Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you think the nakita agents are good?
Yes (they are awesome!) 80 71.43%
no (they aren't that good at all) 9 8.04%
no opinion (don't have them or they're nothing special) 23 20.54%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:11 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Why are nakita agents considered good?

This may sound like a stupid question, but I don't understand why everyone thinks the nakita agents are so good. The general consensus on the forums and especially in the heroscape codex just released is that the nakita agents are among the top 3 best addition to the game. I just don't see it.

They are 120 pts which is pretty expensive for a squad of 3. Their engagement strike is awesome, and their gorillinator movement bonding is awesome and I can see why that could be good. But they only have 6 range and 5 movement, and their smoke powder ability doesnt seem like it would work that well (the whole "all other figures you control adjacent to them not able to be shot for targeting figure's turn" thing doesn't seem like it would work ever) I must be reading it wrong.

I mean if they are targeted by a non-adjacent figure with a normal attack, yes it is nice that a roll of 13 will prevent everything, but if the attack is a normal attack how will any other figures be affected anyway? (unless it is a double attack, which currently only 3 units have)

I was just wondering what your thoughts on them are, and why you think they are so good (if in fact you do). And what armies you use them with? I never use them and I don't like doing that with my heroscape figures so I'd really like it and appreciate it if i got some input so i may learn the secret to why they are so good. Thanks!
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:20 AM

Josef has disabled reputation
did you know, the smoke powder carries over to anyone next to them, so if the adjacent figures are targeted you get to roll.

Personaly I don't like them that much i'd take the Krav any day. If you pick them, and the gorilla, your extreamly vulnerable to special attacks. The 3 attack on a range squad is rare and good, but they often die extreamly fast for me, I would often rather pick the ninja for a d-20 prevent ability or 2 Microcorp. Though i'm a agressive player and like fast and powerful units. I really like them though for the fact that they made the gorillanators better, as they are on my top figs for asthetics. I should probably use multiple G nators though to really test them out. I have no multiples
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I like the Nakita, though I choose to go with other units like Microcorp.

Yes the Nakita are good, but not awesome, they serve a purpose, and I usually don't play that purpose,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:36 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Because they do not start polls on this site.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:40 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Because they do not start polls on this site.
eh?

then how come on that codex it seems everyone lists them as being in the top 5 best new units? if nobody seems to really care for them? it seems like their bonding with gorrilinators seems like an expensive glyph grabbing ploy as well.
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:50 AM

Josef has disabled reputation
Re: Why are nakita agents considered good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I mean if they are targeted by a non-adjacent figure with a normal attack, yes it is nice that a roll of 13 will prevent everything, but if the attack is a normal attack how will any other figures be affected anyway? (unless it is a double attack, which currently only 3 units have)
A) if it was the first person of a squad, or somthing like double attac kwith Syvaris

B)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef
did you know, the smoke powder carries over to anyone next to them, so if the adjacent figures are targeted you get to roll to prevent damage and keep anyone adjacent to the Nakita untargetable.
I would call that one of their better abilities. Just usless against SA's. All the abilitys are good, they just have to many, which make them to expensive (in my mind). I prefere figures that are cheap but have a good ability, you can always use stratagie to bypass their weakness.
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:51 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Powder is for the rest of the figure's turn; that includes squad figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro FAQ
Does the smoke powder block Line of Sight for an entire squad that attacks the Nakita Agents, or just 1 figure from that squad? What happens if the Agents do not roll for Smoke powder on the first attack from a squad? When the next figure from that squad targets them, do they get to roll again?
The Nakita Agent's card says "For the duration of the targeting figure's turn". When a squad takes a turn, they move together, and then they attack together. That attacking figure's/squad's turn isn't over until all figures from that squad have attacked. In other words, as soon as a Nakita Agent rolls for Smoke Powder against a squad figure and is successful, it takes effect for the rest of the turn for that squad. The other figures in that squad would be unable to attack affected figures unless they were adjacent to a Nakita Agent, or any adjacent figure covered under the smoke powder.
However, if the first roll for Smoke Powder is unsuccessful, once the figure is re-targeted (targeted being the key word) with the second squad figure attack, you would be able to roll for smoke powder again!
If you line up four ranged shot with your Airborne elite then start firing at Nakitas and the powder hits on the first shot, none of your airborne are able to target Nakitas or any figure controlled standing next to them for the rest of the AE's turn; if it doesn't hit on the first shot but it does on the second then the remaining three of your AE cant target the Nakitas & buddies.... that is indeed powerful.....................when it hits

Didn't seem like you fully understood that the ruling is that the figure's card is unable to target the Nakitas and the adjacent controlled units.

When you combine it all you have a powerful squad that has to be pretty lucky,(13 or 15) to get it done. They are probably worth the points for all they do...they just don't consistently do it.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's the what 120 points buys you - engagement strike, Smoke Powder and primate prime orders.
They're insane if you can get that Smoke Powder to work.
Keep them adjacent to Q9, some Krav, and Raelin, Realin protects everybody, Nakitas protect Raelin and Q9.
Did the designers even need to make their attack a base of 3?!?
It's just sick...

Vydar's really starting to **** me off.

Old January 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM

R˙chean: it would seem that you are correct. i was very misinformed or in err about the nakita agents. i would have never interpreted their smoke powder ability as preventing an entire squad from shooting them for a turn if one was successful at smoking powder. that being said and learned then the nakita agents are incredible!

i just played a game with Q9, nakita agents, laglor, and 2 squads of deathreavers against a viper army with aubrien archers. my army crushed. Q9 actually did really well. the deathreavers blocked the vipers quite well, and the nakitas smoke powdered once, and killed 2 vipers. it got hopeless enough for my opponent to forfeit the rest of the game, much to my dismay. but the army worked real well. i have learned why nakitas are so great.

thanks to all!
Old January 4th, 2007, 02:26 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Wave 5 is why I like to include those with Special Attacks in my armies. Someone like Nilfheim can greatly harm an army that relies upon the Nakita protection as well as kill units like the nakita, NON, and gorillas quite effectively
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:13 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Look out though if you face the nikita without anyone with a special attack
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
The Nakita alone arent worth 120 points.

However, if part of a 500+ army, they can shine, and almost be a bargain.

They need Gorillinators to fully be worth their points, and you need to use them defensively, so their smoke powder saves your other figures consistently.

One of my favourite armies is this:

Q9 180
Nakita 120
Krav Maga 100
Raelin 80

(Or if you need to play aggressively, swap some Gorillinators for Raelin)

On my command, fix bayonets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles