Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 17th, 2022, 03:57 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Another of @dok 's creations. I suspect that, sadly, the Melter has consumed the machine gun penguin, which is devoured and dissolved somewhere within the living furnace.
No, no. Furnace mobility is powered by a platoon of 2nd Amendment Penguins, jogging doubletime lockstep inside the mighty treadmill cavity. When enemy squads approach, the square protrusions drop down, revealing gunner murderholes that allow overlapping fire along its flanks.

Friday nights are rollerdisco nights, and the penguins switch to inline skates. An external mirrorball sparkles off the chainsaws and murderclaws. You wouldn't believe the subwoofers on this thing.
Old August 17th, 2022, 04:00 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm sure we'll get historical figures sooner or later. I trust them when they say those are coming.
It's looking like each faction gets a week for reveals, except Fridays, which are reserved for old school figures. After two consecutive weeks of tech, maybe it's time for a history break?
Old August 17th, 2022, 04:54 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought Pirate Captain Bonny was a reference to Ann Bonny an 18th century Irish pirate operating in the Caribbean. I think historical figures have already arrived.

Of course I could be wrong...that happened to me once.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 17th, 2022 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Wasn't actually wrong, it was just a mistake :)
Old August 17th, 2022, 05:05 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I thought Pirate Captain Bonny was a reference to Ann Bonny an 18th century Irish pirate operating in the Caribbean. I think historical figures have already arrived.

It might be a reference, but that's it. Isn't she one of the miniatures in the display? She looks more like a Warforged with her mask and has throwing knives, a laser pistol and a scifi-sword. At the most, historical only in the sense that Firefly depicts historical cowboys....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 17th, 2022, 05:29 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post

It might be a reference, but that's it. Isn't she one of the miniatures in the display? She looks more like a Warforged with her mask and has throwing knives, a laser pistol and a scifi-sword. At the most, historical only in the sense that Firefly depicts historical cowboys....
She certainly looks steam punk!
As for the weapons, I'm pretty sure throwing knives were around in the 18th century. I've never heard of a scifi sword other than a lightsabre (the rest are just long pieces of sharp metal with a hilt, guard and occasional pommel) and that laser gun has a suspicious looking wooden handle.

But I do get your point...folks would rather have true form historical figures be historically accurate. Me too.

And I hope we get them, but that doesn't mean this isn't the beginning of the historical figures of the age of annihilation that we're getting.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 17th, 2022 at 05:29 AM. Reason: And the mask...I'll stop before saying anything untoward :)
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So as far as I can tell we've got three new factions so far:

Dawnraider Syndicate The Pirates and Their Captain (Sketches and Figure)

Lifeborne Order The Big Dragon (Figure)

Ironclad Collective The Cyborg Mechanoids (Sketches)
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Scrolling through the old notes, I see that the Avalon Hill rep noted that the Age of Annihilation is not necessarily a Master Set title. It may just be a general logo like "The Battle of All Time."
Old August 17th, 2022, 07:46 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Scrolling through the old notes, I see that the Avalon Hill rep noted that the Age of Annihilation is not necessarily a Master Set title. It may just be a general logo like "The Battle of All Time."
Yeah, I remember reading that, like they were hinting there isn't necessarily going to be a master set "as we knew them". That'd be an odd choice though. How else would new players get dice, order markers, life counters, complete rules, a set of glyphs and enough tiles to construct basic battlefields? Unless that's all a separate basic essentials box itself and then just get whatever figures you want, like maybe they'll be sold in unique figure faction boxes and squad sets. Might be nice for old players that have all that stuff already and just want new figures or for a way to just buy more tiles without having too much extra stuff going with it.

That's another point I haven't seen anyone mention. Any glyph power guesses? Will they reprint or rename old ones or come up with all new glyph powers?

Upset City Baby.
Old August 17th, 2022, 10:02 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Out of curiosity, when people are asking for "new terrain," do you guys mean freshly made tiles or different types of terrain?
Old August 17th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Out of curiosity, when people are asking for "new terrain," do you guys mean freshly made tiles or different types of terrain?
Yes

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2022, 10:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I actually like the idea that she is Bonnie with some upgrades from her general (like the sword that Sgt. Drake Alexander got from Jandar).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 17th, 2022, 10:44 AM

beisaic knows what's in an order marker beisaic knows what's in an order marker

Bonny doesn't feel historical to me. Hasbro has shown that they can meld historical and tech together before. Sht Drake 1.0 always felt like a WW2 soldier to me, even though I don't think that is in his official bio. Sgt Drake 2.0 adds the robot arm, but he is clearly still the soldier that he has always been. Nothing about Bonny says pirate to me. If I hadn't been reading lore updates and this forum, I would never suspect that she was supposed to be a historical figure. It seems like a huge wasted potential. That could be literally anyone or anything behind that mask, or even an insectoid robot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion