Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:10 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Very easy to outrange them.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Don't get me wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracar91
I realize that the army can be beaten, and I had fun getting slaughtered, I just thought 24 attack dice per turn is a little extreme in this instance.

I guess I have more of a problem with the storming the castle senarios than with the castle defender army. In our game, the castle defender whined (he does that alot) about my original army (Laglor, Krav magna, Q9, Guilty) and so I re-drafted a army without range just to convince him of the extreme advantage a castle defender has in this game. I re-drafted Krug, Tornak, Grut orcs, Brunak, Utgar's FB (I forget his name) and Guilty. Krug got to the door, (Nerfed to 5 life , + only 1 auto shield against small and med) Broke it down, got to the taelord and took him out before dieing (I was more than happy with that for 120 points) but the minutemen basically took out everyone coming within range and once he wiped out Krug and tornak, I was done (no way to win).

Maybe I should ask what have you done to even out castle senarios?
Well, range turns out to be THE issue. I guess I'm not surprised you lost when your opponent wouldn't let you play anything with a chance of winning. Attacking a castle is generally a job for long range units and fliers. An AE drop can demolish a 4th Mass castle defense. Drake can assault convincingly. Should you insist on conventional attack, Squads of Roman Archers can breach the door and units like the Nakitas can improve survivability through the portal. Lots of ways to do it. Defending can actually be tough if you aren't careful to prepare for several eventualities. You need some unit that can rally outside the walls if you are outranged, something to deal with dragons if they appear and some way to handle Minions because they are eviland deserve to die. Personally, I prefer the flexibility I have as a castle attacker much of the time.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM

theats has disabled reputation
whats even worse is one squad of omnicron with taelord and double hight(20) i was nearly defeated, till mimring sniped em out. mimring is sweet o0n the castle wall, on the offensive side.

Theophilus.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Minions!!!! YAY MINIONS!

(I loves me minions!)
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:32 PM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
meh nothing is really broken, if you think minutemen with castle height is bad, you haven't seen anything, heres a classic combo that I don't see people mentioning much anymore:

Ae
Taelord
Finn
Marcus

With this combo of less then 500 points, you get a squad of 4 8 range 6 attack dice(without height or extreme height) with psuedo manuverbility. height is essentially garunteed with the ae, making it 4 attacks at 7 which ould be 28, or if you want to count extreme height and glyphs they reach an apex of 9 attack dice each. I've managed to get them up to 8 dice before, and from my experience, if an opponent lets you get your ae up to 7 or 8 dice, nothing that doesn't have some sort of defensive ability will live through more then a single volly of a potential of 36 damage. And lets not forget how the Ae's grenade has the highest non-infinite potential damage special in the game O_o.

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Don't redraft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracar91
In our game, the castle defender whined (he does that alot) about my original army and so I re-drafted a army without range just to convince him of the extreme advantage a castle defender has in this game.
Are you serious?!? I would never redraft just because an opponent wants to whine about it. Understand, I'm a firm believer in giving a weaker player a handicap to keep the game interesting. Nothing is so boring than certain crushing defeat. But that's definately not the way. Adjust point values if you wish or provide another terrain advantage. One fix to the Taelord / MM problem is a theme scenerio. One side gets Utgar, one gets Jandar, neutral generals are up for grabs. Nothing scares me so much as Omnicrons, Taelord, Castle, and God forbid, an attack glyph. You're going to max out at up to 10 skulls and average 4 to 6! But I never mix Jandar and Utgar. It's like putting the Avengers with Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in a Marvel genre. A bigger problem I have is coming up with a castle scenerio that balances to point allowences of both sides only to have an attacker pick all flyers and the defender loses his biggest advantage.

But regardless, find a way to tell your opponent that he really needs to grow up.

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
I'm not sure what Finn is doing in this army. His attack bonus is only good for figures with a range of 1. Unless you plan on suiciding him and giving his spirit over to the AE.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Q9 or DW 9000 can easily pick off MM after a little while. Both have good normal attack, and both have specials that are great when used right. Use queglix gun gor astray MM. Use explosion for clustered MM. Only bad thing about q9 is his queglix gun has a range of 6.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
I'm not sure what Finn is doing in this army. His attack bonus is only good for figures with a range of 1. Unless you plan on suiciding him and giving his spirit over to the AE.
you just gave your answer :P

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles