Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
I agree that 160 points is not worth only an extra attack and defense. However, neither is a dead Mimring. The thing that makes these guys, and Eldgrim too, so great is that though they help their army AFTER they die. Sure Mimring or Krug + some Venocs might cause some more damage, but once they die they don't help at all.
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Yes, the "after they die" thing is what makes them worth it. The thing that ends up being cool about Thorgrim and Finn is that (like Vikings) you end up having them charge into battle (in the hopes they die) and the funny thing is that sometimes they don't. They get some lucky rolls and they start doing awesomely heroic things -- like when my Finn killed DW9000 unexpectedly or when Thorgrim wounded Q9. Once they get killed, you don't feel completely crestfallen like you do when something very valuable goes. You just beef up another player and keep having fun! They are some of the best figures in the game. I used to combine them with the first Samauri guys (before the other Samauri came about) and it would give them a more decent attack and awesome defense. Remember, you can use them on Unique Squads, so it is like getting 3 or 4 +1 bonuses. That is why they work so well with the Tarns. They all have a good attack and good defense from the start so they always end up being worth their points.
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:56 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
keep them next to each other, they bonus each other... force them toward your enemy he will have to decide weather or not he wants to actualy kill them or not... or you will give the bonus to some one else... and in one game just these 2 took out my blasted charos!!! stupid lucky rolls!!!

Also... say the rest of your army is 4 sets of the same common... thats one card... your entire army gets the bonus Hmm zombies with dead viking help........
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:17 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
That strategy wouldn't work, Finn and Thogrim only boost uniques, not commons
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:31 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
keep them next to each other, they bonus each other... force them toward your enemy he will have to decide weather or not he wants to actualy kill them or not... or you will give the bonus to some one else... and in one game just these 2 took out my blasted charos!!! stupid lucky rolls!!!

Also... say the rest of your army is 4 sets of the same common... thats one card... your entire army gets the bonus Hmm zombies with dead viking help........
They only work with uniques. I'm sure to prevent just such things as that.

EDIT: Curse you Stealth Dodge.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:27 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
er yea uniques im tired lol
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
Use them to break up unique squads, so your finn only killed one krav, to me that would be his points worth, considering you just reduced the kravs effectiveness by 34%. don't go for kills, go to cripple as many of your opponents squads as possible, and when your done, put the spirits on endgame figures, they're some of the most underrated heroes in the game.

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:14 PM

mnguy12000 Woo who?
I totally agree with what eveyone is saying. When my wife and I played a few nights back we tried to blind draw cards and then make an army that has the closest point value. She ended up with both and the KMA vs me with Mimring, Izumi and Marrow Warriors and cleaned up.

I think that that are really worth there cost as you need to rush them in right away and let them do their thing. She took out half the Marrows and one agent before they were able to kill them both. and being the smart player that she is she put both on the agents and ended up with hight and killed off every one on our smallish map.

So in a low point quick game they kick but if you can get some licks in.
Old January 11th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Mikestir has disabled reputation
I place them by Syvass and with a hieght advatage it usally does pretty well.
Me and my frenid were playing ad I had these guys on my protecting my right flank. The held their own plus killed Morro w. and one K agent. He decided to attack my left flank with The giant dinosuar guy and got threw. With the chomp he compltely destoyed my left flank do to the mass amount of commons. it SUCKED REALLY BAD.

"Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farwell"

my favorite animal is the Liger.
http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm
see they are REAL.
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:07 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestir
I place them by Syvass and with a hieght advatage it usally does pretty well.
I'm assuming you mean Syvarris. Finn's bonus only works on figures with a range of 1, so his standing next to Syvarris doesn't help you. Once he's dead, his spirit can add an attack die to any unique, range or melee.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Mikestir has disabled reputation
Well that blew that plan all to shredss.... Thanks for the correction.

"Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farwell"

my favorite animal is the Liger.
http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm
see they are REAL.
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:10 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Taelord would work, as he has no range restrictions, but he does cost you an extra 100 points.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units