Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 7th, 2007, 06:25 PM

bigmick has disabled reputation
Finn and Thorgrim

Can someone please explain how these guys can be useful? Me and my co worker have tried to think of countless ways to make these guys useful, but cannot come up with anything!
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Omega has disabled reputation
The best thing about Finn and Thorgrim is that when they die they can still help out your army. A 7 wounded Krug with Finn and Thorgrim on him can be your opponents worst nightmare (I had that setup againts my friend once). 1 more attack and/or defense can really help. Syvarris with Finn's spirit can really help. Also, they can help during the battles with their attack and defense aura 1.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM

bigmick has disabled reputation
right, but they cannto help slyvaris out during the fight, and is +1 attack and +1 d on one unit worth 160 points?
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Omega has disabled reputation
No, 1 more attack and defense is not worth 160 points most of the time, but a Syvarris with Finn's attack spirit and height sniping out of danger and pwning all that approach is worth the extra 80 points I believe.

P.S. sorry for the use of the word pwning

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
In the first Mass. Tourney I used both Finn and Thorgrim in my 400 point, plus 2 squads of Knights and the Krav Maga Agents.

Both Vikings are Human Champions, so they bond with the Knights. They provided +1 attack or +1 defense to the Knights they were adjacent to(which they were most of the time) and their spirits were given to the Krav after they died.

The army worked very well. I was undefeated (3-0-1) with one game called due to time. No, it is not worth 160 points just to beef up another unit, but when used effectively they are more than worth their points.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
it's worth 160 points when you kill units with them, or wound units. Seriously, you would set them in front lines, send em in. They'd kill a few guys and get killed, then they'd give +1 atk and def. Or have them be adjacent to your guys to give them bonuses, so they become targets to your enemies.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i've killed Dumutef Guard with my finn before.

Dumutef was on road, so he had 5 attack. He rolled all five skulls.

I'm thinkin "well, finn, at least you're useful in the afterlife" and roll my defense. 5 Shields (4 + height advantage). I lived, wound free, and proceeded to roll 4 skulls next turn, killing the Guard. My opponent was pissed off!
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Plus what's good about the Vikings is that they will work on all unique figures, meaning squads too. Beefing up the Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Vikings, or the samurai can greatly enhance their use.

Old January 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM

theats has disabled reputation
whats really sweet is when you use them with the marros for a "permanent" suply of troops with 4 defence and 3 attack.

Theophilus.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
I like the combo with the tagawa with finn and thorgrims spirit. When they get to full xp and you back that squad up with Raelin you basically get three guys with 7 attack and 8 defense.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Josef has disabled reputation
Mostly, you don't have to use al lof them together. Use them on characters to counteract weaknesses or create amazing advantages. Krav with 4 def is very very deadly. many of the high cost hero's die to soo, but with one more defence that oget helps ex. abilities like steath dodge counterstrike any ability use those stats if usualy worth it.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmick
right, but they cannto help slyvaris out during the fight, and is +1 attack and +1 d on one unit worth 160 points?
Well if you are just drafting them and letting them be cannon fodder its definately not worth the 160 points just for a boost in a couple of stats.

You gotta get them out there and try to kill some stuff. At 3A, 4D, 4L they aren't slouches, they aren't stellar squad killers, but they can take some stuff down before they die. Being Human Champions also means that in the right army they can be bonded, so you don't have to use any Order Markers on them.

Then you have their Auras.

If you use them properly they are worth their points, just like every other unit in the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units