Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 14th, 2012, 10:40 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Turn FotA into a Dice Tower. No tools required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Well, if you're going to raid something for 0-level tiles anyways you could probably lift some single-hexers from the same set for some of the behind-the-scenes sections.

Molten lava would look pretty cool.
Duh, of course....

Tonight is clearly not my night of greatest mental acuity.

Molten lava would look amazing. After spray-painting the rest of the dice tower black?
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Or using glacier with ice tiles and making icicles that hang down.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Or using glacier with ice tiles and making icicles that hang down.

I hope people actually make some of these, and post the results. I'd love to see what kinds of madly inventive customization people concoct.

I'm thinking it would be fun to glue some figures to the three top-most walk walk tiles, like guardian figure-heads. A squad of Phantom Knights? The Rechets of Bogdan, for some serious gargoyle points? Wolves of Badru, ready to pounce down? Or maybe Moltenclaw in the middle, flanked by two Mezzodemons or Death Knights? Imagine him on Killo's black tower with molten lava tray....
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:11 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I think it would look nice for the 7-hex front to be made of 6 black shadows and a red lava in the center. Or 6-ice and a sparky center. Actually, there's a decent number of combinations.
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
I think it would look nice for the 7-hex front to be made of 6 black shadows and a red lava in the center. Or 6-ice and a sparky center. Actually, there's a decent number of combinations.
Great ideas! I could even imagine people switching out various combos of ice/water/shadow/swamp/molten lava to match whatever army, or map, they were playing.
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
One of the best, most useful, and unique contributions to the community.
Thanks Lama. Actually, I think YOU'RE one of the best, most useful, and unique contributions to the community.
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart

Not only is that an awesome dice tower, it also is cheap and convenient! I will definantly be making one of these soon. Thanks!
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

This is incredibly awesome. I am totally incorporating this into the next map I build. You rock Typhoon.
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:21 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

I spent about an hour testing this having made it wrong. I forgot the pieces inside at the bottom. Still, I was having trouble with the bottom deflector dislodging, and the ladder bits coming off.

What I ended up doing is, putting the door in the bottom with its height across the tower and putting two road pieces on the back corners of the first wall level. Then I installed ladders on those road pieces and pushed them down to wedge the door in place. I was able to get about 95% perfect drops with the dice clearing the door opening. Any fowls were to do with the Door hinge. Installing the two tiles in the bottom of the tower should fix this.

The only downside I see is, this will probably strip the silver off of the door in short order.

*edit* derp, two pages back
Oh, and I found that the dice will occasionally sit off kilter in groove at the perimeter of the hex; so lining the landing tray with water, swamp water, lava or shadow, would solve this minor annoyance.

Last edited by Ghostship; February 15th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I made this, and replaced the bottom with lava. Very cool. But takes up 14, plus 3 if you want to make a half step down from the bottom slope, which looks really cool. I really want to buy the exact parts needed from auggies, and spray paint it blackolten lava pi, and use the lava. For a cheaper option usin only 1 lava set, put regular water or swamp water underneath, and you only need 7-9 molten lava pieces. I did notice that the dice, when rolling more than 8, one or two tend to get stuck between the wall and the little ladder piece creating the slope on the bottom.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I placed shadow (or regular water) tiles and stacked the ice or sparkly tiles and got a unique effect due to the semi transparency of the later two tiles. I don't have the lava tiles so I couldn't do this but guessing it can be quite nice.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:00 AM

I know, I know, I said no tools required to make a fully functional dice tower.

But that said....if you have a knife, and some super glue, there are two simple things you can do to make this even more fully functional.

First: I estimate that about 1 of every 50 dice gets lodged between the ladder piece of the lower exit ramp and the stupid lower hinge of the doorway. It's trivial to retrieve those stuck dice; but that said, it does become annoying over time. It's easily solved: take a knife, any knife, and slice off that lower hinge. Done.

Second: The force of the dice falling onto the exit ramp/deflector assemblage will, over time, cause it to come apart. It's easy enough to reassemble it and put it back when that happens. Only takes a few seconds. But if you'd like a more permanent solution: use super glue to turn it into a single unit. I.e., glue the two wall-walk tiles together; and glue the two ladder pieces to them. You'll want to make sure that the ladder pieces are flush with neither the top nor bottom of the hexes, but rather, protrude more-or-less equally above and below the hexes. (As in the pictures in the OP.)

Admittedly, these are permanent modifications. But the good news is that removing the lower hinge of the doorway still allows the door to be used. (The upper hinge suffices to support it.) And as for the exit ramp/deflector assemblage....we're only talking two wall-walk tiles and two ladder pieces.

Last edited by Typhon2222; February 18th, 2012 at 12:41 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions