Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 20th, 2006, 12:02 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
interesting days at work anyone?

If you have any stories about your day, share them here. I'll start if off...

WARNING: PG-13 material below!

I was talking to my boss (daniel) the other day, right? Here's how the convo went:

Daniel: "Hey bradley, what time do you get off tonight?"
Me: "Nine, how about you?"
Daniel: "Same time as you"
short pause
Daniel: "Its a mutual get-off"
Bradley stare at Daniel in disbelief, and walks away shaking his head at what his boss just said...
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Painted at a house in Calumet City one day. The male fiance' was sick and seemed miserable.

Two days later I went back to finish the job and asked the female fiance' how so in so was feeling.

She said, "so in so doesn't stay here anymore"

I said, "oh" and didn't ask anything else.

A minute went by and she said, "Greg, so in so put a gun to my head last night. He put a pillow over my face and said that no one would hear the gun. But he didn't end up going through with it and left."

I'm like, ??????

She said that when he came back acting all nice again, she told him that he had to go. She didn't like the idea of laying dead in her house for days before being discovered. She was also concerned about the safety of their one year old son.

I finished the job and gave her an estimate to do more work, but she hasn't called back for the work to be done. I recently heard from her old neighbors that had since moved out of that neighborhood, that her and the fiance' were back together and still fighting.

I guess I'm glad that she hasn't called for more work. Last thing I need is to be caught in the crossfire in that domestic disaster.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM
has been BANNED

makes me wonder if she knew she could have legally killed him on the spot....
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
makes me wonder if she knew she could have legally killed him on the spot....
At what point? There wasn't much she could do with a pillow over her head and a pistol on the other side of it. She was probabably too shaken up to do anything after he changed his mind and left.

After he came back all lovey dovey, she just wanted him to leave. I don't think she could have gotten away with just killing him then.

Either way, she is the type of woman (and I've know/met several) that takes abuse from men and goes right back to him because he'll act all nice, make dinner or take her shopping. Until the next time. It's a vicious cycle that both party's take part in and while the man has issues for sure and is in the wrong, the woman has issues as well for taking the abuse and repeatedly going back to him.

Kind of a messed up situation, but I've seen it too many times.

Old October 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Here's another one:

I was painting at a bank in Gary, IN a few years ago and it got robbed while I was working in it.

FBI came and made us stop working and closed the bank for further investigation.

Old October 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Here's another one:

I was painting at a bank in Gary, IN a few years ago and it got robbed while I was working in it.

FBI came and made us stop working and closed the bank for further investigation.
Did you continue painting or stop?
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Here's another one:

Did you continue painting or stop?
Basically, I was working near the safety deposit box area and it was about twenty feet from the counter. I heard someone scream and looked over to see a part of a man dangling over the counter and grabbing money from the teller, while his feet were kicking in the air (it was kind of funny actually). He flipped down off the counter with a couple fists full of money and ran out the back door. The security guard (who was old) was reading a newspaper when it all went down and by the time he knew what was going on, the perpetrator had left the building.

I was on a four foot ladder at the time and painting near a window. Oddly enough, I looked out the window and saw a cop car sitting at the light only fifteen feet away from me. He looked over for some reason and I made a gun shape with my hand to indicate that the bank had been robbed only a minute before. He turned around and must have seen some car speeding away, so he chased it.

I went back to painting, because to me it was over and I've seen stuff like that before. No big deal. But after a while the FBI came and told everyone to leave.

They caught the robber and his accomplice later in the day. Evidently, they had robbed a Rally's hamberger joint and an Ace Hardware within the same hour that they robbed the bank I was in.

Old October 20th, 2006, 08:09 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Wow, I'm not sure I can compete with bank robbery, but here's a shot:

Back at my dot-com-dot-gone job in 2000, the IT guys got bored one day and put up a fileserver with entire dvd-rips on it. We had Gladiator and Conan the barbarian in their full 5 gigabyte formats that we could stream over the network to our workstation. Of course it was only a matter of time before someone brought in their own adult movie collection and uploaded that too Streaming dvd quality pr0n on the office intraweb? in 2000? yeah, we were cutting edge.

Also, when the company started to go through layoffs one of the rooms freed up, so we took masking tape to the floor and marked off an RC raceway. That was my idea good clean fun.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old October 20th, 2006, 08:15 PM
has been BANNED

^^^^
Thats what's up man!
Old October 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Wow, I'm not sure I can compete with bank robbery, but here's a shot:

Back at my dot-com-dot-gone job in 2000, the IT guys got bored one day and put up a fileserver with entire dvd-rips on it. We had Gladiator and Conan the barbarian in their full 5 gigabyte formats that we could stream over the network to our workstation. Of course it was only a matter of time before someone brought in their own adult movie collection and uploaded that too Streaming dvd quality pr0n on the office intraweb? in 2000? yeah, we were cutting edge.

Also, when the company started to go through layoffs one of the rooms freed up, so we took masking tape to the floor and marked off an RC raceway. That was my idea good clean fun.
That sounds pretty cool. Do any racing?

Old October 20th, 2006, 09:14 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
oh yeah, but with cheap cars, the kind with 1 speed motors and no turning wheels. Still good fun. We threw down some trash cans and cable covers and whatever else we could find as obstacles, and used it for some good after hours or breaktime fun. We only had 2 cars, but they were the same kind so there was good competition.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

One time I was patching some drywall in some retirement apartments in East Chicago.

It was a pain in the butt to get in some of the units because the residents were either gone or didn't want to let us in. It was kind of a miserable job and I just couldn't wait to get finished with all the units so I could be done with it.

At one unit, I knocked on the door and an older man answered the door and only had a button down shirt on. No pants nor underwear.

I told him I had to do some patching in his dining room/kitchen and he let me in. While I was working, he was sitting there on his couch with only a shirt on and drinking a pint of some sort of booze. He offered me some, but I thought the better of it and said, "No thanks."

I finished what I had to do and kept averting my eyes as I left, while he was still chatting away.

Such a weird and creepy feeling.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General