Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 24th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Captain America (Sam Wilson) (Design Phase)

I like LO’s suggestion of a shield throw with 2 targets and some kind of movement component.
Old November 24th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A

Then B
Old November 24th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

CABD

What's up with claymation?
Old November 24th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some straightforward ideas I had thought up.

Quote:
SHIELD FLING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Captain America. Roll dice once for all affected figures blah blah blah.
Quote:
SHIELD DEFENSE
When Cap or a figure you control within 3 spaces of Cap is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, roll a D20. On a 14 or higher add one auto shield to the roll.
You could limit Shield Defense to figures with an Avenger Marker on their card. Just food for thought.
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Put me down for A > B > C > D as well.
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like C.
The shield throw needs to be a normal attack in order to work with Aerial Advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 28th, 2018, 01:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like C.
The shield throw needs to be a normal attack in order to work with Aerial Advantage.

No surprise here, but I'm in agreement with quozl. Aerial Advantage becomes only a def. power if the intent is to not attack with him very often and when you do he uses a SA. At that point just give him 1 or 2 higher defense and save all that text space for something else.
Old November 28th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am with quozl and YK here.
Old November 28th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The appeal of Aerial Advantage (to me) isn't the offensive potential at all, it's that it gives him interesting options as far as setting up a screen on his move-only turns. It's a lot better than just upping his defense by 1 - denying height advantage to attackers that really benefit from it (Cable or Punisher, for instance) can be a big deal.

That said, Shield Throw absolutely does work with Aerial Advantage, as I understand it - he can attack up at someone and they don't get extra dice for height advantage.

The design's interesting as-is, the pieces work with each other, and there's a nice link between Sam and Steve.

EDIT: also, synergy:

Quote:
Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Captain America may use his Avenger Maneuvers special power to activate a figure with an Avenger Marker in its card, including figures with Avenger Markers placed on their cards by other special powers that place Avenger Markers.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
Old November 28th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the intent for for Sam to mostly be taking movement-only turns, tying down figures, that sort of thing. The other two powers should be lean, mean, and obvious - while Ronin brings up a good point about Aerial Advantage's strategic viability, it really is primarily there as a simple thematic boost for a character who spends his time in the air.

Current tallies:

A - 5
B - 0
C - 5
D - 0

This is counting Qualzium as an A, and YK and Tornado as Cs - if any of you guys differ on that categorization please correct me.

Unfortunately that makes it a deadlock! I'm fairly set on sticking with Aerial Advantage but I will keep an open mind. quozl's suggest (at its most literal) would be something like this:

RANGE 5
ATTACK 3

RICOCHET ATTACK
After attacking with Captain America, he may attack an additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once and cannot attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

A significantly more potent power when paired with guys like Cap, which is worrying (anything with more than 2 normal attacks is ), but I don't dislike it. Something I'd be willing to explore if other people are digging it.

Lobster suggested an SA that I think is viable, but doesn't grab me enough to want to move away from the vanilla Cap throw, and a defensive power which I'd like to avoid mechanically. YK and LO both seem more interested in an "attack and move" power which is frankly a non-starter for me.
Old November 28th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What about a special attack with something like “If Cap has height advantage on this figure then...”
That way he still gets to use AA on his attack without having to worry about crazy boosts from Steve Cap and others.
Old November 28th, 2018, 08:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Is there a clever way to prevent drafting this Sam and Steve into the same army? The whole idea behind Falcon having Caps shield is that Cap isn't there after all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library