Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 25th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Heh, yeah, that's pretty far up there! I still think $80 for a game is expensive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree Bats, though I have paid a lot for a few games/systems

But on the other end of the spectrum, I have gotten some really good deals elsewhere.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 25th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I played Catacombs today. Very fun flicking game with heroes vs. the dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 25th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Is that the new one Q or the older one? A buddy of mine had the older one and just got something new for it, either a new expansion or new version with new art. He brought it to game day yesterday but I don't think it got played.

I've played it a couple times and it was fun. Though my buddy is always controls the bad guys and he's really good at dexterity games like this, so it made it tough for us heroes.

Old October 25th, 2015, 08:23 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Played Kragmortha and the Wrong Game with inlaws last week.

Kragmortha is fun for kids and masochists. You get cursed in real life (Stand on one leg-type crap), woo!

Wrong game is trivia that's actually fun. You get asked 5 questions extremely fast, and you have to get them all wrong. Sounds easy, but not at all. People freeze up all the time, or accidentally blurt the right answer. I hate trivia games basically because they're all luck whether you know something or not, but this game puts everyone on the same playing field with the same chance to get everything right.
Old October 27th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Last night I played a long game of Fury of Dracula 3rd edition - First time playing for 4 of us, with just my buddy Brian having played before (2nd edition as the 3rd edition he has technically isn't out yet). One player (Brian) plays as Dracula and basically is trying to move around Europe without us hunters catching him. We don't know where he is, as he plays location cards face down in a row in front of him and after the 6th one slides over, he gets it back. As there is only one of any location card, once we land on a place he is at or was (with the card still on the track), he has to reveal it. If he has any encounter cards there also, we can search to try to deal with them, because if they "mature", they can be extra nasty later. So anytime we actually force him to reveal a location, it gives a hint of where he is, but he can put up road blocks, use fog, and other special cards to mess with us. We also get some neat cards as well, but it took forever to finally catch him, because Brian plays Dracula really well. Finally won, but it took 4 hours.

Old October 27th, 2015, 09:37 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Last night I played a long game of Fury of Dracula 3rd edition - First time playing for 4 of us, with just my buddy Brian having played before (2nd edition as the 3rd edition he has technically isn't out yet). One player (Brian) plays as Dracula and basically is trying to move around Europe without us hunters catching him. We don't know where he is, as he plays location cards face down in a row in front of him and after the 6th one slides over, he gets it back. As there is only one of any location card, once we land on a place he is at or was (with the card still on the track), he has to reveal it. If he has any encounter cards there also, we can search to try to deal with them, because if they "mature", they can be extra nasty later. So anytime we actually force him to reveal a location, it gives a hint of where he is, but he can put up road blocks, use fog, and other special cards to mess with us. We also get some neat cards as well, but it took forever to finally catch him, because Brian plays Dracula really well. Finally won, but it took 4 hours.
The theme and mechanics of this game really appeal to me, but the reported length of games is a big deterrent. I just don't get the opportunity to play games that last this long. Sounds like a lot of fun though.
Old October 27th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Most recent plays:

Codenames - we've really been enjoying this word/deduction game
Colt Express - thanks to your suggestions, I got this for my wife's birthday and we are enjoying it quite a bit (a Western card programming game about robbing a train)
Rattlebones - still love this one--a light/medium dice building game, where you actually build the sides of your dice
DC Deckbuilder - we've been playing the Forever Evil version recently
Pathfinder ACG - jumped back in to a game; fun to play again
Snake Oil - fun party game where you are selling weird items to the rest of the table
X-Wing - picked up Houndstooth, fun ship!
Old October 27th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
The theme and mechanics of this game really appeal to me, but the reported length of games is a big deterrent. I just don't get the opportunity to play games that last this long. Sounds like a lot of fun though.
Well the reported game time for this on BGG was from 2 to 3 hours. Being that it was a learning game for most of us, and that the owner of it hadn't played this edition yet and it had been a while since playing 2nd edition, our time was really long. I imagine that after a couple plays, the time could get knocked down to under 3 hours. Still a long game for most people and one that might be best played a couple times a year, and not a regular rotation game.

Old October 28th, 2015, 11:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just got the Firefly Kalidasa Expansion. My buddies are busy right now, so I'll probably be flying solitaire onto the final board section of the 'Verse out to the black with the two newest ships Esmeralda and Jetwash!

PS: Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Last edited by chas; October 28th, 2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old October 28th, 2015, 01:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have not picked up the new ships yet. Let me know which one you think is the better one to get should I only buy one at a time.
Old October 28th, 2015, 04:46 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

10% off everything today at Miniature Market. Code is TREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games