Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM

harry Woo who?
murphy vs. isamu

I just finished a game and had a question. My son had isamu and kept rolling successfully for his vanish 9. I started to think me and my wife will never kill this guy. he was't doing any ral damage he was just bothersome. I look over my guys and saw james murphy's whip 12. I moved him in range and used him on my son. It worked but now that i think about it i am not sure it prevents isamu from vanishing. so my question is can murphy stop isamu from vanishing? I may have misread it. I think isamu could still roll to vanish. I made the call during the game ( since iam the court of appeal) that he could't.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: murphy vs. isamu

I think that Murphy's whip makes Isamu lose all of his defence. Vanish is not rolling defence die. Isamu's vanish can only be negated by an auto-wound ability. Hope that helped! (P.S. I also hate Isamu!)

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
I just finished a game and had a question. My son had isamu and kept rolling successfully for his vanish 9. I started to think me and my wife will never kill this guy. he was't doing any ral damage he was just bothersome. I look over my guys and saw james murphy's whip 12. I moved him in range and used him on my son. It worked but now that i think about it i am not sure it prevents isamu from vanishing. so my question is can murphy stop isamu from vanishing? I may have misread it. I think isamu could still roll to vanish. I made the call during the game ( since iam the court of appeal) that he could't.
No, it would not stop Isamu from Vanishing. Vanish 9 states that you roll for it when the attacker rolls a skull, which is independent from the defense roll.

Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM

harry Woo who?

thanks i was affraid that was the answer. now i know. it was too good to be true.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

They're correct. There are some abilities that will prevent/avoid Vanish though. Among them:

Cyprien's Chillling Touch (kills isamu on a 13+, 11+ with Sonya)
Grimnak's Chomp (16+)
Braxas/Sudema (17+)
Morsbane (totally worth 100 points )
Rechets of Bogdan's Lethal Sting (roll all skulls- 12.5% chance with no bonuses)
DED's Sharpshooter (19+)

Although my personal favorite:
Major X17/Gladiatrons' [Improved] Cyberclaw (If one of them is adjacent to Isamu, he can't move. Since Vanish 9 requires that he end his move in a space that is not adjacent to any enemy figures, he can't vanish.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM

harry Woo who?

I liked the last emample, I had that character and he was adjacent so he shouldn't have been able to move. now I don't feel so bad for having killed him the wrong way. thanks.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As Jexik said, Cyberclaw is the best antidote for Vanish. Once clawed, Isamu can't vanish at all against anything. If I have Sonlen or whoever in my army, Isamu could still approach Sonlen and take a swing at him safely if he's ordermarkerless. Only an order marker on Sonlen will give me that chance to punch through Vanish. But the gladiatrons and Major X17 can make Isamu vulnerable to any old attack from any old figure in your army, whether or not the clawing figure himself has a marker.

Don't give up on James Murphy, though. His whip and shotgun will break a lot of abilities: Scatter, One Shield Defense, Counter Strike, Defensive Agility, Raelin's boost, etc.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:36 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I think that Murphy's whip makes Isamu lose all of his defence. Vanish is not rolling defence die. Isamu's vanish can only be negated by an auto-wound ability. Hope that helped! (P.S. I also hate Isamu!)
Pssst: No one likes facing him.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old November 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
They're correct. There are some abilities that will prevent/avoid Vanish though. Among them:

Grimnak's Chomp (16+)
Braxas/Sudema (17+)
Rechets of Bogdan's Lethal Sting (roll all skulls- 12.5% chance with no bonuses)
DED's Sharpshooter (19+)
I would consider using Tor-Kul-Na to squish the little bug, with only having to roll a 7 or higher, the chances are pretty good that Isamu won't be doing too much damage.
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:14 PM

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:

Grimnak's Chomp (16+)
Braxas/Sudema (17+)
DED's Sharpshooter (19+)
I would consider using Tor-Kul-Na to squish the little bug, with only having to roll a 8 or higher, the chances are pretty good that Isamu won't be doing too much damage.
Fixed!

Old November 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Grimnak's Chomp (16+)
Braxas/Sudema (17+)
DED's Sharpshooter (19+)
I would consider using Tor-Kul-Na to squish the little bug, with only having to roll a 7 or higher with Su-Bak-Na, the chances are pretty good that Isamu won't be doing too much damage.
Fixed!
Fixed!
Old November 25th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Grimnak's Chomp (16+)
Braxas/Sudema (17+)
DED's Sharpshooter (19+)
I would consider using Tor-Kul-Na to squish the little bug, with only having to roll a 7 or higher with Su-Bak-Na, the chances are pretty good that Isamu won't be doing too much damage.
Fixed!
Fixed!

Touche! But using 380 points to destroy 10 points isn't that time-worthy in my opinion. The problem that I find with an SBN-boosted Torky is that The Vanishing Man can just sneak past Torky and try to take out SBN. In short, SBN would provide an expensive, but fragile target for Isamu to attack to try and gain back his point value.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's