Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 20th, 2022, 01:30 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Or maybe "Before moving" so it takes a little setup.

Also now I want a "Major F5".
Yeah, I thought about that - but then thought about how that's worked out for Dund. The power becomes even worse than his at that point I think. Which maybe is okay because he has other things going for him that Dund does not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Yeah I might even make it 14+ for one OM, 19+ for all OMs. That way you get an extra username reference on the card too
That's not a bad idea - make it possible to remove more than one, but add some cut offs...

EDIT: and clearly I need more username references on the card.
100% agree on the 1 OM but can be all on a 19+
Old July 20th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Overall looks ok. By the rules, you must have a separate army card for each copy of a Common in your army, which makes order marker moving powers like these strange, but I think VC has already solved this with wording.

Interesting that it's a solid long-rang sniper but really wants to be fairly close.
Old July 20th, 2022, 04:10 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in so far - MegaSilver, NecroBlade, Superfrog, Quozl (for helping me understand NB's joke), Knox, and Scytale. I appreciate your feedback!

@Scytale - can you point me to a unit that uses the appropriate wording? And do you agree with other suggestions about changing/limiting the number of OM's that can be moved? From my playtesting, I'm currently against just 1 order marker moving, but would be open to what superfrog suggested about cutoffs within the power that influence how many can be taken off. I think I'd probably want to drop the d-20 roll needed to remove one OM down a bit to justify putting the OM's on F19.

Something like
11-15 is 1 OM
16-18 is 2 OM's
19+ is all OM's

Obviously exact values can be tweaked. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

EDIT: nvm to the first part of my question Scytale - I found it on the text for the Glyph of Xipta.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 20th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Or maybe "Before moving" so it takes a little setup.

Also now I want a "Major F5".
Since that wipes everything, that would be a way funnier name! I like it.
Old July 20th, 2022, 06:48 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Overall looks ok. By the rules, you must have a separate army card for each copy of a Common in your army.
I've never seen someone do that accept for Tom Vasal on stream once.
Old July 20th, 2022, 07:19 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I've been sitting on this custom for a long time trying to get him to work right, and I think I'm getting really close to where I want him to be prior to submission. I'd love to get any feedback on it!

As worded above, Mag Rail SA can shoot around obstacles like ruins and trees. Is the intended theme that F19 is firing heat seeking/homing missiles of some kind? Because the name sounds like you're trying to convey "magnetic rail gun," and that's not really what rail guns do.
Old July 20th, 2022, 07:43 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
I've been sitting on this custom for a long time trying to get him to work right, and I think I'm getting really close to where I want him to be prior to submission. I'd love to get any feedback on it!

As worded above, Mag Rail SA can shoot around obstacles like ruins and trees. Is the intended theme that F19 is firing heat seeking/homing missiles of some kind? Because the name sounds like you're trying to convey "magnetic rail gun," and that's not really what rail guns do.
I'd guess that the attack is supposed to punch through cover and armor/shields, as represented by obstacles and gray hit zones, at the cost of lethality. However, the question then becomes, "why can this weapon only hit a single target in a group?"
Old July 20th, 2022, 08:03 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:

I'd guess that the attack is supposed to punch through cover and armor/shields, as represented by obstacles and gray hit zones, at the cost of lethality. However, the question then becomes, "why can this weapon only hit a single target in a group?"
@Sherman Davies - this is exactly right (what Blue Trails wrote). The idea was to punch through cover - that's part of the reason why when there is no cover, the defending figure loses a die as well.

As far as the reason for it not being a splash attack, I had a version that did that, and the card felt too much like a wall of text. I wanted it a little more simple.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 20th, 2022, 09:02 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=Flash_19;2524753]
Quote:
As far as the reason for it not being a splash attack, I had a version that did that, and the card felt too much like a wall of text. I wanted it a little more simple.
That's fair. To me, Zaeus's Rail Gun SA sets some thematic expectations for that kind of attack, but I can support a desire for simplicity.
Old July 20th, 2022, 09:10 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Overall looks ok. By the rules, you must have a separate army card for each copy of a Common in your army.
Which means it's a silly rule, but it is the actual rule. So we have to deal with it.
Old July 20th, 2022, 09:15 PM

[quote=Blue Trails;2524762]
Quote:
Quote:
That's fair. To me, Zaeus's Rail Gun SA sets some thematic expectations for that kind of attack, but I can support a desire for simplicity.
Yeah, my concept of the attack is most informed by an old 007 video game I played as a teenager. One of the guns was a railgun that you could use to fire through obstacles to hit enemies in the other side. Very scientific reasoning behind how the attack works.

Thanks for chiming in and offering your thoughts!

Old July 21st, 2022, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Which means it's a silly rule, but it is the actual rule. So we have to deal with it.
Yeah in that case you can just specify another card that doesn't share a same name or something. Probably say common so that Uncommon Heroes can move to another uncommon hero.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards