Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 6th, 2016, 03:36 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Ah, right! I misread that. Still, imagine a massed bunch of Venoc Vipers...
Old December 6th, 2016, 05:16 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
That SA is -- wow. He can potentially hit, what, 21 figures with a ranged attack of 3 in one turn? I mean, not likely, but still!
He only can do it twice, not 2 additional times. That would max out at 14 targets, which is still a lot. The map would either have to be just right or the opponent would have to make some pretty big mistakes to pull that off, however.
Mithrodar takes a Taxi (Theracus) towards your opponent's start zone on OM1. Then on OM2 he rains down meteors!!! That would be pretty awesome, but a 200-point investment might get clusters of swarm armies like Ashigaru or Glads/Blasts. I sort of like it.

Solid design, and I find the theme and background very unique. Thank you!! (especially since I've had that mini for like 3-years and haven't done anything with him).
Old December 7th, 2016, 12:57 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like that design a lot. Nice job, Ixe

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 11th, 2016, 01:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I really like Mithrodar. The backstory is great. The theme seems to be solid enough. He does have an incredible amount of damage output with the meteor shower. The one thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is the incredible amount of defense including 2 auto blocks with 4 lives on top of that. I don't know how much testing you have ran him through, so it may be on. Overall very neat take on a new kind of wizard of the arcane.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 12th, 2016, 08:58 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the additional comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Mithrodar takes a Taxi (Theracus) towards your opponent's start zone on OM1. Then on OM2 he rains down meteors!!! That would be pretty awesome, but a 200-point investment might get clusters of swarm armies like Ashigaru or Glads/Blasts. I sort of like it.

Solid design, and I find the theme and background very unique. Thank you!! (especially since I've had that mini for like 3-years and haven't done anything with him).
Yeah, but at least any Theracus option gives your opponent at least two turns to hopefully spread out a bit. The real danger would be this power on a medium Utgar hero who can potentially get in range immediately between Brunak and Ornak (still a steep investment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like that design a lot. Nice job, Ixe
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I really like Mithrodar. The backstory is great. The theme seems to be solid enough. He does have an incredible amount of damage output with the meteor shower. The one thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is the incredible amount of defense including 2 auto blocks with 4 lives on top of that. I don't know how much testing you have ran him through, so it may be on. Overall very neat take on a new kind of wizard of the arcane.
The two auto blocks are only against special attacks (he'd basically be impossible otherwise in too many match ups). 6 defense is pretty good but he'll still fold to big attackers quickly enough.
Old December 12th, 2016, 01:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That's good, its like the Iron Golems. I don't know how I read into it being for all defense rolls. That brings him down a notch.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:00 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's another devil for my devil faction. This is an Erinyes from Pathfinder Miniatures.

NAME = Erinyes
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Devil
CLASS = Warrior
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON HERO

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 35

ANIMATED ROPE 16

After moving and before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of this Erinyes. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, that figure cannot roll defense dice this turn.

LAVA RESISTANT
An Erinyes never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and it does not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

FLYING
When counting spaces fro an Erinyes movement, ignore elevation. An Erinyes may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If an Erinyes is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

This is an Erinyes, a skilled devil warrior who is deadly with a bow. Erinyes are known for being able to magically control rope as if it is an extension of their own body. If they close with an opponent, they can command this rope to temporarily bind them and leave them open for an attack.

The Erinyes are part of my Devil Faction which is all brought together by the Ice Devil. They are their most powerful ranged option, but they are also quite expensive. They can at most act as a 3 figured flying ranged squad for effectively 105 points, although this is somewhat increased by the cost of the Ice Devil. Their cost is high enough and their defense low enough that they are best kept at range, although they can be even more dangerous if the enemy comes in close.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old December 19th, 2016, 09:26 AM

Here's a fun hero for Valkrill. This is a Gug from Pathfinder Miniatures - Shattered Star.

NAME = Rovagug
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Arctorus
SPECIES = Gug
CLASS = Devourer
PERSONALITY = Terrifying
SIZE = HUGE 11 (double based)
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 160

SWALLOW WHOLE

Before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Rovagug. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, place it on Rovagug's Army Card. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, place the chosen hero on Rovagug's Army Card. If Rovagug is destroyed, immediately place each figure on its Army Card on a space previously occupied by Rovagug, if possible. If a figure cannot be placed this way, that figure is destroyed.

DIGEST
At the end of each round, destroy all figure's on Rovagug's Army Card. Remove that many wound markers from Rovagug's Army card.

Rovagug is an enormous, eldritch monster from the stuff of nightmares. It can attack with deadly claws but is most dangerous in that it can swallow its enemies whole. Fortunately for its victims, it takes some time to be digested by the creature and there is still a chance to rescue its victims before they are fully digested. Should Rovagug digest something, it can rapidly draw nutrients from it and recover from the most deadly wounds.

Rovagug is terrifying indeed for being able to swallow figures whole and claw them apart with a high attack, it is vulnerable and can be taken down (rescuing swallowed figures in the process), but that damage can be potentially reversed if they don't act quick enough and start the cycle all over again.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old December 19th, 2016, 02:30 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Love it! Wow what a figure. The Swallow Whole mechanic is a nice play on Chomp.

My only suggestion would be around the Digestion. I'm going to put my 3 OM on him since he will digest at the end of the round and there is less risk of the devoured figures returning.

What if instead of at the end of the round, you did "upon eating third figure"? Something like, "if he Devours a figure and there are two figures on this card, you must destroy one of those figures and remove a wound from this card, if possible."

That would also mean that you don't run into the situation where there are more figures on him than can be placed.

As always, just a suggestion!
Old December 19th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:

My only suggestion would be around the Digestion. I'm going to put my 3 OM on him since he will digest at the end of the round and there is less risk of the devoured figures returning.

What if instead of at the end of the round, you did "upon eating third figure"? Something like, "if he Devours a figure and there are two figures on this card, you must destroy one of those figures and remove a wound from this card, if possible."

That would also mean that you don't run into the situation where there are more figures on him than can be placed.

As always, just a suggestion!
Or perhaps make the digestion a gradual thing?

'At the end of each round, each figure on this card receives a wound.'

I have to say, though, I love him! Great figure and imaginative powers for him. I love a lot of your figures actually - no specific plans right now, but would you object to me at some stage asking MCC to make cards for some of your units for me so that I can use them down the line? There are a number of your guys I'd be interested in.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 20th, 2016, 02:48 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. I love Rovagug!! Probably one of my more favorite custom designs I've seen lately. I think it hits all the right buttons. And he sounds like a lot of fun to play as well.

I'm considering picking the figure up. Do you have any pics of him on the battlefield among official figures?

I do think the digestion ability could be tweaked a little as others have pointed out. Personally I love the suggestion of @Lazy Orang with a slowed down, one wound per figure per round. Squaddies would still be through his intestines quickly, but heroes would feel a little less susceptible to a convenient 3rd turn devour. It feels a little more thematic too.

I'm not sure how it would work with possible loopholes in the game though in regards to figures no longer on the battlefield. I know I occasionally play games that go to a certain round #. How do Heroscape rules handle figures that are no longer on the battlefield, but not yet destroyed? Trying to think of official examples and the best example I can come up with are Iskra's Rechets. The cards don't require any elaboration on the point, so I assume a figure off the battlefield would count the same as a destroyed one in a game-end scenario.

Slight tweaking suggestions aside, a brilliant design. Bravo!

Last edited by bmon; December 20th, 2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:21 PM

Thanks for all of the comments!

Quote:

OM 3 is pretty safe for it but you then lose out on its ability to heal. If you eat 3 figures, you get to remove 3 wounds. It is pretty high risk, high reward.

Quote:

That is tempting in that I don't like the ambiguity involved when you kill it when it has 3 figures on it. I could also put a rider that it can only have two figures on its card since there would be limited room in there, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Or perhaps make the digestion a gradual thing?

'At the end of each round, each figure on this card receives a wound.'
Swallowing heroes is tough enough as is that I'm not going to sweat a gradual digestion. Destroying is just a bit cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I have to say, though, I love him! Great figure and imaginative powers for him. I love a lot of your figures actually - no specific plans right now, but would you object to me at some stage asking MCC to make cards for some of your units for me so that I can use them down the line? There are a number of your guys I'd be interested in.
Feel free to play with or modify any or all of my designs. Glad to hear that you like them. If you do have the MCC make one of mine, let me know so I can post their card here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Wow. I love Rovagug!! Probably one of my more favorite custom designs I've seen lately. I think it hits all the right buttons. And he sounds like a lot of fun to play as well.

I'm considering picking the figure up. Do you have any pics of him on the battlefield among official figures?
Glad that you like the design. Here is a picture of it next to two VC figures for scale (Elaria the Pale and Myrddin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I'm not sure how it would work with possible loopholes in the game though in regards to figures no longer on the battlefield. I know I occasionally play games that go to a certain round #. How do Heroscape rules handle figures that are no longer on the battlefield, but not yet destroyed? Trying to think of official examples and the best example I can come up with are Iskra's Rechets. The cards don't require any elaboration on the point, so I assume a figure off the battlefield would count the same as a destroyed one in a game-end scenario.
I'm not sure the answer to a lot of this so I'd rather stick to the destroy territory and not worry about it. Again, there is only a 1 in 4 chance of swallowing a hero so I'm not terribly concerned about it digesting them quickly when it happens. If I'm going to put a restriction on the number it can swallow, I'd rather not have heroes clogging up its digestive system.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards