Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
What proxies do you use?

I thought it might be helpful to have a thread where we can talk about what proxies we use for C3G designs.

For a lot of figures, I don't have the exact sculpt so I just use a different sculpt for that character.

For Alfred, I use a repainted Hypertime Joker.
For Anti-Monitor and Master Mold, I use a repainted Iron Man figure from Burger King.
For Arkham Inmates, I use Heroscape zombies.
For Bob, I use a HYDRA agent.
For the fireman in the Civilians, I use Clark Kent.
For Guy Gardner, I use a repainted Ray.
For Winter Soldier, I use a repainted SHIELD medic.
I use cheap plastic poker chips with stickers for the ant swarms and rat swarms.

One of these days, I need to try to make a MODOK but I haven't done it yet.

What proxies do you all use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: What proxies do you use?

Hmm, for the time being:

Monsieur Mallah for Gorilla Grodd
Indigo Lantern Atom for Atom
Orange Lantern Lex Luthor for Battlesuit Lex

So, yeah, that sort of thing, mostly just as a stopgap. Of course, I only have somewhere in the range of 40 figures, so I use proxies for most of them, actually - I just grab whoever looks most like the figure. Poison Ivy is Jean Grey, Pyro is Wolverine, Deathstroke is Deadpool, Plastic Man is Mister Fantastic, Darkseid is Ronan... but that's just for playtests.
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I don't have many proxies, since I'm anal about having the right figures. Sometimes I pick a figure I like better, like the Giant Size XMen Cyclops and Pyro.

For Guy Gardner I repainted the red lantern version of him. I made a custom Winter Soldier out of a Punisher.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I don't have many proxies, since I'm anal about having the right figures. Sometimes I pick a figure I like better, like the Giant Size XMen Cyclops and Pyro.

For Guy Gardner I repainted the red lantern version of him. I made a custom Winter Soldier out of a Punisher.
I understand completely. I don't even playtest with proxies, I buy them as soon as they hit the thread. I started playtesting Surtur recently with a Frost Giant, but luckily the figure came in time to finish up with it. I wouldn't have been able to sleep.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:

I understand completely. I don't even playtest with proxies, I buy them as soon as they hit the thread. I started playtesting Surtur recently with a Frost Giant, but luckily the figure came in time to finish up with it. I wouldn't have been able to sleep.
I do if I can, but most of the time my playtest figures have to be proxies.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

I strongly prefer my figures to actually be the character. However, I'm fine with re-paints or different a sculpt of the character.

When I really need a quick representation (during playtesting) or I don't have enough squad figures to have multiples of the same type of squad I often resort to using the old cardboard cut-outs from the old TSR Classic Marvel RPG. They have a front, back and side view on each cut-out so overall they satisfy my desire to see the actual character. An example of one can be seen here (taken from my Invincible vs MODOK playtest).

Sometimes I might use gimp and make my own cardboard cut-out if TSR didn't make one for the character or its a DC character.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
When I really need a quick representation (during playtesting) or I don't have enough squad figures to have multiples of the same type of squad I often resort to using the old cardboard cut-outs from the old TSR Classic Marvel RPG. They have a front, back and side view on each cut-out so overall they satisfy my desire to see the actual character. An example of one can be seen here (taken from my Invincible vs MODOK playtest).
I thought MODOK looked like that because Invincible hit him so hard with his SA.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
I thought MODOK looked like that because Invincible hit him so hard with his SA.
Oh! Is that what happened? All this time I thought . . .
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Quote:
Invincible totally flattened Modok.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Invincible totally flattened Modok.
The cardstock proxies always seem to get beat up pretty bad. Can't help but wonder if their lack of three dimensionality adversely effects their karma during die rolls. Perhaps the MODOK test was flawed
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

We use a lot of proxies here, as we still have a very small collection of 'Clix. I try to avoid proxying when playing casual games, but it becomes a necessary evil when testing.

-Like Quozl, I use Zombies for Inmates.
-Quasatch for Gorilla City Warriors and, due to a mix-up when ordering, we have the Hypertime Grodd and he is used for both Grodd and Solovar.
-A spare Spider-Man with a strangely protruding chest has become Spider-Girl.
-My MVP of proxying has to be Puppet Master. He's been used as Xavier, Alfred and a few others, including Reed Richards once or twice.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

For Alfred, I use a repainted Hypertime Joker.
I like this idea! How did it turn out?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy