Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:46 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
C3V and SOV Appreciation Thread

Hello fellow VC addicts! We are an opiniated bunch who never miss an opportunity to make our voices heard. While we have a C3V and SOV feedback thread, it's mostly used to provide suggestions on ways to improve the VC community.

I figured it was only fitting that we have another thread dedicated to talking about the many great things happening with C3V and SOV and what you appreciate most about this long running community project. Use this thread to share your favorite units, battle stories and just the positive things that have come with being a part of the C3V and SOV.

I'll start by sharing that because of the C3V and SOV, my wife and I have found a new hobby that we can enjoy together: painting miniatures. She is a much better painter than me and because of that we've been having a blast replacing many of of the original C3V and SOV figures with our own custom painted figures.

This all started because of the unpainted Gothlok. We used him as an opportunity to brainstorm together and later came up with an awesome design which sparked our new found passion of painting. Now, each C3V and SOV release has become an opportunity to be creative as we make our favorite our very own. I'll be sharing some of our work soon once we finish up our next project.

So thank you guys, your hard work in this project goes beyond just keeping Heroscape alive.

Lets hear some other stories! I'll share some more later on as well.
Old October 24th, 2019, 01:51 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V and SOV Appreciation Thread

I think without SoV and C3V I may have stop heroscape. I like the fact some hole in the lore and game have been filled and the metagame evolve with those release.
Old October 24th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Aww. Thanks, guys.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 24th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I probably would have quit heroscape a long time ago if not for the c3v helping keep events alive... which caused me to start playing more... which caused me to decide to keep it alive up here.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 24th, 2019, 01:07 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I probably would have quit heroscape a long time ago if not for the c3v helping keep events alive... which caused me to start playing more... which caused me to decide to keep it alive up here.
That's awesome! You know, I had stopped playing Heroscape and left Heroscapers for about 6 years and was surprised that when I came back a lot of the names were still here. Had it not been for the VC community, this site may be a lot quieter than it is today.

My wife and I are talking about starting a family soon. I'm building up my C3V and SOV collection so that someday my kids can come on here and continue where I left off. It will be awesome to hand this great game off to the next generation one day.
Old October 25th, 2019, 10:32 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Same as @flameslayer93 - The combination of C3V and tournaments kept the game going for me. I like still figuring out new combos and counters for the new units in a competitive setting.
Old October 25th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

If not for local tournaments, I probably wouldn't have dug out my boxes of Heroscape. The C3V breathed new life into many units that previously seemed next to useless. I will forever be grateful for that contribution, But the thing that really grabbed my attention was the SoV.

To be able to create something that doesn't just sit in my head, or in my own home, with the outside world oblivious to it, that has a very strong appeal to me. With nearly every game I play, I come up with ideas for new content. I have notebooks with ideas for cards for smash up, cards against humanity, Pokemon, magic the gathering.(I've ordered custom cards for cards online for these before) Hero designs for dota, league of legends, heros of the storm, and Overwatch. Co-op commander ideas for Starcraft. Map ideas for every game that has a map editor, and even games that don't. I have always wanted to be able to create things for a game. If I like something enough, I will want to add to it. The SoV was the first time anything I've made was ever recognized on any official way, even if is not technically official.
Old October 28th, 2019, 11:07 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

My top 5 favourite C3V units are
1. Havech Eradicators
2. Boreos
3. Siiv
4. Sentinels Of Grax
5. Quahon

However Avernus and Brontos from the latest C3V release could make that list soon.

Long live heroscape
Old October 28th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Love me some Sentinels of Grax!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 30th, 2019, 12:22 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

I also would like to express my mad love for the work of C3V and SoV. The creators here have kept the game exciting and current. Also, I'll say it ........... in many cases their work is better than the official Hasbro releases.

Seeing the top 5 above made me want to list my top 5 from C3V/SoV. I just couldn't get it down to 5. So here is my top 10:

10) Rygarn - Changing order markers AND avoiding wounds - what a great figure for frustrating opponents - my favorite way to play

9) Marro Gnids - My favorite faction, Marro, gets a boost in an excellent way to annoy your opponent. CLING them into submission!

8 - Nicholas Esenwein - Thralls are fun AF and Nicholas recreates them!

7) Myrddin - Love D20 abilities and Myrddin boosts them. Love this guy

6) Heracles - Beats the crap outta big guys and throws little guys - a true demigod!

5) Executioner 616 - turns Deathreavers from a dud into the BOMB!

4) Zaeus - my 2nd favorite faction gets a much needed boost

3) Mok - shoulder mounted dwarves with guns - 'nuff said

2) Zettian Infantry - One of my favorites - DW9Kis now draftable

1) Crypt Guardian - who is this Sudema character that is now getting played?

I could have even gone on and on, extolling the virtues of a bunch more figures. Really, the community is in debt to the C3V and SoV folks. If you are ever in the Detroit area let me know and I will buy you a drink.

Last edited by P_J_Keller; January 20th, 2020 at 05:19 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs