Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 12th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: AOTV General Discussion - Pod 2 starting soon!

Frankly, I doubt much good will come of it. It will either be met with crickets or lots of scattered dissenting opinions, likely none in line with the goals of the project.

The danger of such a thing it that it works to derail the process instead of improving it, fracturing the team's (often already fractured) direction. But it could potentially lead to a better product; in general feedback is a good thing.

I would abstain, but I think the placement of the feedback phase is wrong, so I . The designers should have a chance to consider the feedback and make changes. A simple yea/nay vote to move on at that point is the wrong way to go. It should return to design after feedback.
Old September 13th, 2020, 02:15 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Frankly, I doubt much good will come of it. It will either be met with crickets or lots of scattered dissenting opinions, likely none in line with the goals of the project.

The danger of such a thing it that it works to derail the process instead of improving it, fracturing the team's (often already fractured) direction. But it could potentially lead to a better product; in general feedback is a good thing.
I'm a bit concerned about the potential lack of public participation as well, but I hope that this could actually be a way of keeping people involved with the project. If we don't get much of a response, then there's not really much that we can do.

Your concern about it potentially fracturing the team's direction is also something worth keeping in mind; I doubt that we would be able to ensure that all commenters keep our project goals in mind, even with the proposed blurb. That said, I hope that the Pod Members themselves would keep that in mind when reviewing the feedback, and I think that the potential gain of improving the units or catching any flaws is worth the risk.

Quote:
I would abstain, but I think the placement of the feedback phase is wrong, so I . The designers should have a chance to consider the feedback and make changes. A simple yea/nay vote to move on at that point is the wrong way to go. It should return to design after feedback.
That's a good point. I was thinking that the unit might not receive enough significant feedback to warrant always returning to Design, but perhaps forcing that process would increase the likelihood that this stage is productive and legitimately considered by the Pod.

It is worth noting that the Pod Leaders could immediately propose to move forward from Design still by its current definition. Do you think that this alone would be enough, or that we should set a predetermined time limit for how long units should stay in Design before moving ahead to Editing?
Old September 13th, 2020, 04:48 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
It is worth noting that the Pod Leaders could immediately propose to move forward from Design still by its current definition. Do you think that this alone would be enough, or that we should set a predetermined time limit for how long units should stay in Design before moving ahead to Editing?
If a unit is ready to move forward, it should. An artificial delay is just that, a delay.
Old September 15th, 2020, 10:35 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm with Scytale. Return to Design and then move forward from there.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 15th, 2020, 06:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm with Scytale. Return to Design and then move forward from there.
Agreed. Some discussion (even if it's just "that didn't tell us anything we didn't already know") needs to happen, and a brief step back into Design before a vote onward simply makes sense.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 15th, 2020, 06:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Great to see that we're all seem to be on the same page. Here's a quick revision of the proposed description:

Quote:
Once a pod is satisfied with the design of the unit and has voted to move it forward, the thread will enter a state of public review. For 1 week, outside feedback is openly encouraged on the unit. Anyone is welcome to leave their thoughts on the unit, even people not regularly involved in the project (we'd love to hear from everyone!). The pod is not under any obligations to make changes to the unit, but public feedback can be useful to know how people are feeling overall. Once the week is up, the unit will return to Design so that the Pod Members can discuss any changes that they want to make. Like before, a Pod Leader can start a vote to move forward, but this time to Editing.
Old September 16th, 2020, 10:42 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

With that change, I am an to the proposal

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 17th, 2020, 06:55 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Looks good to me Good changes.
Old September 18th, 2020, 11:36 AM

I think this has greater potential to mislead or derail the process than help, but it could be a good thing. I'll abstain.
Old September 18th, 2020, 12:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll follow Scytale's lead on this one by Abstaining. I don't feel strongly about it one way or another, especially because it's a public forum and people can comment regardless.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 18th, 2020, 04:33 PM

I just realized that I didn't cast a formal vote, but it's a from me.
Old September 19th, 2020, 09:22 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

My vote from the previous iteration stands. In fact it's eve more this time because this is a better proposal. IMO, as long as we let everyone speak their mind, and don't try to respond to everything and just take it into account internally after the period is up, it'll help keep people involved and interested without derailing anything.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs