Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
Maybe not officially, but I do think that some fans may use this for portability, as DB said.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old July 7th, 2007, 07:16 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i was just about to post a topic about this!

2 problems: losing things and not being able to be cornerd as easily
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:16 AM

Bach has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictatorbilbo
That is true...

But I was more thinking of this as an ultra portable heroscape- you just bring the figures, the cards, and the dice and you can play anywhere- the dinner table, the pavement outside, on top of a piano, etc.
...Yea, and you could use simple stuff like books and house decorations as terrain!
This idea allows you to play on vacations at boring places !

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
What's the point? Have the fun of Heroscape is building the hex maps!
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:35 PM

4525paintball has disabled reputation
my friends and i sometimes play on the carpet, and put up pieces of wood etc. for height. It is actually quite fun to play.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:20 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino
What's the point? Have the fun of Heroscape is building the hex maps!
Agreed. Unless you take it outside to a grassy area or something that looks kind of cool theres no point in just playing on the coffee table, it just takes away from the experience.
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:28 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
and what exactly are the rules for engagement?
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:36 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I set up an orc city using cardboard boxes and stuff on my floor a while ago. I had a small battle. However, I only had one pack of grut orcs at the time, so I turned them all into simple heroes.
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:09 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
I have made rules for the Martian Tripods from War of the Worlds and Brittish Redcoats, LOTR and many others and used them on my terrain tables.

The hexes are great and I'll use them for all Heroscape/Marvelscape stuff... but let's be honest. They aren't the prettiest things to play on are they...

Functional yes, attractive no.

I just convert the move score to inches (or cm on a smaller table) and any movement is half over difficult terrain. Works perfectly fine. The actual core rules of Heroscape are rather elegant and convert well to terrain boards.

I can see most people around here would laugh at the use of terrain boards (as it is the ease of use of the hexes that attract most people) but I for one enjoy it just as much without the ugly hexes.

Each to the their own.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:11 PM

D-OOSH is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
there is a pluse 2 height advantage?

Old August 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-OOSH
there is a pluse 2 height advantage?
Go back and re-read the rule book.

Ah heck, I'll be nice:
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:25 AM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker
hey that sounds familiar, it's called Necromunda or mordhiem. THose sill brits at Gamesworkshop have a non hex skirmish game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions