Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old December 14th, 2021, 12:02 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Comics Guide and Theme Review

First results are in and added to the Batman post! (Technically not until tomorrow, but I think everyone's done voting)
Quote:
C3G’s Comics Recommendations

Best Introduction
Batman: The Long Halloween AND Batman: Year One

Iconic/Must Reads
2 Votes
- Batman: Knightfall

1 Vote
- Batman (Vol. 1) #147
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Legacy (& Batman: Contagion, since Bats admitted that he cheats :P)
- Batman: No Man’s Land
- Batman: The Court of Owls
- Batman: The Cult
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Batman: The War of Jokes and Riddles
- Batman: Venom (Legends of the Dark Knight)
- Batman R.I.P.

~ Batman: Gotham By Gaslight
~ Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
We actually have a tie, there were two votes each for both as best intro and two votes each for in general.
I went ahead and counted intro votes that didn't make it towards the Iconic Reads, I'll do that moving forward as I don't want anyone to feel like they're wasting a vote.
Also, let me know if I missed or misinterpreted anyone recommendations; comics can be a confounding thing.

I'll probably add a reading chronology as well in case anyone wants to tackle a whole character's recs

Stay tuned tomorrow evening for the first faction/team vote!

Last edited by Splash; December 14th, 2021 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Bat-Baby
Old December 14th, 2021, 07:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You left Bat Baby off the list.
Old December 14th, 2021, 11:03 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oop didn't realize that was a vote, I'll add it after work
Old December 14th, 2021, 05:15 PM

Bat-Baby and Reading chronology added!
Old December 14th, 2021, 07:17 PM

AMALGAM UNIVERSE

Amalgamation Domination!
Bizarnage (220)
Spider-Boy (230)
Super Soldier (330)

---

RESULTS
Quote:

BEST INTRODUCTION
- DC Versus Marvel

ICONIC/MUST READS
2 Votes
- The Amalgam Age of Comics: The Marvel Comics Collection (includes Bruce Wayne, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, Magneto and the Magnetic Men #1, X-Patrol #1, and more)

1 Vote
- Crossover Classics: The Marvel/DC Collection, Vol 1

~ Death Battle (YouTube Series)
HAPHAZARD CHRONOLOGY READING GUIDE FOR THE BRAVE AND FOOLHARDY
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 28th, 2022 at 10:57 PM.
Old December 14th, 2021, 09:16 PM

Best Introduction:
I haven't actually read any, however I'm curious if anyone else has. The appeal is obvious, who wouldn't wanna see a mashup of their favorite characters/inter-company rivals?

Iconic/Must Reads:
I myself haven't read any, but back in the days of just reading character bios I did absorb a bit of the cool combos that they came up with, well some I agreed with and some I didn't, but it was a cool concept.
What I found more interesting, like many young fans, was who would win in a fight (although that hasn't changed much XD). One of the earlier books I read was, again in a library, was called Crossover Classics: The Marvel/DC Collection (I had to look it up of course). Before Amalgam really, but it collected the earliest crossovers between Marvel and DC. There was a Superman/Spider-Man one, a Hulk/Batman one, and an X-Men/Teen Titans one.
I'm pretty sure my favorite was the Supes/Spidey one because Spider-Man was very Spider-Man in that one. The Hulk/Batman one I remember was weird cause they chose Shaper of Worlds as the Hulk villain. I honestly don't recall anything from the last one except that they were in space.

Thematic Favorites

Best Design of the Bunch:
The Web-Pistol is a fun glyph, but gonna go Super Soldier. A better mashup choice and a fun card to play with or against.

Future Design Ideas:
Hyena would be cool to play as.

Last edited by Splash; December 27th, 2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old December 14th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Best Intro
The whole thing is really set up by the DC vs. Marvel miniseries event. It's a bit gimmicky, but it's a fun read and gives context for the whole Amalgam thing, so I have to recommend it.

Must Reads
Honestly the only one I've actually read is the last issue of the DC vs. Marvel miniseries, where they started getting into the Amalgam stuff. But my favorite character from it is Bruce Wayne, Agent of SHIELD, just because I think it's funny.

Best Design of the Bunch: I'll go Spider-Boy. I like Super Soldier, but he's almost too good and casts a bit of a shadow over the soldier faction sometimes. Really neat design, though.

Future Design Ideas: Gotta get a Dark Klaw.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 14th, 2021, 11:24 PM

Cool, I'm beginning to think I'll have to read those soon.

I'll just go ahead and mention anyone can vote for any sort of stuff you've read where Marvel and DC have come together here, since they used a crossover to start Amalgam.
Old December 15th, 2021, 08:17 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I haven't read much Amalgam (the only issue I have is Magento leading the Metal Men, which is a cool concept but that's about it). I think the characters are really cool though.

Super Soldier is my favorite design. I agree that it'd be great to see a Dark Claw.
Old December 15th, 2021, 09:19 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Best Intro : Never read it! Honorable mention to the Death Battle youtube series I guess? Sometimes DC/Marvel characters get matched up on there.

Must Reads : N/A

Best Design of the Bunch: Super Soldier. Really dig what he brings to the Soldiers.

Future Design Ideas: Amazon and Dark Claw top my list. Honorable mention to Captain Marvel, because mixing Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel to make Captain Marvel is hilarious.
Old December 15th, 2021, 10:03 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

When I was a kid I remember having issue #2 and #4 of Marvel vs DC. I remember always being super annoyed about the missing issues because at the back of each issue they would say who won which fights and I always felt like I was missing great stuff.
Old December 15th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, issue #3 is worth tracking down.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape