Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Captain Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Changes:
  • I re-worded Excalibur Commander so that CB only needs to attack an opponent's figure to trigger it.
  • I added the number to Self Doubt 3.
  • I re-worded the trigger so that he doesn't get self-doubt in the case where a defensive power kicks in before defense dice are rolled. This feels more thematic to me and less gamey.
  • I changed it from dropping attack and defense to dropping attack and move. (This actually brings it more closely into alignment with Psycho-Man's doubt marker, actually.)
Like the changes.

Quote:
I'm still considering if we want some "heroic return to power" clause. It's an interesting idea but I don't want too much complexity creep here.
I'd say we're better off without, after cutting the defense nerf from Self-Doubt. He wouldn't need it as much now, so I'd rather keep the card cleaner and leave it out.

Quote:
Still looking for responses on these items:

Quote:
I like the look of "doubt marker" instead of "self-doubt marker" too, but I was concerned about confusing it with Psycho-Man's markers. Should I be concerned about that?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Personality-wise, though, I've always seen him as a bit more of a hardliner than anything else, so Self-Doubting feels a bit offbase to me.
I'm up for alternative suggestions.

On the subject of the markers, the way Psycho-Man's powers are worded, I don't think there's a mechanical issue with calling them Doubt Markers. Especially since Psycho-Man never really references Doubt Markers, just "the appropriate gray Control Marker", and specifically refers to his own markers in any case. I don't think there could be much of an issue with getting anything mixed up, especially if you give Captain Britain's markers a color other than gray.

Personality wise.... maybe Patriotic? It would give Uncle Sam another non-American buddy.
Old July 15th, 2016, 06:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
On the subject of the markers, the way Psycho-Man's powers are worded, I don't think there's a mechanical issue with calling them Doubt Markers. Especially since Psycho-Man never really references Doubt Markers, just "the appropriate gray Control Marker", and specifically refers to his own markers in any case. I don't think there could be much of an issue with getting anything mixed up, especially if you give Captain Britain's markers a color other than gray.

Personality wise.... maybe Patriotic? It would give Uncle Sam another non-American buddy.
I like both of these suggestions. I'm out until Sunday so I'll let other thoughts roll in until then. I'll probably propose this design for an initial test next week.
Old July 15th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I also prefer the simplicity of the current design. If he comes in too weak in testing, we can always look at powering him up. Even with 3 Doubt markers on his card, he still has 4 Attack, so he's not totally useless at that point.

to Patriotic. Fits well enough given how much of his backstory is tied into British history and Arthurian legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Throwing this out as an option:

Instead of self-doubt, how about building confidence? Start with low Attack and Move and increase them as he performs feats. (rolls at least 3 skulls and inflicts a wound, perhaps)
Eh, it's not so much that he gets stronger when he's doing well, as it is that he gets weaker when things don't do well and his confidence is low. His default state is super-powerful, but he's weaker when he's doubting himself.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 15th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I feel like Valiant makes a bit more sense than Patriotic but I'm fine with either.

We could also switch to Confidence Markers and have him start with three and lose them if he fails. Six of one, half-dozen of another. I'll leave it to the LD's choice.
Old July 15th, 2016, 08:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Well Zatanna can remove a marker from a card, so do you want her removing a doubt marker and making him stronger or removing a confidence marker and making him weaker?
Old July 16th, 2016, 09:36 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This book needs to say what phase it's in... It looks like a finished design.

Like the direction. However, if his self-confidence is low (3 markers), should he also lose his command ability?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 16th, 2016, 12:40 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
We could also switch to Confidence Markers and have him start with three and lose them if he fails. Six of one, half-dozen of another. I'll leave it to the LD's choice.

I like this as well but honestly 50/50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Well Zatanna can remove a marker from a card, so do you want her removing a doubt marker and making him stronger or removing a confidence marker and making him weaker?

It would make more sense to make him weaker I feel but again not any sort of deal breaker.
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:42 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Anyone who has a preference between patriotic and valiant let me know. I do kind of like patriotic for the funny cross-pond synergy, plus it's not like only Americans can be Patriotic.

I have zero opinion on Zatanna interaction but I suppose it makes sense that a negated Captain Britain would have a lower attack. Just trying it on for size...

Quote:
UNSTEADY CONFIDENCE
Begin the game with 3 confidence markers on this card. Add 1 to Captain Britain's Move and Attack numbers for each confidence marker on this card. After an opponent rolls defense dice against an attack from Captain Britain, if Captain Britain did not inflict at least 1 wound, remove a confidence marker from this card. If there are no confidence markers on this card, Captain Britain cannot use his Flying or Super-Strength special powers. If Captain Britain inflicts a wound when attacking with a normal attack, you may place a previously removed Confidence Marker on this card.
I don't have a strong opinion here. On the upside, the interaction with negation (and, I imagine, Zatanna) makes more sense, and it matches familiar wording from the lanterns. On the downside, it's a bit more wordy, and (as with the lanterns) it makes it harder to grasp the power of the card just by looking at the stats. I suppose it does fit our precedents a bit better.

Semi-connected to this: I'm considering bumping his movement by 1, just because I think he should have a move of 4 when stripped of his power. I suppose Blue Lantern gives us the precedent of a move of 3, but without flying it's pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
if his self-confidence is low (3 markers), should he also lose his command ability?
My feeling is no, because his leadership doesn't come from supernatural power. I also prefer he keeps it from a gameplay perspective.
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Captain Britain - Design phase

I mildly prefer the Confidence direction, but it's not a strong opinion.
Old July 18th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't think there's a big difference either way on the Zatanna interaction. If she's friendly, the doubt works better, she can alleviate that. If she's hostile, the confidence works better, she can take it away. No strong opinion on which way to go there, or on patriotic/valiant.
Old July 18th, 2016, 02:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I prefer Patriotic, and slightly favor the confidence direction. Okay with moving move up by 1 as well. When fully confident in his ability he is quick to charge forward and get into a fight.
Old July 18th, 2016, 04:41 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I prefer Patriotic, and slightly favor the confidence direction. Okay with moving move up by 1 as well. When fully confident in his ability he is quick to charge forward and get into a fight.
I 2nd all of this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library