Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 16th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Storm card and Jean Grey design

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For Circling Punch SA, the mechanics are a bit confusing. Is the double attack aspect meant to apply, separately, to each separate attack on each defending figure, or is it just one additional attack overall? Or is it that he attacks all adjacent figures, then attacks all adjacent figures again? (Trying to figure out the order of operations as well).
It's this one:
Or is it that he attacks all adjacent figures, then attacks all adjacent figures again?

He circles around twice punching each figure as he passes.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why not just simplify it like this then?

CIRCLING PUNCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Quicksilver may attack all adjacent figures twice. Roll attack dice separately for each attack on each figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
LASSO OF TRUTH 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Wonder Woman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may move the chosen figure to any other empty space adjacent to Wonder Woman. Engaged figures moved by Lasso of Truth will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Other than what? What's the purpose of the bolded "other"?
Other than the one they were occupying when they were chosen.

It's probably not necessary but seems like it helped explain the purpose of the power. But you are correct in that the space they occupied was not empty. consider that "other" word edited out!
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Were they occupying an empty space adjacent to Wonder Woman when they were chosen? (Ah, yes, you got there too).

quozl, I don't think your suggested wording follows his intent. I think something like after using the special attack you may use it one additional time might get to the point better.

It seems he wants you to go through the process of each of your initial attacks before going to any of your second attacks on figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 16th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Captain Underpants

Correct. Although quiz's wording is succinct, it doesn't describe the intent and the timing could be off. It suggests you attack a single figure twice before moving on to the next figure.

Maybe this spells it out better:

CIRCLING PUNCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Quicksilver may attack all adjacent figures. Roll attack dice separately for each figure. When Quicksilver attacks with his Circling Punch Special Attack he may attack one additional time with his Circling Punch Special Attack.

It sounds redundant but I think it plays out the steps of Wash, Rinse, Repeat:
1. Attack all adjacent figures of choice (not mandatory to hit them all).
2. Roll attack dice and defense dice for each one.
3. Repeat the process one time.

EDIT: Does it help any to change the title to CIRCLE TWICE SPECIAL ATTACK ? My kids don’t like the idea of changing the title though.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 16th, 2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old October 16th, 2019, 07:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I still think "After Quicksilver uses his Circling Punch Special Attack, he may use his Circling Punch Special Attack one additional time" reads more clearly.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 16th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Captain Underpants

Um, duh, so do I. Haven’t you read my last edit?

... Thanks buddy, I like that and made the change.

Edit: by the way, the changes can be summarized as,

Flash - changed class to “Speedster” which allows slight edit of wording in Speedster Engagement Strike.

Quicksilver - changed class to “Speedster” which allows slight edit of wording in Supersonic Strike (name change from Hyper Speed). Also cleared up Special Attack wording (thanks guys).

Wonder Woman - removed limit on Bullets and Bracelets. One word removed from Lasso (thanks Bats)

Doctor Octopus - changed x2 climb to x3 climb to allow for castle wall scaling.

Lex Luthor - changed Master Planner to not require Order Marker 1 but rather X Market that gives player an extra last turn with any hero when they win initiative. This radical difference affects his total points.

On all powers I added the number to the title if the 20-sided die roll power warranted it.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 16th, 2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:48 PM

Cool. Now what are you going to LD for C3G?

Old October 18th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Captain Underpants

I've been think about it, Bats, I really have. I need to look through the C3G catalog to see what is out there and what is missing. Then if I can formulate some ideas, I'll jump in with the team.

By the way, I noticed in the official roster there is only one "C3G Joker" and he's not Joaquin Phoenix.
Old October 18th, 2019, 06:57 PM

It's hard to beat an original.

We're up to 901 in our catalog now, so you've got some reading to do!

Old October 20th, 2019, 05:44 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

BTW: can you please make a space in one of the first 3 posts of this thread to group & link to the posts of work that I need to do. I wasn't sure if I got all & having one place to look would be helpful. That way I can say it's your fault if I miss it & it's not there.
Old October 20th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Captain Underpants

Yipeeeeee! It's X-mas time in the Helm household. All of those updates and Jean Grey looking so awesome. Does anyone doubt that A3n is the greatest?

I can absolutely turn the 2nd post into the link for new art commissions. You are da'MAN!

Thanks, partner, I could never do this without you.

And before Bats chimes in... I haven't forgotten about the C3G.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 20th, 2019 at 11:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations