Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 27th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Home Playing Area

Okay, so I'm on my annual ten days of vacation and have all these little questions.

What playing area do you usually use in your home/gathering games?

We play with the map on a table that is 48" x 30". Along side of it is a standard card table (32" x 32") for cards and dice rolling (I use a box, my friends tend to throw them all over the table and/or room, even though I provide a nice felt lined box for each player.) (Okay...I got a little picky there, didn't I?) I also provide different colored d20s for each player and appropriate beverages (depending on age). We may not play the best games in the world, but, dang, we have weekly fun! (group of four, usually two or three making it each week)

I'm feeling, now, with 3MS and the extras (four RTTFFs) a bit cramped. Should I get a bigger table (room, house, world? divorce my wife? sell my dogs? nah...never happen...the dogs, that is...also 35 years with the wife is too good to trade for more HS, except wave 5, of course)
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
oh man, you might want to delete that last sentence before the wife sees!

Currently, i play on a 6 foot by 4 foot table in my room, with very little moving room. When the garage is finished, i will move out there for the added room.

Build a separate building (maybe 20x20) in your backyard solely for HS gatherings.
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
I play on my kitchen table....its not huge...but big enough to throw down on, of course my pipedream is to land a ping pong table, or something of equal size....to build a huge map.....but then again I don't have a whole lot of terrain either. And...if you can't build out...build up!
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:46 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Yes, Wilerson, "build up!" But there is a certain satisfaction of building out too. I've got a chance to buy some old 3x8 foot tables for $6.00 each and am trying to figure out why I shouldn't just go a do it. But, if I did, then I'll need more terrain <snort>, which might require me to get more tables. Addicted? Nope, not me.

You see, what I was wanting to be able to say to my lovely wife was, "But, geez, hon. most of the people playing HeroScape have two or three large tables in their living rooms dedicated to the game."
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Sorry Rev, but its the kitchen table for me. It is a big kitchen table (seats 8 comfortably), but I don't often get to use all of it. And until I clean up the garage and insulate it, thats a non-option for me. That would be great, though.
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:57 PM

It's okay, YaqyuNinja. Most of us mortals have to live the same earth-bound life.
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:04 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
And until I clean up the garage and insulate it, thats a non-option for me. That would be great, though.

well, i guess you have a project for this fall when it cools down a bit
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:08 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Hey there Revdyer

I play on my dinning room table & I have two of those foldable tables if I need to make a huge board & I'm very lucky because my wife wants to buy a conference table so I have enough room.

check out some of my setups
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...s.php?album=49

we actually got a bigger table since these pics
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:12 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
i use the floor in my game room no one seens to mind either, I like the unlimited carpet space. I don't think it will help you, but thats where i play.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM
has been BANNED

i can't stand playing on the floor (pun intended). i like being able to walk around the table at will, without using the energy it takes to get up off the floor.
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I use one of these in my basement office (the room is about 10 by 20).

The table is about 4 by 3.
Old July 27th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
I have a table in my basement dedicated to board games.
It is nice for 4-6 people but can be set for 8 players if I open inside pannels. This was a requirement I made when we bought the house. Alas, the room is also used to watch TV, wich is incompatible with HS.
So, in theory, I can leave the maps I make for a long period of time. Two things do go against that though. That very same table is also often used to fold washed clothes and my little girl (15 months old) is now tall enough to pull on HeroScape pieces or figurines put too close to the table's border. DANGER! DANGER!

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion