Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 4th, 2022, 01:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

If you are spending 165 points on clean up you are not building a very competitive army. By that logic any strong stand alone figure (majors, nief, Cyprian, squads of stingers is a strong clean up). I normally think 120 is the upper limit on clean up at 500, and even then, that is just part of your army, that you likely won't lead with.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 4th, 2022, 01:38 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I'm obviously not a judge or anything, but I like to comment once in a while. Though my comment is more like a question...

Is there any concern with the X Order Marker usage? I thought I remember this being brought up with previous designs that classic Heroscape seemed to keep that game mechanism in Vydar's ranks. It's already been extended by figures like Ranjit Sing (Einar), so perhaps it isn't an issue in anyone's mind, but it jumped out at me as unusual (as did Ranjit's use of it.) I may also be forgetting others.
I can only speak for myself, but I have never viewed revealing the X as a Vydar only mechanic.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old May 4th, 2022, 01:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Is there any concern with the X Order Marker usage? I thought I remember this being brought up with previous designs that classic Heroscape seemed to keep that game mechanism in Vydar's ranks. It's already been extended by figures like Ranjit Sing (Einar), so perhaps it isn't an issue in anyone's mind, but it jumped out at me as unusual (as did Ranjit's use of it.) I may also be forgetting others.
I don't remember any such concerns. Heck, I don't think most of us realized that only Vydar had such powers.
Old May 4th, 2022, 02:08 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was probably only a narrative concocted in my own head then. I would assume like most here, I build up these notions and ideas of what these characters and armies mean to me. While I don't know the backstories of the official canon quite like most of you, the general themes do resonate. The X Order Marker manipulation stood out to me as a very Vydar thing - trickiness and manipulation. I guess in my own mind that was part of Vydar's bag of tricks. I may have imagined discussions about it in the past.
Old May 4th, 2022, 03:01 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Cool observation, it's also cool the 'x' is on a high tech weapon in this instance.

Old May 4th, 2022, 03:09 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
X Marks The Spot

I've probably seen enough C3G cards that use the mechanic that I don't think of it belonging anywhere in particular.

Scarcarver and Siege are the only two classic figures that use it, but I'm not gonna call a sample size of 2 from right before the game died definitive in any manner.

~Dysole, who thinks the fact that we've had at least one person concerned it's too weak and another concerned it's too strong bodes well for the balance
Old May 4th, 2022, 03:32 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
It was probably only a narrative concocted in my own head then. I would assume like most here, I build up these notions and ideas of what these characters and armies mean to me. While I don't know the backstories of the official canon quite like most of you, the general themes do resonate. The X Order Marker manipulation stood out to me as a very Vydar thing - trickiness and manipulation. I guess in my own mind that was part of Vydar's bag of tricks. I may have imagined discussions about it in the past.
Worth noting that Heracles already broke this precedent, if indeed it was ever a conscious precedent.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 4th, 2022, 03:36 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Worth noting that Heracles already broke this precedent, if indeed it was ever a conscious precedent.
Van Nessing did it first.
Old May 4th, 2022, 03:40 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I figured I forgot some others. While I have figures and cards for both Heracles and Van Nessing, I must admit I haven't played with them yet. I think that confirms it then, this was just a concoction in my own mind and a small sample sized precedence broken long ago. Nothing to see here. Move along...
Old May 4th, 2022, 07:57 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I just wanted to point out that as far as Nordlung's survivability goes, 4 Def/4 Life is pretty comparable to other dragons in his weight class, with Mimring and Othkurik at 3 Def/5 Life and Moltenclaw at 3 Def/6 Life. This level of durability would indeed be bad for these dragons if they were melee units, but as Scytale pointed out, if a player is using flying ranged units that way he's doing it wrong.

As for the Ferocious personality, it was chosen to follow the Nilfheim and White Wyrmling precedent. While I think it's a legitimate precedent, I'm not particularly tied to it either.
Old May 4th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
As for the Ferocious personality, it was chosen to follow the Nilfheim and White Wyrmling precedent. While I think it's a legitimate precedent, I'm not particularly tied to it either.
This dragon is different enough that the design would benift from revisiting the personality to reflect how the unit plays. In this case precedent is not doing you any favours. That said Q10 is merciful and Ive never felt mercy when facing a berage of missiles from the soulborgs hero.

Old May 5th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Personality matters, and not only for synergies. While Heroscape sometimes threw in oddballs (like Q10's Merciful), personalities are not only thematically valuable but also informative about playstyles. The personality should say something about that unit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs