experience.

And have a very Happy Holiday!
Old December 28th, 2016, 11:21 PM

Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Iron Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Now I'm dying to know how the power originally read. We play with lava pools semi often so I need to know what I'm missing. Please buddy, share the learning experience.

And have a very Happy Holiday!
The original version of the power did not have the new first sentence about ignoring terrain effects, but was otherwise the same. I mainly use the power to represent characters who don't fly, but have unusual ways of moving vertically and horizontally without touching the ground. Without the revision, a theme break could occur any time such a character attempted to cross more than two spaces of water at once or even a single molten lava space. The new sentence takes care of that. There are still a couple of potential theme breaks with the revised version, but they would only happen on unusual maps or circumstances, which I can live with.

As for the holidays, I had a good one, thanks. I hope you and the Helm clan had a good holiday too, with new games for all! Two of my cousins helped me test some new customs at our family Christmas party, which was their present to me:

Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:16 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I've also made revisions to my Spider-Man and Venom cards, removing the turn interruption element from their old Spider-Sense powers. The turn interruption was always a minor compromise that nagged at me, but way back when I first designed them it was the best way I could think of to make them competitive against squads and play more like they're depicted in the comics. Scytale's recent article on Customs Creation convinced me to make the effort to revisit those old cards and come up with a solution that doesn't create any potential for rules loopholes.
I've looked over the new cards (and agree with you about avoiding the turn interruption) but I can't see any difference between them and the official versions, other than the point cost. Am I missing something?
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:
I've also made revisions to my Spider-Man and Venom cards, removing the turn interruption element from their old Spider-Sense powers. The turn interruption was always a minor compromise that nagged at me, but way back when I first designed them it was the best way I could think of to make them competitive against squads and play more like they're depicted in the comics. Scytale's recent article on Customs Creation convinced me to make the effort to revisit those old cards and come up with a solution that doesn't create any potential for rules loopholes.
I've looked over the new cards (and agree with you about avoiding the turn interruption) but I can't see any difference between them and the official versions, other than the point cost. Am I missing something?
Their Web Special Attacks can now be used in addition to their normal attacks.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 02:28 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:
Their Web Special Attacks can now be used in addition to their normal attacks.
I must have read that four times without noticing the change. Thanks!
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:37 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Doombot

I've been working on some more cards for a Fantastic Four vs. Mole Man scenario I plan on running for the Gang of Four in May. The game will take place in the underground world of Subterranea and will also include Dr. Doom and his Doombots:

I also revised my Storm card, which often seemed disappointing in games over the years.

Old March 8th, 2017, 12:23 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Two great cards. The Doombot power is simple and effective. I like the wind power on Storm. Tempest power is very thematic too.
Old March 9th, 2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Two great cards. The Doombot power is simple and effective. I like the wind power on Storm. Tempest power is very thematic too.
Thanks, the wind power is just Swirling Vortex from the Air Elemental. I considered keeping the original power name when I designed Storm, but I decided to go with the more straightforward Defensive Winds instead.
Old March 9th, 2017, 01:26 PM

Looks like I have some new cards to make! I like your Doombot -- Minion of Doom is a great power for it to have. You made him as powerful as Doctor Doom (compared to the C3G version at 2 life and a much cheaper cost).
Old March 9th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You get a roll DoD for every Doombot in your army?
Scary.

Cool Storm. She is quite the glass cannon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations