Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old September 15th, 2022, 03:25 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

One point that I think is important is that more than just the plastic goes into making the figures, the people who spend time designing the appearance, designing the abilities, playtesting them, and working on the manufacturing also need to paid for their contribution so the price will understandably reflect that; it's not the same as producing plastic straws, no one needs to be payed for playtesting them. Plus straws are made in batches of 50 trizillion which will lower the price per piece
Old September 15th, 2022, 03:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Straws are the worst.
Old September 15th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Straws are the worst.

Straws are humanity's most ancient enemy
Old September 15th, 2022, 03:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

It's quite easy to me. If the minis are going to come unpainted, you don't want to do it, you don't want to have someone else do it for cash, then simply don't buy it. It's a free market. Do what you want, buy it or don't. I personally think the models look OK and it's all good what they are doing. I love painting, and do it quite often. Bottom line for me is, there aren't any mechanics to the game added, that I'm aware of, that make me want to buy the game. As it stands, I'm not hooked whatsoever on the stuff revealed. It's all pretty enough, but it doesn't stand above dozens of other model lines or 3d printed files sets I have access to. Since the game has came out, there have been many games out that they could borrow updated rules or systems to make the game even more interesting. But it doesn't appear that way. I'm still keeping an eye out to see if I can find something that appeals to me but so far it's no dice. To those of you that don't paint and don't want to, know that the majority of games out aren't painted. If they don't mind that you want them painted, and you're not happy with it, simply don't buy it. My point is, I love to paint, I don't mind them unpainted, but it isn't appealing to me, so I'll simply not buy it. If they change my mind, cool, if not, cool. Lots of fun toys out there. It's It's good time to be a gamer.
Old September 15th, 2022, 03:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Straws are the worst.
I'd have agreed with you, but strangely enough, I've been a sucker (pun intended) for the really big straws generally used for slushies. lately.
Old September 15th, 2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
It's quite easy to me. If the minis are going to come unpainted, you don't want to do it, you don't want to have someone else do it for cash, then simply don't buy it. It's a free market. Do what you want, buy it or don't. I personally think the models look OK and it's all good what they are doing. I love painting, and do it quite often. Bottom line for me is, there aren't any mechanics to the game added, that I'm aware of, that make me want to buy the game. As it stands, I'm not hooked whatsoever on the stuff revealed. It's all pretty enough, but it doesn't stand above dozens of other model lines or 3d printed files sets I have access to. Since the game has came out, there have been many games out that they could borrow updated rules or systems to make the game even more interesting. But it doesn't appear that way. I'm still keeping an eye out to see if I can find something that appeals to me but so far it's no dice. To those of you that don't paint and don't want to, know that the majority of games out aren't painted. If they don't mind that you want them painted, and you're not happy with it, simply don't buy it. My point is, I love to paint, I don't mind them unpainted, but it isn't appealing to me, so I'll simply not buy it. If they change my mind, cool, if not, cool. Lots of fun toys out there. It's It's good time to be a gamer.
What type of rule update do you think Heroscape could benefit from? I believe Heroscape could use a formal classification of turn phases to make the wording in special abilities easier, similar to the turn phases in Yugioh, like draw phase, main phase, battle phase etc.
Old September 15th, 2022, 03:58 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
One point that I think is important is that more than just the plastic goes into making the figures, the people who spend time designing the appearance, designing the abilities, playtesting them, and working on the manufacturing also need to paid for their contribution so the price will understandably reflect that; it's not the same as producing plastic straws, no one needs to be payed for playtesting them. Plus straws are made in batches of 50 trizillion which will lower the price per piece
Oh of course. I hope people understand the reasoning behind the pricing difference in say a 60 card MTG structure deck and a 60 card deck of poker cards with some jokers and info cards. Be happy that rare units that cost $150+ each don't exist in heroscape (not considering the aftermarket of used, discontinued product), unlike ultra rare MTG cards pretty much as soon as a set is dropped.

Upset City Baby.
Old September 15th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
What type of rule update do you think Heroscape could benefit from? I believe Heroscape could use a formal classification of turn phases to make the wording in special abilities easier, similar to the turn phases in Yugioh, like draw phase, main phase, battle phase etc.
There's been discussion on the 2.0 thread with many people having used their house rule partial cover rules for LOS and wanting official rules for it.

Upset City Baby.
Old September 15th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Defined turn phases? Partial cover? Are y'all discussing Avalon Hill or did you somehow sneak a peek at my rulebook draft for C3G 2.0?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 15th, 2022, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
There's been discussion on the 2.0 thread with many people having used their house rule partial cover rules for LOS and wanting official rules for it.

Perhaps a distinction could be made on the hitzone portion of the figures army card. If a ranged unit can only see a yellow portion of the defending figure, then the attacker rolls 1 fewer attack dice

Old September 15th, 2022, 05:47 PM

You could also add the reverse to designate vulnerable zones, if the attacker can see the blue portion then they add an attack dice
Old September 15th, 2022, 06:57 PM
"like" happy

@Master Roshi , I'd be more interested in having some mechanics that get all your units into the fight. You wouldn't have to do away with order markers to achieve it. @IAmBatman , I haven't looked at any new c3g manuals or anything, but it wouldn't be a horrible thing to give better bonuses on cover. It would be super easy to add partial cover rules to heroscape. You could easily add defense dice to the defending figure with visible fingertips, or simple take away one of the hits from the attack roll. Either way, I address these things in my heroscape Unleashed pdf, and it wouldn't break my heart if these things aren't official. I'm in the works of getting it finished but it's one of a few different t things I've got going.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion