Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
What unit (or units) have consistently let you down?

Okay HeroScapers,

To go along with my other post about which unit or units have always worked well for you, here's a post about which unit or units have consistently 'let you down' or failed you.

For me, it's usually any squad at all (other than Ninjas). Since common squads have 1 life only, they rarely stick around long enough to be useful (for me, anyway) and while holding glyphs or tying up larger foes is, admittedly helpful, it hasn't been helpful enough for me...yet. Granted, I'm still a noob so perhaps my view on this will change eventually.

Also, the whole mind-shackle thing? Not working for me, ever, even with Su-Bak-Na hanging around and lucky Lodin glyph. I'm not meant to mind-shackle, clearly, I must have offended the Mind-shackling sisters of fate or something.

Now it's your turn...
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I don't know if any unit has "consistently" let me down, becaus eif they let me down a few times, I just quit using them, at least in similar types of situations. I would say that the a few times Jotun has let me down. I remember distintcly a couple of times rolling 9 dice against Charos, and getting like 1 or 2 skulls and then getting counterstiked (counterstruck?).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Microcorp Agents
Sentinels
Major Q9

Ironically, these units give me fits when played against me

EDIT: I guess you could say any units that require slightly sub-par to good defense rolls tend to let me down. I generally shy away from units that need defense to be effective. I'll take better life over defense any day.
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There was a time I would have said the Ninja. For some reason I NEVER disappear, and then fail on the defense roll. They've just never really gotten things done for me. I can't really say that anymore without enraging my friends though. I had a game where two of my Ninja met their usual quick fate, but the third just started to flip out and kill people. By the time he went down, he'd taken out MeBurqSa, the Marro Warriors, and 2 squads of Blade Gruts. Real ultimate power indeed.

There's a few units that never seem to work out for me. I don't have a lot of luck with Q9, nor have I seen the 4th Mass really dominate. The Sentinels never really seem to be worth picking over the Minions either. I also have TERRIBLE luck with Morsbane. He just never seems to negate things in a reasonable number of turns. Usually far less than the turns I would have needed to just kill the guy.
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:30 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Deadeye, Braxas, and Aubriens

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:45 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I've had really poor results with the minions. I love those guys but they just never do very well when I use them. At their cost every death really hurts too.
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I suppose the question is whether or not to state the obvious. The unit that I really, really want to be viable but can't make work is The Einar Imperium. Using them with Raelin and/or Kiova looks good on paper but is terribly impractical in any game where I've attempted it.

The "good" unit that always seems to fail me while everyone else loves him is Krug. For whatever reason he always seems to go from kitten to dead without pausing on unstoppable killing machine for me.

~Aldin, petting his rats

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Ninjas by far. You'd figure when every unit with a special attack is gone these guys would rule the board. Nope. It seems like everytime they rule one skull you disappear and when they rule 2-3 disappear never works.

I like these guys I just wish they were just 10 points cheaper. :P

Minions always disappoint me to. I spend 5-6 turns trying to get them anywhere near combat and when I finally get there I have like one minion left and of course hes rolling blanks. I'll just keep these guys on the shelf and let someone who knows how to rolll shields play these guys.

Grenade lobbyist
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
There was a time I would have said the Ninja. For some reason I NEVER disappear, and then fail on the defense roll. They've just never really gotten things done for me. I can't really say that anymore without enraging my friends though. I had a game where two of my Ninja met their usual quick fate, but the third just started to flip out and kill people. By the time he went down, he'd taken out MeBurqSa, the Marro Warriors, and 2 squads of Blade Gruts. Real ultimate power indeed.
Man that bold part just cracked me up for some reason...I envisioned this little plastic ninja freaking out and attacking everyone while screaming a ninja-esque war-cry. LOL
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Deadeye Dan. He only ever seems to hit once before going down.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Must I say it?

Shades of Bleakewoode. I love 'em, some of my favorite sculpts, but I've never gotten them to work for me.
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I love my Shaolin Monks dearly. I can get them in to do the Shaolin Assault, but the skulls never show up.

When it's time to defend, they whiff nearly all the time.

I've had moderate success with them lately, but overall?
Just not happy with them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles