Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

Please use this thread to report any issues you find with the recent upgrade. This includes things not working correctly, not displaying correctly, as well as general feedback about things you do and don't like. Questions too.

(I haven't had a chance to run through all of the templates to make sure things look right. I suspect that there are areas where something may be displaying too wide--go ahead and let me know about them!)

ISSUES LIST:
  1. [BUG] Post images no longer resized. Will fix. Incomplete fix in place. FIXED.
  2. [BUG] Signature images no longer resized. Will fix. Incomplete fix in place. FIXED.
  3. [BUG] Links from Gallery to Forum, Blog, and Downloads don't work. FIXED!
  4. [COMMENT] Interface changes will take time to get used to. Yep, but we want feedback. If you think something shouldn't be how it is, let us know
  5. [COMMENT] Subscribe button is now on top. I don't think either is objectively better (?), so no change unless we hear more requests.
  6. [BUG] Can't attach files to posts. This system isn't fully configured. We'll likely start with just select groups of members having this, expanding it as we see how it gets used. I anticipate all established members (>100 posts) will have it within a month. There will be further expansion of this, but not sure when.
  7. [BUG] Smilies box is missing. Not a bug. It is relocated to a dropdown next to the font color selection.
  8. [COMMENT] Two clicks to "Today's Posts" link is inconvenient. I agree. It's the primary way I browse. I'm trying it out to see if I should just give it time and retrain myself or if we really need it back. More feedback on this, please.
  9. [BUG] In narrow themes, badges don't wrap. FIXED.
  10. [BUG] Poor wrapping of user info in narrow themes. FIXED.
  11. [BUG] Wide themes are no longer wide. FIXED. The previous two fixes broke this temporarily.
  12. [REQUEST] Add ability to turn off @ notifications I can turn this on/off globally, not per user. Thoughts on whether this should be on by default? A paid option exists (~$50) that lets each user turn this on/off.
  13. [BUG] Upper content area of profile page hard to read. Will fix. Affects non fast-loading themes. FIXED
  14. [BUG] Missing images in top-right of two boxes on profile page. FIXED. Was a bug in the jungle theme.
  15. [BUG] Profile page Group Membership needs better formatting for those with a lot of memberships Will fix. FIXED.
  16. [BUG] Details of mentions in private forums truncated if you don't have access to the forum. Can't change this. The author of the mentions system indicates how it displays is intended behavior.
  17. [BUG] Unexpected space after username in a mention. Can't change this.
  18. [BUG] Would like nested quotes to return. I can put a hack in to re-enable this. I think I'll put a poll up to see what is preferred behavior. (I may need to do that for a few things on this list). DONE.
  19. [BUG] The 'you have posted in this thread (but there are no new posts)' and 'Forum contains no new posts' icons are not using a 'scapey theme. Resolved.I'm not see this. Can anyone confirm this? Screenshot?
  20. [BUG] The signature separator line seems kinda insubstantial. FIXED.
  21. [BUG] Member's list is missing. FIXED.
  22. [REQUEST] Make nested quotes collapsible Still thinking about this one.
  23. [BUG] Shrunk image expander not working in Internet Explorer Will fix. FIXED for IE 8,9,10,11.
  24. [BUG] Image shrinker is shrinking PHG banner on wide styles Will fix. FIXED
  25. [BUG] Gallery, PM, new user registration pages are too wide on narrow styles Will fix. FIXED
  26. [BUG] Can't add rep from a phone. Won't be fixed until next version of vBulletin.
  27. [BUG] New user registration not working. FIXED.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 24th, 2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Fixed several things today and yesterday
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:04 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

The images are no longer resized, it seems. Not that it bother me, I alway found their size too small. But in some case (like DanieLoche signature for instance, or to a lesser extends, Kinseth's one), it is too wide to fit in the screen. At least, the forum handle it very well, only widening the post with too large image, the others posts keep their size.

In fact, apart that some users would need to resize their image in their signature, I would say it is an improvement !
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I have to say, this new look and interface is feeling weird to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. One bug I noticed - when you enter the Gallery, the Forum, Blog and Downloads links don't work. Also, may I ask what 'Mentioned: 0 Post(s)' means in everyone's profile now?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Also, may I ask what 'Mentioned: 0 Post(s)' means in everyone's profile now?
It's simple @Lazy Orang , if someone uses your user name in a post, you are "mentioned" in 1 post, and you receive a notification.

I came here for the issue of image resizing, but Lyrgard already made the job. ^^
But it's also a problem for the books for example (VC principaly), where the card images are very large and we put them as is because the forum automatically re-sized them.

I already changed the size of my signature.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
It's simple @Lazy Orang , if someone uses your user name in a post, you are "mentioned" in 1 post, and you receive a notification.

I came here for the issue of image resizing, but Lyrgard already made the job. ^^
But it's also a problem for the books for example (VC principaly), where the card images are very large and we put them as is because the forum automatically re-sized them.

I already changed the size of my signature.
Ah, that's actually pretty cool, @DanieLoche .

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I have to report an issue: Now I have to retrain myself to scroll UP instead of DOWN to find the 'Subscribe' button.

Loving it so far, X.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:09 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I noticed that if you go into the Gallery and click on "Forums" it brings you right back to the Gallery.

Things look pretty awesome otherwise. Thanks, @Xorlof
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:19 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscapers Thursday Night Upgrade Blog
Post attachments - Except in the off-topic (non-Heroscape related) forums, you will be able to attach images and files to your posts.
Is this a site supporters only thing or is everyone able to do it?

...Because I can't find out how.
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:24 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Site supporters, surely. It is available for me.

--
--
--

--
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I have to report an issue: Now I have to retrain myself to scroll UP instead of DOWN to find the 'Subscribe' button.

Loving it so far, X.
You could just do like I do and have it auto-subscribe whenever you post in a thread. Though I suppose it's possible to be subscribed to a thread you don't post in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 8th, 2014, 09:30 AM

Oh, I definitely do that. But I don't like posting in a thread to subscribe to it. There are quite a few threads I like to follow without necessarily posting in--C3G books, for example.

--
--
--

--
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:34 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@heroscaper2010 Hit go advanced and then scroll down to Additional Options, and then click Attach Files.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online