Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 28th, 2007, 06:22 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Took Ormus' list, and sorted them by class. Thought it might make it easier for some to read. I'll start adding the red text to denote the rankings done by the Strategy Article team in a bit.

Braxas : Queen
Cyprien Esenwien : Queen
Jotun : Queen
Major Q9 : Queen
Marro Hive : Queen
Nilfheim : Queen
Spartacus : Queen

Agent Carr : Rook
Charos : Rook
Deadeye Dan : Rook
Kaemon Awa : Rook
Krug : Rook
Mimring : Rook
Ninjas of the Northern Wind : Rook
Raelin : Rook
Sergeant Drake Alexander : Rook
Su Bak Na : Rook
Sonlen : Rook
Syvarris : Rook
Taelord : Rook

Acolarh : Knight
Alastair MacDirk : Knight
Brunak : Knight
Crixus : Knight
Concan : Knight
Deathwalker 7000 : Knight
Deathwalker 8000 : Knight
Deathwalker 9000 : Knight
Einar Imperium : Knight
Empress Kiova : Knight
Grimnak : Knight
Hatamoto Taro : Knight
Isamu : Knight
Iskra Esenwien : Knight
Kee Mo Shi : Knight
Kelda : Knight
Kozuke Samurai : Knight
Krav Maga Agents : Knight
Marcus Decimus Gallus : Knight
Me Burq Sa : Knight
Morsbane : Knight
Nakita Agents : Knight
Nerak : Knight
Ne Gok Sa : Knight
Ornak : Knight
Runa : Knight
Saylind : Knight
Sentinels : Knight
Sir Denrick : Knight
Sir Gilbert : Knight
Sudema : Knight
Tagawa Samurai : Knight
Templar Cav : Knight
Theracus : Knight
Tornak : Knight
Valguard : Knight
Warden 817 : Knight

Aubrien Archers : Bishop
Dumutef Guard : Bishop
Dund : Bishop
Dzu-Teh : Bishop
Eldgrim : Bishop
Gorillanators : Bishop
Guilty McCreech : Bishop
Izumi Samurai : Bishop
Khosumet : Bishop
Knights of Weston : Bishop
Kyntela Gwyn : Bishop
MacDirk Warriors : Bishop
Marcu Esenwien : Bishop
Minions of Utgar : Bishop
Obsidian Guards : Bishop
Parmenio : Bishop
Rechets : Bishop
Retarius : Bishop
Shaolin Monks : Bishop
Shiori : Bishop
Sonya Esenwien : Bishop
Swog Rider : Bishop
Tagawa Archers : Bishop
Tarn Viking Warriors : Bishop
Venoc Warlord : Bishop
Zettian Guards : Bishop
Zombies : Bishop

4th Massachusetts Line : Pawn
Airborne Elite : Pawn
Anubian Wolves : Pawn
Armoc Vipers : Pawn
Arrow Gruts: Pawn
Ashigaru Spear : Pawn
Ashigaru Rifle : Pawn
Finn Viking Champion : Pawn/Bishop
Heavy Gruts : Pawn
Marrden Hounds : Pawn
Marro Drones : Pawn
Marro Stingers : Pawn
Marro Drudge : Pawn
Marro Warriors : Pawn
Roman Archers : Pawn
Roman Legionnaires : Pawn
Sacred Band : Pawn
Shades of Bleakwoode :Pawn
Venoc Vipers : Pawn
Warriors of Ashra : Pawn

Blastatrons : ?
Deathreavers : ?
Deathstalkers : ?
Elite Onyx Vipers : ?
Gladiatrons : ?
James Murphy : ?
Laglor : ?
Major Q10 : ?
Major X17 : ?
Microcorp Agents : ?
Omnicron Snipers : ?
Sir Hawthorne : ?
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbducteeLeader
Elite rolling up to 4 attacks of 7-8 dice, which is massive, and unrivaled by any other card.
The Blastatrons can get higher, and with the almost same ease as the AE:

AE:
Base=3
Extreme height=5
Taelord=6
Finn's Spirit=7
Marcus=8

Blasts:
Base=1
Taelord=2
Height=3
Tons of Glads= anywhere from +1 to +6 with a single base, to +8 with a double.

Blasts can get (1+1+2+8 ) 4 attacks of 12

AE are not queens, and can die easily. It is much easier to get six Glads adjacent to an opponent then it is to get the AE adjacent to Marcus, and within Taelord range and still get double height, and costs a whole lot more points to.

Gladsx2 160
Blasts 60
Total= 220

AE 110
Marcus 100
Taelord 180
Total= 390

Are they good? Sure. Are they game breaking? No.
Yes the Blastatrons can potentially get more dice than the AE, but they are much less versatile, they perform poorly vs Sawrm armys, since they cannot realisticly get more then two Gladiatrons next to one figure without having them rolling a pathetic ammount against a different figure. Sure they can roll huge ammounts IF you can get all those Gladiatrons adjacent, which is very unlikely, sure you can get 4 next to someone like jotun and already be rolling 4 attacks of 6 with height, but Jotun will just as easily dismiss those Gladiatrons and bring your Blastatrons down to an effective 2-3 dice during his turn, if you have to split your Gladiatrons up against a squad, then the combo is further reduced in effectiveness.

The Ae only have poor defense once they are out on the board, which means you never have to worry about them being flanked before your ready to use them, unlike the Gladiatron Blastatron combo which always suffers from that potential risk.

It's not all about the numbers with the AE, you have to consider the versatility their offensive prowess contains, once Properly set up, they are a deadly force with a consitently high attack no matter what unit your facing, you simply cannot say this abbout the Blastatrons, sure the total base army cost more, but it's also much more versatile. It is also not really that hard to set up figures like Marcus and Finn to be in a position to help the AE, Both have squads that they can bond with, which allows you to move these respective heros to the postitions required for their respective roles(Move Marcus to a nice point of highground that the AE can get to shortly after dropping, while the Legionares keep your opponents army busy, use knights and Finn to charge straight into the heart of an opponents base to take out key units that are of the greatest threat to the AE(Kravs and Sgt. Drake).

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
Took Ormus' list, and sorted them by class. Thought it might make it easier for some to read. I'll start adding the red text to denote the rankings done by the Strategy Article team in a bit.
Here are all the class rankings for the units we have done so far:

Spartacus : Queen

Su Bak Na : Rook
Taelord : Rook

Acolarh : Knight
Brunak : Knight
Concan : Knight
Crixus : Knight
Deathwalker 7000 : Knight
Deathwalker 9000 : Knight
Dund : Knight
Einar Imperium : Knight
Empress Kiova : Knight
Grimnak : Knight
Hatamoto Taro : Knight
Morsbane : Knight
Nakita Agents : Knight
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider : Knight
Ornak : Knight
Runa : Knight
Sir Hawthorne : Knight
Sudema : Knight
Valguard : Knight

Deathstalkers : Bishop
Dumutef Guard : Bishop
Dzu-Teh : Bishop
Izumi Samurai : Bishop
Kelda : Bishop
Obsidian Guards : Bishop
Omnicron Snipers: Bishop
Retarius : Bishop
Sentinels of Jandar : Knight
Shaolin Monks : Bishop
Sir Denrick : Bishop
Swog Rider : Bishop
Tagawa Samurai Archers : Bishop
Thorgrim the Viking Champion: Bishop
Zettian Guards : Bishop

Finn Viking Champion : Pawn/Bishop

Eldgrim : Bishop
Marro Drudge : Pawn
Sacred Band : Pawn
Venoc Vipers : Pawn

Marvelscape

Red Skull : Queen

Old April 9th, 2009, 08:22 PM
has been BANNED

themaster Woo who?
Re: Unit Classification: Comprehensive List

I think the marro hive would work better if it was a king class unit. Since an army (marro army) will not do very well without it.
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would consider Kato a King too.
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Another thing about the Airborne Elite. I'm not sure if they should be Rook or Queen, but I think they should at least be Knights, as I'd put them about on par with the Krav Maga in terms of how they're used and the impact they can have if used properly.
Mainly, though, my reason for thinking this is that they're both unique squads of around the same price point. And the thing about unique squads is they're just not as valuable once you lose one or two. Common squads like the Blastatrons usually have backup when they lose a couple guys, so you can throw them out on the front lines with a little less caution. With the Krav and the AE, you want to do your best to protect each figure and only sacrifice them when you're going to do a high amount of damage in return. Much like more valuable chess pieces.
I think it's a real disservice to the AE to label them as pawns.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well according to this these should all be in red, Ormus.

Airborne Elite-Rook
Anubian Wolves-Bishop
Charos-Rook
Cyprien Esenwein-Rook
Deathstalkers-Bishop
Dund-Knight
Eldgrim-Pawn
Elite Onyx Vipers-Bishop
Guilty McCreech-Pawn
Hatamoto Taro-Knight
Iskra Esenwein-Knight/Bishop (with or without Retchets)
Kee-Mo-Shi-Knight
Kelda-Bishop
Kozuke Samurai-Bishop
Major X-17-Knight
Marrden Hounds-Bishop
Marro Drudge-Pawn
Marro Warriors-Knight
Mimring-Knight
Nakita Agents-Knight
Ne-Gok-Sa-Bishop
Nilfheim-Queen
Omnicron Snipers-Bishop
Retchets of Bogdan-Bishop
Retiarius-Bishop
Roman Archers-Bishop
Sentinels of Jandar-Bishop
Shades of Bleakwoode-Bishop
Shaolin Monks-Bishop
Sir Denrick-Bishop
Sir Hawthorne-Knight
Thorgrim-Bishop
Tor-Kul-Na-Rook

Of course since what I'm saying seems to disagree with Taeblewalker, I may just not know something. If someone can direct me if I'm on the right track, that would be great.
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I have two quibbles:

Cyprien Esenwien as a Queen. Come on he is only 150 points 4 life and a touch that is semi reliable. If you hold him back like a queen your army will be desimated by the very heroes he is designed to kill.

Consider "I better hold back my awsomely powerful hero-killer, while the likes of Drake murders all my ranged units, cause I'm afraid he mights die." He is already dead, accepted it and use him like blood hungery vilain he surely is.

Shades of Bleakwoode :Pawn
Anyone spending 100 points on 3 figures that plans on just throwing them away is doomed to loose. Consider your targets, use your high defence and stealth flight to get height and glyps, and 3 trys to gain control of your enemies most powerful hero. This does not sound like the defintion of a mere pawn.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cyprien seems like more of a rook to me. Good points raised, wriggz.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles