Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd, 2019, 06:04 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Minotaur Stampede 01/02/19

Thanks for the input, caps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Valiant Hero Bonding is a bold move. There are a lot of Valiant heroes, from Charos to Sam Brown. Bonding with a ranged hero *and* a number of beatsticks is something few squads get to do. Between Intimidating and Bull-Wark increasing their survivability quite a bit and such potent bonding options I would imagine you have the Minoan Guard somewhat underpriced.
I had changed it to Valiant Hero who follows Jandar (and then posted the unedited card) in order to narrow down from exactly what you were saying. I wanted to give them more than just one minotaur hero to bond with. So, one possible solution would be to change Brorok's Class and/or Personality and go that route to narrow down the Guards bonding without totally limiting the options.
I had hoped that them being a Unique Squad would help lower their cost, but I see your point.

Quote:
Do you want to have so many powers that make attackers or defenders roll more or less dice packed on to just two cards? I like Brorok but I ultimately feel that you could present a more thematic (and possibly simpler) card for the Minoan Guard. I would start by just dropping Bull-Wark altogether.

I wouldn't call that a "bonding chain," really. I also don't think it will turn any heads in a negative way unless you try to submit them to the SoV (and I imagine the figure availability is not there).
I wasn't sure what to call it other than bonding chain. You can reveal an OM on the Guards, take a turn with Brorok with the Bonding, reveal the "X" OM on him, move the Guards with Sound the Charge, then take the turn with the Guards. Bonding chain was the closest thing I could think of.

I hadn't planned on an SoV submission. There are more than plenty fantasy units in their pipeline for consideration already (mostly because as far as pre-painted minis go that is almost all that is out there) that I probably won't submit anything [else] unless it is a historical unit.

I can rework the Minoan Guards. The biggest struggle with these guys is giving them some staying power as a Unique Squad, portraying the power of an elite group of minotuar warrior beatsticks, and keeping them from being overpowered.

Quote:
I am not 100% sure what you mean for Bull Headed to do, but if you mean what I think you do, you might perhaps borrow wording from the VC's Varkaanan Swiftfangs.
For Bull Headed I was envisioning a fighter who is always the first to charge into battle and take on impossible odds in acts of arrogant bravery.

I struggled with the wording because I wanted Brorok to be able to have the bonus of the revealed OM from the beginning of the round if he started off engaged with 2 or more opponent's figures. It it triggers when he reveals the OM on his turn, if it is a multi-player game it might be likely he goes without the OM bonus for most of the beginning of the round. However, if there is no way to word that "idea" clearly I may go with the Swiftfangs wording (I don't know if you realize how ironic it is that you would direct me to them )

Quote:
For Sound the Charge, why not wording closer to Siege and Evar Scarcarver "After taking a turn with Brorok you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on Brork's army card to..."
Thanks for pointing me there.

Quote:
Intimidating functions similarly to the Goblin Cutters's Mob Attack, but the wording is again pretty different. On the other hand, aping their wording could be tricky since Intimidating takes place when attacking AND when defending.
I had considered making Intimidating work only when the Guard attacks so that would solve that issue. I could nick the Cutter's wording.

Quote:
Bull-Wark also seems very similar to the Roman Legionnaires's Shield Wall (minus the restriction, of course) but the wording is fairly different.
Using the word "other" in Bull-Wark would make it much less clunky.

Thanks again for all the input!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards