Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 12th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon Vaccines

We'll need people to commit by the end of this week to secure the ballroom.

As such, we need to discuss vaccines.

We at least need most attendees to be vaccinated to run this thing SAFELY. At the end of the day, this is a children's game. There will be more Heroscape weekends in the future. Safety needs to be a priority. But we also need people to attend.

I'd like thoughts on whether it should be mandated.

Note that this is a private, not a public, function; as such, what state and local governments decide to do has no real bearing on our own theoretical mandate. Further, I'm not concerned with the "some people may not be able to get it in time," because that really isn't true based on current trajectories.

I at least need a sense of who already is--and who will be--vaccinated. My dad is fully vaccinated, and I get my first shot tomorrow.
Old April 12th, 2021, 11:17 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ScapeCon Vaccines

Do you know if masks will be required by the hotel whether people are vaccinated or not? If they’re not required my suggestion would be to not mandate a vaccine, but strongly encourage it and to require anyone who is not to wear a mask.

I got my first shot yesterday, so it really doesn’t matter to me what the verdict is, but I’d like to see attendance as high as possible, and mandating vaccines could possibly limit that. Of course it could go the other way as well if people don’t feel safe attending. I will note that I am among those statistically least likely to be severely affected by the Virus, so I certainly understand if other attendees want to push for mandatory vaccination and masks for everyone.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; April 12th, 2021 at 12:31 PM.
Old April 12th, 2021, 11:32 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had both shots of the vaccine.

Old April 12th, 2021, 11:35 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's where I am regarding my vaccine plans:
- I'm on the wait list in MA
- I will become eligible on April 19th (but with no indication of how long after that I will get an opportunity to get the shot)
- Once I get a slot I intend to go take the vaccine (but again, I have limited control over when that happens)
- I have no objection to telling anyone whether I am vaccinated or not at a given time, but some people might (and I would rather have more attendees than less if that pushes some people to not attend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I'm not concerned with the "some people may not be able to get it in time," because that really isn't true based on current trajectories.
I think you should be slightly more concerned with this than you appear to be. Here's a 'theoretical' last-possible date timeframe (assuming the Moderna vaccine) - i.e. you would have to be at or ahead of this timeframe to be 'eligible' for ScapeCon if you mandate a vaccine:
June 14th - 1st Shot
July 14th - 2nd Shot
ScapeCon setup - July 28th
(slightly off estimates because I used a month instead of 28 days, but very close)
What this shows is if your state decides to provide the Moderna shot to you, you would have to get the 1st shot before/by June 14th to be vaccinated per the government's definition for the Con.

While I certainly agree that it's likely most people who want the vaccine will have been able to get their 1st shot by then, it's not a guarantee and we'd have to pay & make travel plans likely in advance of knowing when that 1st shot date will be. That's not an ideal spot with regarding to making purchases (and things like flights, even though I plan on driving, are unlikely to be refundable based on not getting the shot in time for the Con).

Would the hotel refund me my money if MA doesn't get enough vaccines for my spot on the list to arrive by June 14th?

Most of these concerns don't apply much to me, except to say it would really be unfortunate if MA didn't give me an appointment by June 14th. But for people who are flying that risk is monetary, not just disappointment.
Old April 12th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My guess is most people will make their decision on vaccination outside of the rules of ScapeCon. If you're going to get the vaccine, you're not doing it specifically for ScapeCon, and if you're not going to get the vaccine I don't think ScapeCon would be your only dealbreaker. So ultimately I don't know what the effect will be.

For survey purposes I just got the first shot at the end of March and my dad already has both shots.

On masks, imo August is too far away to know if they will be necessary or not. I'm optimistic that hopefully they won't be needed, but it's really hard to anticipate virus trajectory.
Old April 12th, 2021, 12:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My understanding is that basically every adult will be eligible before the end of the month. That gives about 7 weeks to get your first shot and still be fully vaccinated by the 28th. Longer if you get the J&J. I don't think availability will be an issue.

All adults became eligible in Colorado on the 2nd and I got my first dose a week ago.
Old April 12th, 2021, 12:27 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

These are great comments and thoughts guys. Love to hear others weigh in, including those who might not attend if we don't mandate vaccines. If we have a critical mass of people vaccinated (or at least with first shot) that may be enough to run a very safe event. And like Hendel said in one of the other threads, there very well may be a vaccine mandate if you want to fly at some point.
I think the hotel rooms will be refundable up to shortly before the event. I will ask that tomorrow when I speak to the sales director.
The badge may not be however (or at least some portion of it) unless you can find a replacement (which is how Dice Tower East is run.) We'll have sunk costs and commitments for the ballroom.
Old April 12th, 2021, 01:18 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Just had my 2nd shot this morning.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 12th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This threads helps, let's me know I got to fly up early to make sure I get both shots in time.

What is people only have the first shot? If we mandate it, does that count at all, or say you have had it the1st shot 2 weeks before.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 12th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
We'll need people to commit by the end of this week to secure the ballroom.
We're going to want to push the marketing on this then. The sweet spot sounds like we need to hit 40 attendees at least, and we're at 25 + 11 if all the maybes can make it.

Ideas for how to expedite confirmations from people and getting the word out? Maybe make a post on social sites here and other places each day and tag relevant people? I could probably do a mid-week video for my channel. I definitely think a Front-Page announcement would be a good idea. I know @Xotli has been really helpful doing front page announcements, though @Xorlof could also do it, whoever see it first

Also, what happens in the event we only get 35 say by the end of the week, but we get like 50 confirmed by the time of the actual Con? Will the Hotel allow us to "update" our pricing?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 12th, 2021, 02:55 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How are you going to verify vaccinations?

How are you going to identify religious, ADA, or other exemptions?
Old April 12th, 2021, 03:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FWIW

CDC current recommendations are to avoid medium-large gatherings even among vaccinated individuals. (Although they do say if you do decide to, you want to adhere to as little contact as possible) Who knows what it will look like in a few months? This pushes me toward wanting it to be a necessary thing although I'll admit there's a number of logistical questions there if you don't want to just rely on the honor system.

I can ping Xorlof and/or Xotli to try and get a front page announcement.

I get stabbed for a second time this coming Saturday.

~Dysole, who's kept a watchful eye on these things

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon