Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 25th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker
Other game rules in HeroScape Editons

So far I'm a bit of a newbie, both to the game and the forum, so if you see anything i write in this that you know is answered elsewhere just tell me so..

these things I'm about to present are so far Ideas, since i haven't had the time to try them yet. but report as soon as their done..

Risk:
for 2 players (but could easily be formed for more players)
1200 point armies or something better
Place glyphs facedown, where you give them where you somehow give them numbers 1-5 (find a way) , and then write down different combintations of 3 numbers from 1 to 5, then randomly draft one of the papers each..
now you place one unit at turns where ever you want on the map..
the objective is to controll the tree areas you got on yor paper.
The area glyphs have these range's:
glyph 1-3 have a range of 4 and glyph 4-5 range 3

I'll soon try but if you think it's fun and try it or have thought to perfect it please write so..

I'll soon write some other ideas for stratego, dam, mario-game (coin collecting) and more

But Please
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:35 PM

hobosock is surprisingly tart
Re: Other game rules in HeroScape Editons

Well, I've never tried different game rules in Heroscape other than the basics like Capture the Flag. I never had the patience for Risk (although strangely I enjoy long Heroscape matchees) and I was a little confused by your instructions, so I may have misinterpreted them, but I don't think it's very playable. However, there are several scenarios that the victory requirements include controlling certain areas of the map.
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Very cool idea. That would be a good way to keep 3 player games from turning into 2 vs 1 games. Something that you could do to simplify it a little is to stick the glyphs on a 7 hex tile that contrasts with the surrounding terrain.

@hobosock: Take 5 glyphs numbered 1-5. Write down different combinations of 3 numbers (1,3,5 on one paper 1,2,4 on another, 3,4,5 on a third, etc.). Each player draws one of the papers and win the game by controlling a 3-4 hex range around the hexes on your paper.
Old January 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've played risk scape before.

I'll share my rules with you if you're interested. We played a bit different than what you've suggested.

Setup
-Build a map where each different type of terrain is contingent with itself. So no putting grass in two different places; all grass spaces must be connected, they can go up in height to all levels though.
-Make each terrain area different sizes with different accessibility levels.
What you should be trying to do is recreating a type of classic risk board. When I played I made the grass area the largest and it ran through the middle of the board so that every other area was touching it. Feel free to design however you like though.
-Water tile spaces, swamp water, shadow, lava, ice, etc. don't count as part of any territory.
-Once you're done making the map you should label each territory based on how hard it will be to be the only player with figures in that area. In my map the grass was the hardest because it was the largest and had the most access points. The harder the area the more points it's worth.
Here is an example of how mine worked out. (note: the d20 bonus is explained later on, refer back here when told to see above!)
Grass- 8 pts. ~~ D20 bonus 6
Sand- 5 pts. ~~ D20 bonus 5
Rock- 4pts. ~~ D20 bonus 4
Snow- 3pts. ~~ D20 bonus 3
Swamp- 2pts. ~~ D20 bonus 2
Lavafield- 1pt. ~~ D20 bonus 1
All of my areas had different point totals, but areas can be worth the same; Europe and America are.

Gameplay
-When I played there were 4 of us, so we each started out with 350 pts. worth of figures. We placed our figures using heat of battle rules. If you don't know what heat of battle is it's where players take turns placing an army cards worth of figures anywhere on the board not adjacent to an enemy figure.
-Play goes as normal using order markers. If you are the only player with figures in a terrain area at the end of the turn you gain the points for that area. (We did this every turn, it was more exciting than just calculating at the end of the round. Though we may have only done it at the ends of turn 1 and 2. I can't quite remember. A "turn" of play was concluded after every player had played the 1 order marker, or 2 order marker, or 3. You know.)
-At the end of the second round and every round there after each player gets to roll the D20 for reinforcements. If you control and area of the board you get to add to your d20 roll; see above. The points we used are as follows.
20 or higher- 100 points of figures
16 to 19- 80 points of figures
11 to 15- 60 points of figures
6 to 10- 40 points of figures
1 to 5- 20 points of figures
These numbers worked just right for the game I played, feel free to adjust as needed. We also allowed players to hang on to any points they colleceted at the end of the round to add to their drafting pool the next round.
-After drafting your figures you place them using heat of battle rules. This rule is important though, if you have complete control of an area you must place your figures in that area. If you don't have control of an area you must place the figures in an area where you have at least one figure. This helps give the players who are being beaten a tactical edge by giving them more freedom to place troops. When we played we never drafted an army card that had already been in play, so no taking more of a common squad to boost the commons that you already have in play. You may not want to do that though.
-If anyone gets eliminated they are out of the game, though it didn't happen when I played. If you wanted though you could let destroyed players roll for reinforcements and place them in an area where nobody has sole control. Keep everyone having fun.
-At the end of round 5 (that's just the round we used, 4 would've suited us just as fine) before anyone rolls for reinforcements roll the D20, if you roll a 17 or higher the game ends and the player with the highest points wins. If not continue play rolling the D20 like so at the end of every round adding 3 to the roll each time. So at the end of round 5 a 17 or higher ends the game, at the end of round 6 a 14 or higher, at the end of round 7 an 11, and so on.
Fin

I really can't remember how we calculated points. Whether we did it on a per turn basis, or if we decided that was too often then just did it 2 out of 3 turns, which is what I'm thinking. I think we calculated it on turns 1 and 2 and then turn 3 you benefited from getting the drafting bonus to your D20. I know we switched it while we were playing after deciding it would be better one way than the other. Anyway it should be apparent to you how to do it/and me as well, after playing a round or 2.

The starting game totals and drafting totals will need to be changed depending on the map and number of players, but the ones I used were perfect for the game I played.

Thanks for reminding me about this riskscape, I'll have to give it another go sometime.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; January 27th, 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 31st, 2010, 07:12 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

thanks for the respons.. I'm going to play a risscape game with 3 players next friday, and your (TheSparkle...) version sounds very good, I'll keep that in mind when we create ours..
I did a Stratego version thingy, propably made before, we wher 2 players and we had to decide one to be the leader each but not say it just write it down.. then the other player won the secret leader was killed, it was very fun, but need's a lot of adjusting.. when i've worked more on it I'll give you the details

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios