Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old September 17th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Unit Classification: Comprehensive List

All units classifications are based on that squad/hero as a stand alone unit. When coupled with other units their value could drastically increase. By no means is this list comprehensive or wholly accurate. It is merely my current opinions on the subject and I am counting on feedback from the top strategists to fill in the blanks and correct misclassed units. There are many units I do not use on a regular basis and therefore have no basis for their class. Likewise I am sure I have given several units an incorrect class. All Scapers are biased towards their personal favorites and I am no exception. I anxiously await feedback from my fellow Scapers and I will strive to make the Unit classifications as accurate as possible. Thank You!!

(Note to the critic: Just because I have given a unit “Pawn” class does not denote their value. In chess the formation of three adjacent pawns is one of the most formidable formations in the game. The assignment of a low class is not an offense to the unit. I know that I have probably underclassed a lot of favored units in my list, as well as overclassing some of my favorites. Please accompany any amendments with a brief explanation.)

All Units have been classed based on this Criteria:
Pawn class (expendable, units that can be useful, but are not worth enormous trouble to protect)
Bishop class (more useful than a pawn, but still somewhat expendable)
Knight class (units that are interestingly powerful and can have a significant impact on the game in of themselves. It is advisable that they be kept alive, but if absolutely necessary they may be sacrificed)
Rook class (units that almost inevitably have a significant impact on the game, and whose death should be avoided as much as possible)
Queen class (devastatingly powerful or important units that should be protected at all costs)

All units in red are official rankings classed by Agatagary's Strategy Guild. All other units have been classed by Ormus.

4th Massachusetts Line : Pawn
Acolarh : Knight
Agent Carr : Rook
Airborne Elite : Pawn
Alastair MacDirk : Knight
Anubian Wolves : Pawn
Armoc Vipers : Pawn
Arrow Gruts: Pawn
Ashigaru Spear : Pawn
Ashigaru Rifle : Pawn
Aubrien Archers : Bishop
Blastatrons : ?
Braxas : Queen
Brunak : Knight
Charos : Rook
Crixus : Knight
Concan : Knight
Cyprien Esenwien : Queen
Deadeye Dan : Rook
Deathreavers : ?
Deathstalkers : ?
Deathwalker 7000 : Knight
Deathwalker 8000 : Knight
Deathwalker 9000 : Knight
Dumutef Guard : Bishop
Dund : Bishop
Dzu-Teh : Bishop
Einar Imperium : Knight
Eldgrim : Bishop
Elite Onyx Vipers : ?
Empress Kiova : Knight
Finn Viking Champion : Pawn/Bishop
Gladiatrons : ?
Gorillanators : Bishop
Grimnak : Knight
Guilty McCreech : Bishop
Hatamoto Taro : Knight
Heavy Gruts : Pawn
Isamu : Knight
Iskra Esenwien : Knight
Izumi Samurai : Bishop
James Murphy : ?
Jotun : Queen
Kaemon Awa : Rook
Kee Mo Shi : Knight
Kelda : Knight
Khosumet : Bishop
Knights of Weston : Bishop
Kozuke Samurai : Knight
Krav Maga Agents : Knight
Krug : Rook
Kyntela Gwyn : Bishop
Laglor : ?
MacDirk Warriors : Bishop
Major Q9 : Queen
Major Q10 : ?
Major X17 : ?
Marcu Esenwien : Bishop
Marcus Decimus Gallus : Knight
Marrden Hounds : Pawn
Marro Drones : Pawn
Marro Hive : Queen
Marro Stingers : Pawn
Marro Drudge : Pawn
Marro Warriors : Pawn
Me Burq Sa : Knight
Microcorp Agents : ?
Mimring : Rook
Minions of Utgar : Bishop
Morsbane : Knight
Nakita Agents : Knight
Nerak : Knight
Ne Gok Sa : Knight
Nilfheim : Queen
Ninjas of the Northern Wind : Rook
Obsidian Guards : Bishop
Omnicron Snipers : ?
Ornak : Knight
Parmenio : Bishop
Raelin : Rook
Rechets : Bishop
Retarius : Bishop
Roman Archers : Pawn
Roman Legionnaires : Pawn
Runa : Knight
Sacred Band : Pawn
Saylind : Knight
Sentinels : Knight
Sergeant Drake Alexander : Rook
Shades of Bleakwoode :Pawn
Shaolin Monks : Bishop
Shiori : Bishop
Sir Denrick : Knight
Sir Gilbert : Knight
Sir Hawthorne : ?
Sonya Esenwien : Bishop
Spartacus : Queen
Su Bak Na : Rook
Sudema : Knight
[color=red]Swog Rider : Bishop
Sonlen : Rook
Syvarris : Rook
Taelord : Rook
Tagawa Archers : Bishop
Tagawa Samurai : Knight
Tarn Viking Warriors : Bishop
Templar Cav : Knight
Theracus : Knight
Tornak : Knight
Valguard : Knight
Venoc Vipers : Pawn
Venoc Warlord : Bishop
Warriors of Ashra : Pawn
Warden 817 : Knight
Zettian Guards : Bishop
Zombies : Bishop

I am sure there are some units that I have omitted. This list was done from memory. Corrections and amendments are welcome. Thank you!
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Silver1327 has disabled reputation
I like the list but I saw you called listed Warden 817 other than that I saw it seems alright.
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Just glancing at the list and I don't see Nerak nor Woo.
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Not sure if this is in conjunction with the Unit Strategy Reviews, but according to Fezzik Spartacus is listed as a Queen Class unit and not a Bishop Class unit.

Helpful list by the way.
Old September 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
If you want to correlate this with our Strategy Guides, feel free to do so; if not, we would appreciate a quick blurb to the effect that these classifications do not necessarily correlate with the Strategy Guides by Agatagary, et. al.

Thanks!

Old September 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
interesting... even though DW 7k is a bishop class unit, his strategy thread makes him sound more like a knight because they say to use Self Destruct as a last resort.
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
how do you have a class rank for DW 8000 when his strategy guide isn't up yet?
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
They used their brains.
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd say Mirming should be in the rook class, he is very powerful if used right or used in high point wars; incinerating lines of 7 deep rocks!
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:10 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
He is using similar thinking to what we use, but drawing slightly different conclusions in some cases. These classifications are not etched in stone - for example, I seriously considered making Acolarh a Rook class unit, but the group decided that he would be Rook only under specific circumstances, so we averaged him down to Knight.

Old September 17th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
He is using similar thinking to what we use, but drawing slightly different conclusions in some cases. These classifications are not etched in stone - for example, I seriously considered making Acolarh a Rook class unit, but the group decided that he would be Rook only under specific circumstances, so we averaged him down to Knight.
Correct. Ormus is not currently affiliated with the Unit Strategy Reviewer's Circle. Ormus set up this list comparing HS Units to Chess Pieces simply because Chess is the preeminent strategy game, nothing more. This is the same reason the Unit Strategy Reviewer's Circle uses Chess pieces to describe HS Units values.

When the Unit Strategy Reviewer's Circle determines a Units value it is discussed at length, much like what Ormus has requested here if you disagree with his own rankings. However, if you do indeed disagree please give your reasoning, or at least be ready to be ridiculed to no end!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
However, if you do indeed disagree please give your reasoning, or at least be ready to be ridiculed to no end!
In other words, don't do this:

Ormus, how could you not have called Jotun and Braxas Pawns? What were you thinking?!?!

My Reasoning:
This space intentionally left blank.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles