Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 4th, 2009, 07:02 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Kumiko

The Book of Kumiko Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - "Heroes of the Moon Tribe"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: NA

Synergy Benefits Received
NA
Synergy Benefits Offered
OTONASHI
As a unit with a Tricky personality, Kumiko may aid Otonashi with her TRICKY MOVEMENT 4 Movement enhancement
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • TBA

Jandar's ninja Kumiko Discussion

Kumiko - What's your army idea?

Power Rankings

Jexik: Kumiko- Fortunately, she's probably the best of the unique female Ninja heroes. Unfortunately, there isn't much competition for that spot. C+

OEAO: C+

Cleon: Tier 3 (180/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Kumiko- a beneficiary of Kantono synergy. B-

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

Last edited by superfrog; March 20th, 2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: vc added
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:45 AM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Kumiko

I used Kumiko today, and she did great. It was a 250 pt. armies and five of us. I was unlucky and was put in the middle of the board. When everyone got close with the squads she cut right though them. When I fought some heroes though she fell quickly.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

She would see to work well againsts rat screens is she does not get picked off before hand. Special attack prevents scatter and can continue to move after a kill.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I could make a strong argument that, at least against certain matchups, Kumiko is part of the best 540 point 'tron army:

80 Kumiko
20 Marcu Esenwein
80 Raelin RotV
240 Gladiatrons x3
120 Blastarons x2
540, 23 hexes

The Gladiatronx4 build hits 520 points, and is really only 500 points, given that you will generally drop a Gladiatron. The further above 520 you go, the harder it is to justify going with a 500 point build. At 550, though, I can include Laglor in stead of Kumiko+Marcu. Laglor gives your Blastarons super range and can use his special for rat clearing. This seems like a really strong option to me, so I wouldn't choose Kumiko alongside 'trons at 550+. So 540 seems like her best chance to shine.

Both Kumiko (Glads hold figures in place for the barrage attack, allowing efficient use of Kumiko) and Marcu (stuck attacking a Raelin-backed Gladiatron if he rolls 17+) have nice synergy with the 'trons.

The clear alternative, and I admit it is a very strong one, is:

100 Krav Maga Agents
80 Raelin RotV
240 Gladiatrons x3
120 Blastarons x2
540, 24 hexes

I'm guessing that build saw some play somewhere at a NHSD event last fall, and probably did pretty well.

In a head-to-head matchup, the KMA build probably wins. In a matchup against a horde of 4th Mass or other ranged figures without blockers, I'd rather have the KMA build. But against range+Deathreavers, I'd probably rather have the Kumiko build. That's far from a trivial advantage!
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Creating an army for Islandscape '09. Romans and 10th Reg. Need Special Power.

150 2 x 10th
100 2 x Romans
100 Marcus
80 Kumiko
50 Me-Burq-Sa
20 Marcu

David
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Creating an army for Islandscape '09. Romans and 10th Reg. Need Special Power.

150 2 x 10th
100 2 x Romans
100 Marcus
80 Kumiko
50 Me-Burq-Sa
20 Marcu

David
I like it; another good example of where Kumiko's cheap access to multiple special attacks can come in handy. With 20 hexes committed before Kumiko, repulsors are not a viable rat-clearing option, and every other option costs too much.

I might suggest using the Airborne Elite and Kaemon Awa in stead of the 10th and Kumiko, or I might suggest using Raelin in stead of Kumiko and not worrying about your lack of a special attack. But it can depend on the matchup, and this is another spot where Kumiko can slot in nicely.
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Lonewolf used her very successfully against me yesterday at the AZ Game Day. I wouldn't discount her hit-and-run ability, even against heroes.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:16 PM

slhutchins21 is surprisingly tart

“Phantom Walk: Kumiko can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.” With Phantom walk figures are quite literally standing on the same spot at the same time, and it is said that at any point before, during, or after her movement she can attack. Does this mean that she can attack an enemy figure while standing on/with another figure as long as her movement doesn’t end there?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:53 AM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Re-read the card. It says she can attack "...as long as Kumiko is on a space where she could end her movement."
Old September 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

I did a battle all the ninjas (heroes and squads) v.s. Hatamoto Taro, and the Tagawa, Kozuke, and Izumi samurai. (which, if my math was correct, was 410 points on 410 points) I used kumiko all most the entire game because 1. she can use a special attack (avoids counterstrike) and 2. she can hit up to three figures a turn. It was looking horrible for the ninjas as it was down to all the samurai army still alive v.s the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Isamu, and a 1 life Kumiko, and then (as most heroscape battles seem to even out) kumiko in one turn wiped out a Tagawa and 2 Kozuke, and went on to take out 2 more Izumi, another Tagawa, and the last Kozuke samurai. (all of this while she was at 1 life) Then she fell to the Izumi. The NotNW mopped up HT and the remaining Tagawa, and Kozuke samurai. She was well worth her 80 points.

Do the Dew

Last edited by scorpionslayer; September 30th, 2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionslayer View Post
I did a battle all the ninjas (heroes and squads) v.s. Hatamoto Taro, and the Tagawa, Kozuke, and Izumi samurai. (which, if my math was correct, was 410 points on 410 points) I used kumiko all most the entire game because 1. she can use a special attack (avoids counterstrike) and 2. she can hit up to three figures a turn. It was looking horrible for the ninjas as it was down to all the samurai army still alive v.s the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Isamu, and a 1 life Kumiko, and then (as most heroscape battles seem to even out) kumiko in one turn wiped out a Tagawa and 2 Kozuke, and went on to take out 2 Izumi, a Tagawa, and the Kozuke samurai. (all of this while she was at 1 life) Then she fell to the Izumi. The NotNW mopped up HT and the remaining Tagawa, and Kozuke samurai. She was well worth her 80 points.
This is a good post, because it finally gives some practical evidence of Kumiko's potential. I don't have the wave 9 figs, but has anyone seen Kumiko as a good counter to Rats (God, I hate rats!). Her phantom walk and 3 special attacks is actually unique and seems designed to counter an onslaught of rats. However, her 3 attack v. 4 def might make this a moot consideration. Anyone try this out in a real competition?
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Yeah, when I looked at Kumiko I found myself saying "Why would I choose her instead of Raelin the first?".
I dunno, maybe because you're tired of constantly playing the same old pieces?
Same old pieces? Hmmm... Migol, Axegrinders, Brave Arrow, MRT, Capuans, Repulsors, TBR, Dividers...

Where did kumiko go!?!?!

Huh, the only work she could get was at the ninja bachelor party I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
Why are they all girls?(excluding Isamu of course)
-Facepalms-

That's just wrong on so many levels...

Anyway... I think her power looks decent, but she's a niche unit, no doubt about that. But then again I make some good game scenarios with niche units, which is why I'm glad she's on her way

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units