Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM

aielman has disabled reputation
marro dogs!

They are large so he cant throw them.

And there 5 defence is not to be overlooked
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:55 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aielman
marro dogs!

They are large so he cant throw them.

And there 5 defence is not to be overlooked
If you have a lot, that would be okay, but his Wild Swing and normal would take the hounds down. They might average about.....1-3 wounds on him if lucky.

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM

imppious has disabled reputation
If you can get a buff or 2 on them Minons of Utgar can mess him up with a few 4 or 6 (or even 8 with 2x +1 buffs and luck) skull attacks. I think the key with Jotun is you either have to take him down fast with big hitters, like the Kozukes or minions or you have to wear him down with fast ranged units that he can't catch.
The best hero against Jotun on a large game board IMO is Mimring. Mimring moves better because of flying and with 8 range he can stay out of Jotuns way. It can take a few rounds but one on one Jotun will go down without Mimring taking a scratch.

Character Sig.
Comming soon.....
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I'd say Aubrien Archers. They can pelt him from afar and have elevation most likely while doing so. Add Acolarh or Mittens, and so much the better.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:05 AM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
While having fast moving ranged squads could be considered a nice strategy to kill Jotun, you have to remember that he can still go for those helpless figures that are still hanging out in your starting zone and such. Instead of outmobilizing jotun, I think it would be a much better idea to kill him swiftly, my first game against jotun I managed to deal about 2 damage with kravs before he got to the base and the kravs had to engage him to keep him from obliterating the remaining core of my army, and then my blastatrons and gladiatrons managed to take him down(they had also completly decimated brunak before hand, and in that space I only lost one of each to aubrien archer potshots) and had 2 remaining after the skirmish.

All in all I would say it's best to swarm jotun with concentrated heavy attacks, also crixus would be a prime candidate with his shield, only tone damage at a time the majority and being able to deal 2-3.

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:47 AM

poopdood has disabled reputation
Ne-Gok-Sa can take him...chances off that is 1/20 tho... but if u happen to roll that 20 u can onslaught his army with his own guy!!!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Offensively I try to utilize him very quickly. Try placing all three order markers on him in the first round. You'll be knee deep in the enemy in no time.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:45 PM

peterm has disabled reputation
I like Mimring. Good movement and 8 range to fry him.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:50 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
How about:

Deathstalkers..........100
Omnicron Snipers....100
Dumutef Guard.........25
Total=225 pts

The Deathstalkers are fast enough to engage Jotun first, cause notable damage, and possibly take him out immediately (if they get a lucky Maul or two). Whatever the case, if they're positioned right and because of their size, it should take Jotun 3 rounds minimum to get past them (assuming Jotun doesn't decide to take leaving swipes). While he's tied up, you can position your Omnicrons on high ground, spread far apart from each other, and take down Jotun rather quickly. The Dumutef Guard is just to fill out the 225 point package, but if positioned right, he can occupy Jotun and give the Omnicrons one more round to finish him off.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maul only works on Small or Medium figures.

Newb.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:09 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Maul only works on Small or Medium figures.

Newb.
Doh! Well, I still think they're an excellent option. 3x3 Attack will still likely cause damage to Jotun and it'll still stall him enough to get the Omnicrons in position. Still effective, in my mind.
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:25 AM

Chee has disabled reputation
Re: JOTUN STRATIGIES [offence and defence?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
I recently played a game with my friend who, using only jotun, completly deymolished my army!!! any stratigies for him???
Crixus is a good counter to Jotun. With his One Sheild Defense it'll most likely take a few of Jotun's turns to finish off Crixus. Even if Jotun throws Crixus each turn, Crixus will still get at least two attacks of his own. And with an attack 5 against Jotun's defense 4 you should wear Jotun down quite a bit.

Plus Crixus only costs 90 vs Jotuns 225, so you've lots of extra points to fill out your army (with some ranged units!).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles