Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 26th, 2018, 06:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of John Constantine - Initial PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Took a closer look at Mystic Domination, don't see why it couldn't or shouldn't work there and I agree, seeing a low roll and getting a second chance to avoid losing all your powers would certainly be a good use of the power. I'll try to run an army with him and some Doombots as allies for John.
And for what it’s worth, John has demon blood in him, so it kind of sort of makes sense on a thematic level.

Yeah, so I just read the Mystic Domination power without reading the Invoke Demons power first. Now I see the issue Dok was bringing up. Not sure what the official ruling would be as I can see it both ways. He's not modifying the roll, he's replacing it, so technically it passes muster. However, I think that perhaps @Ronin 's intent was for it to not be replaced either. The nature of the power and the source of it is such that I could see letting the replaced number be allowed here though based on theme. Just not sure what to do if another figure comes along that does a similar replace d20 roll mechanic but the theme is a poor match.
Old November 26th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I wasn't really thinking about re-rolls or replacement effects when I wrote that, but I think the spirit of the power is that John couldn't mess with it.

(Unless N'Astirh turned him into a Demon)
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I wasn't really thinking about re-rolls or replacement effects when I wrote that, but I think the spirit of the power is that John couldn't mess with it.

(Unless N'Astirh turned him into a Demon)
My shoot-from-the-hip reaction is that it might just be easier to amend Doom's card to not allow re-rolls so it covers all future re-rolling units.
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I was thinking about just tweaking Doom's card for clarity as well.
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm find with that interpretation, and also okay with building a N'astirh/Doom/Constantine army for testing. Grab a bunch of Unique spells to go along with them of course.
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Symbiotic

Could be cool. Kind of a variant on the N'asty/Doom/JL Bats army, which is a fun crazy theme fusion build. I'd guess it would be a little less effective than that, but also quite a bit cheaper (considering Constantine doesn't need a bunch of figures to give him markers).
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Thinking of testing him in the 170-190 range as just under 200 seems like a good thematic fit for him. Maybe one army test at each point level (170, 180, 190) and seeing how he feels after that. Any thoughts or objections on that direction before I start putting together army ideas?
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thinking of testing him in the 170-190 range as just under 200 seems like a good thematic fit for him. Maybe one army test at each point level (170, 180, 190) and seeing how he feels after that. Any thoughts or objections on that direction before I start putting together army ideas?
One small thing is that I’m wondering if Range 4/Attack 4 is the best fit for him. The New 52 version (the one that would have a ranged attack) seems to be considerably worse than Zatanna at combat magic and she’s R4A4. Maybe @ALEXAN2507 could provide more context on this version of the character that I’m less aware of? I could see lowering his attack. Either way, I don’t really think it’s a big thing.
Old November 26th, 2018, 07:56 PM
C3G Landlord

What if we just went with Range 1 here? Many of the MD figures have range 4 to represent general magical spell attacks before the spell cards ever came along as an idea. Since he doesn't have full MD for good reason, perhaps he shouldn't have a general ranged spell attack either.
Old November 26th, 2018, 08:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Starting to think that many high 100's could be too high for this card though. The d20 boost for allies support power is only once per round now and he isn't much of a fighter himself. Less points for his card means more room for Unique spells and d20 using allies though so having him come in at the mid to low 100's would be okay with me. Just trying to figure out where to start the testing at so I don't spend a bunch of time testing him at a level he's not qualified for.

Maybe the first game should just be a 150, then go up or down from there based on the results.
Old November 26th, 2018, 08:22 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Hmm, does the replacement roll get the same boosts as the original roll? Like if Destiny was boosting a Mutant Outcast's roll by 3, would that 3 carry over to the replacement roll?

If it does carry over, I'd recommend some tests with Destiny, Mags, and Gorgon/Typhoid/Whatever-Mutant-D-20-User.

If not, probably best to just to test him with more mid-ranged D-20 users, or perhaps guys with negative-but-unlikely aspects of their D-20 powers (like Wonder Man) where he shouldn't need to save their bacon more than once a round most of the time.

Either way, no major concerns.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 26th, 2018, 08:40 PM
C3G Landlord

In that example, I would think the boosts would not be applied to Constantine's roll since he's not a mutant himself. Harder to say on something like Batman III, I guess you could remove a marker to add 2 to one of the two rolls but not both rolls at the same time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library