Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM

scores has disabled reputation
Braxas

Braxas---I know that engagement rules do not apply to special abilities. However, What is her line of sight for acid breath?

We had a mini tournament this weekend of six people 2 separate groups of three...my group plays that she can see 180 degrees from the front hex...the other group plays any four squares from either hex?

What is this groups opinion?
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
you may use either hex to determine range

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
She determines whether or not she can see a figure from her head and what her range is from either base hex.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
I thought that her special attack involved clear sight spaces, which were different from Line of sight. I thought clear sight spaces were like line of sight from any part of the figure or as if the figure being attacked could see Braxas. Since her breath is kind of an aura-like thing, this would make sense and it would negate the complexity of 180 degrees. When we play, braxas' ability is more effective that 180 degrees.
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:02 AM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Clear sight spaces means there aren't any obstructions in the way. Line of sight means using the green zone indicated on the card to check for a shot.
Old January 9th, 2007, 03:32 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_
Clear sight spaces means there aren't any obstructions in the way. Line of sight means using the green zone indicated on the card to check for a shot.
I don't think that's right Sev... My understanding is that "Clear Sight Spaces" mean that the fig can see ANY BIT of the targetted figure (2nd Ed. Rules, p.15), while "Line of Sight" means that the fig can see (from its green 'target point' - its eyes, normally) A BIT OF THE RED HIT ZONE of the targetted figure (2nd Ed. Rules, p.13).

Question: The targetted fig's BASE doesn't apply (doesn't exist, you could say) in either of the above situations, UNLESS the targetted fig is on a ladder and the targetting fig is also on the ladder below, and ALL YOU CAN SEE from below the targetted fig is it's base.

Is that a correct statement?

What if the targetted fig is BELOW the targetting fig on a ladder, and the fig's own base blocks it from seeing any of the targetted fig? Do we take from the precedent above (if I stated it correctly?) that you can see right through your base and target the fig on the ladder below?

H
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_
Quote:
I don't think that's right Sev... My understanding is that "Clear Sight Spaces" mean that the fig can see ANY BIT of the targetted figure (2nd Ed. Rules, p.15), while "Line of Sight" means that the fig can see (from its green 'target point' - its eyes, normally) A BIT OF THE RED HIT ZONE of the targetted figure (2nd Ed. Rules, p.13).
Hmm, aren't you saying the same thing here? I pretty sure if all you can see is the No-Hit zones like the gun, thats NOT considered Clear Sight Space...

Quote:
Question: The targetted fig's BASE doesn't apply (doesn't exist, you could say) in either of the above situations, UNLESS the targetted fig is on a ladder and the targetting fig is also on the ladder below, and ALL YOU CAN SEE from below the targetted fig is it's base.
Somewhere I read it states that you can use the base of the figure as a tool when determining LOS.

Quote:
Is that a correct statement?
Nether will know :P

Quote:
What if the targetted fig is BELOW the targetting fig on a ladder, and the fig's own base blocks it from seeing any of the targetted fig? Do we take from the precedent above (if I stated it correctly?) that you can see right through your base and target the fig on the ladder below?

H
Same as above.
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
rules available here

On page 8 it states you can use the edge of the base to sight for LOS
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Correct. Line of Sight means that you can see RED from the green dot. Clear Sight Spaces means that you can you see RED or GREY from the green dot. So Raelin could NOT hide behind a ruin wall and use her wings to see over it, but a Sentinel who was hiding behind a ruin could benefit from Raelin's aura if Raelin could see his wings sticking over the top.

As far as ladders. A figure above you on a ladder may be targeted if you can see their base. As in you can't use your own base to block line of sight to you. However, you block line of sight to other figures above you on the ladder.

If you are above your target, you can use the edge of your base as your sight point and look down from there.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM

monte_kev Woo who?
Re: Braxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by scores
Braxas---I know that engagement rules do not apply to special abilities. However, What is her line of sight for acid breath?
the special ability still has to effect the engaged enemy. not sure if that will change the situation:
from official FAQ:
Quote:
Can I use a special power on a ranged figure when I'm engaged to another figure?
Special powers can affect non-engaged figures when you are engaged to another figure. However, you can only use attacks (normal/special) that affect the figure(s) you are engaged to first.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
Re: Braxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte_kev
Quote:
Originally Posted by scores
the special ability still has to effect the engaged enemy. not sure if that will change the situation:
from official FAQ:
Quote:
Can I use a special power on a ranged figure when I'm engaged to another figure?
Special powers can affect non-engaged figures when you are engaged to another figure. However, you can only use attacks (normal/special) that affect the figure(s) you are engaged to first.
You should read that more carefully, you are indeed allowed to use Braxas's special on non engaged figures even when your engaged. It's saying only with special Attacks do you have to attack the engaged figure first.

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM

monte_kev Woo who?
crap, I havnt used baraxas...just assumed it was a SA, wow he is in my next list for sure now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units