Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 7th, 2017, 01:24 AM

DVondo knows what's in an order marker DVondo knows what's in an order marker
How do I start Competitive HS?

I'm probably a little late to hop on board this train, but I really want to get into some sort of competitive Heroscape scene and have for some time. I've run into the problem, though, that I don't have a single clue where/how to start. I don't know anyone near me who plays, where people might play, or even if there are players near me at all. Is there any advice I could get on this?

I already have everything I need for multiple people to play the game, the issue isn't a "what do I buy?" or "are Deathreavers worth playing?" sort of thing. I just don't know where to take the step from casual basement gaming into a community.

Sorry if this is a rehashed post. I honestly don't know whether or not it is. I just couldn't find an answer on my own so I thought I'd give this place a shot. Thanks for any advice anybody can give.

2/7/17
I've gotta say, I'm super excited to see all of these responses. I didn't expect this much advice! I'm really thankful to everyone who has posted here and I'm using pretty much every resource I've been given right now! Maybe, if we're lucky, I just might get something organized. I'll have to give credit to all of you guys if I do. Thank you!

Last edited by DVondo; February 7th, 2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:02 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Two Options

So, I'd recommend checking out the Events forum. That'll get you an idea of the Scapers nearby. If I remember right, there's a fairly active bunch of Illinois Scapers. kevindola is probably a solid place to check into on that front.

Another option for you is to check out Online Heroscape. We've set up a system that allows you to play Heroscape through an app and Google drawings. It's quite enjoyable. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding that.

~Dysole, hoping she's helpful
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:15 AM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart
Re: How do I start Competitive HS?

There are some tier lists and stuff on here that helped me improve my game, though I'm nowhere near at a competitive level given I've lost every match I've played on here

jesus20456 is Gorillinator...
in the
Calderan Island...
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:31 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Some useful threads:
Heroscape Tournament/Demo Event Guide for Event Organizers (oldy but goody)
Spread the Word: Involve more FLGS - if you want to do at local game store
Simple PNP Tourney System - definitive guide for any tournament director of what you need to be prepared to do
SSS Tournament Sheet OR Tournament Scoring Strip - sheet for players to fill out
Tournament Director Software by Sisyphus
Partial Scoring Sheet weesel99, updated with D3 by Johnnylama
Draft Tournament Sheet by me. See Draft Tournament - Options and Tips for TDs if you want to run a draft tourney
@AliasQTip has some great resources on his website
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:48 AM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

It's good to make time to start to play games. Playing multiple games with different armies on different maps will broaden your heroscape horizon and start to bridge the gap between casual and competitive.

Consider looking at this article about order marker placement, it really helped me, it also has other useful and concise articles on competitive armies and ideas.

Hope this helps!
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

If you are looking to be the very best there ever was I don't think you wI'll find the Heroscape tourn ment scene highly competitive. It seems most people play to have fun first and win second. Scape seems to attract a lot of story driven playes rather than competitive driven players.

That said playing scape with a different is awesome and tge tournaments that crop up are the best way to do that.

However if you want to improve your game there is lots of information on this site (see the links in my signature) and playing and play testing (for C3V for example) us one of the best ways to get better.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would play online as much as possible. The only way to improve is to play more and to play the best. You will find some of the best online for sure.

wriggz is right though, the Heroscape community is quite casual for the most part.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingoDingo View Post
Sorry if this is a rehashed post. I honestly don't know whether or not it is. I just couldn't find an answer on my own so I thought I'd give this place a shot. Thanks for any advice anybody can give.
This is DEFINITELY NOT a rehashed post. This is the most important question on the board right now.

There's a link in my sig for how to run your first tournament. There's no magic and it's not hard. You can do it.

Follow the link in my sig. It's pretty easy, though: find the venue, find the date, post here and encourage your friends offline. You'll get some people. Play online, as others have said, if you want. But I bet you'll find that if you follow my suggestions about how to set up a real live tournament, you'll get a few people. And that's the best.

And don't listen to the naysayers.

Welcome aboard!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:04 PM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart

I recommend checking out the unit strategy reviews, and if you wanna play online I'm free all day btw

jesus20456 is Gorillinator...
in the
Calderan Island...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion