Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 30th, 2020, 01:21 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Workshop

Thank you! And good points, I agree on all accounts.
The comic Fury card is excellent, he does everything he needs to do already. Drops in, commands Heroes and Agents, is sneaky and can be difficult to wound.

I should think more about what really distinguishes Sam Jackson's portrayal from the comic version. Would love to hear some character analysis from you all.

I suppose because he's not the main character in the movies, despite being the Director of Shield, he could be different in the sense that he wouldn't require Order Markers to take full turns.

Coulson already does the job of activating Unique Agent Heroes.
I'm sure there's a Maria Hill drafted up, it'd be good for Fury to compliment her and Coulson.

Avengers Tony + Cap have the pairing of initiative and a/d boost when using OM1+X.

Carol Danvers seems like a good cleanup unit, strategy rearranger and mobilizer.

I'VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU

At the start of the game, you may choose 1 other Unique Hero you control and place a white Avenger Marker on that card.
Nick Fury starts the game with his figure and one white Avenger Marker on this card. All other Unique Heroes you control with Avenger Markers are considered to have the Class of Agent in addition to what is listed on their Army Cards.
At the end any of any Player Turn, if Nick Fury is on this card and has not been destroyed, place Nick Fury within 3 spaces of a Unique Hero you control with two or more Classes.
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking, you may remove a Wound Marker, and place Nick Fury on this card.

So he'll beef up Coulson's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., and appear/disappear on our more superheroic characters.
Won't require both Cap+IM(Avengers), but it wouldn't hurt.
Could just be Fury, Coulson, at least one or two other Non-Agent Heroes, and maybe some other Agents.

And that's kind of a busy power, and can be interpreted as a fake death, while allowing some wound recovery, so maybe cut the Fake Death power?
Wound recovery allows him to heal from one Leaving Engagement Attack he might take in order to disappear for a while.

And yeah, IAmBatman, I wasn't sure about that bit. I read the "Why Turn Interruption is a no-no" beforehand. Seemed different enough from what's described in that post, but I still wasn't sure.

Would an automatic "win initiative the following round" be a bad mechanic?
Should it always be Add #?
If so, maybe:

MOTHERF-

Once per game, when Nick Fury is destroyed, the round immediately ends. The following round, when rolling for initiative, you may add 4 to your roll for each figure in your army with an Avenger Marker on its Army Card.
Old November 30th, 2020, 02:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think one of the things we were talking about with the MCU SHIELD characters is a bunch of little ties that bring together the Avengers and the Agents, so I like the direction this is headed.

I worry that allowing any figure with an Avengers Marker on its card to instantly become an Agent will be super-powerful. I played a game with an On Deck unit last night, where Brand made that figure into an Agent then Coulson commanded them, and it was really strong. (There's also some strong On Deck Agent synergies that can be exploited.) Allowing that for a wider range of figures could get real dangerous real quick.

I really like the idea of a Nick that slips in and out of the shadows, leading from behind the curtain a bit. Off The Grid is a power I had for a more synergy-free comics Nick, and I think you could do something like this to make it work with this version.

Then give him some sort of way to lead while on the card and then return to the battlefield.
Quote:
"I STILL BELIEVE IN HEROES."
Once per round, after revealing an Order Marker on an Army Card you control and before taking any turns, you may place Nick Fury adjacent to a figure you control with an Avengers Marker on their Army Card and take an immediate turn with Nick Fury. You may not take any additional turns with figures you control.

OFF THE GRID
When a Unique Hero you control is destroyed or Nick Fury receives one or more wounds, if Nick Fury is unengaged, you may immediately place Nick Fury on this card.

MOTHERF-
Once per game, when Nick Fury would receive 1 or more wounds, he instead may immediately move up to 2 spaces then receive 1 wound. When Nick Fury moves with Motherf-, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
But I'm not really sure what the rest of that card looks like. You're right, it's hard to find something for him to do that isn't already covered by the other Avengers and Agents synergy pieces. Maybe free moves for Avengers and defense subtraction when they attack a figure next to an Agent? But you'd want to make sure the optimal strategy isn't just to make all your Agents into Avengers to double dip on boosts.
Quote:
AVENGER/AGENT ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on an Agent Army card you control, you may move a figure you control that is not an Agent and has an Avengers Marker on its Army Card up to 4 spaces. Figures engaged with an Agent you control subtract 1 from their Defense number when attacked by a figure you control that is not an Agent and has an Avengers Marker on its Army Card.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Going in a completely different direction, what about providing an additional X Order Marker? Iron Man, Captain Marvel, and an unreleased unit all like having the X, so it'd be useful to have 2 of them. Thee trick is just how to balance that in a way that he doesn't become an X OM dispenser for all the units in the game. Hmmmm...
Quote:
MAN WITH THE PLANS
Start the game with an additional "X" Order Marker. Whenever an "X" Order Marker is revealed on an Army Card you control with an Avengers Marker on it, you may immediately place your additional "X" Order Marker, unrevealed, on the Army Card of another Army Card you control with an Avengers Marker on it.
That still might be busted, but there's at least some solid checks there. (Have to draft Nick Fury and a figure that hands out at least 2 Avengers Markers, and have to reveal an "X" on an Avenger you control.)
Old November 30th, 2020, 09:16 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow! That's a lot to work with. I'm not well versed in all that's going on with the Agent class, so that's all very interesting to hear, and I think it all sounds good.

Fury dropping multiple Motherf-'s per game gave me a good laugh.

The Brand situation sounds dangerous, so I agree, making the team a blanket set of Agents is too much. But maybe a variant on her power?

S.H.I.E.L.D. RECRUITMENT

Nick Fury starts the game with his figure and one white Avenger Marker on this card. At the start of the game, you may choose 1 other Human or Mutate Unique Hero you control and place an Avenger Marker on that card. Once Nick Fury is placed adjacent to that chosen Hero using the "I Still Believe In Heroes" special power, for the rest of the game the chosen Hero's class is Agent, in addition to what is listed on its card.

Would limit who Nick will "trust" that game. Could be Cap, Danvers, IM, or Spidey, but not all of them.
Old December 4th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

NAME = HULKBUSTER ARMOR
DESIGNATION = VEHICLE DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

COVER = FULL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
OCCUPANCY = 1
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6?

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 230?

SATELLITE DEPLOYMENT
Hulkbuster Armor starts the game on the Driver space of this card. At the start of the round, if the player who drafted Hulkbuster Armor controls a Tony Stark figure that is not a Guardian, they may choose a small or medium figure they control. At that end of the round, that player must switch the chosen figure with Hulkbuster Armor, if possible. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ANTI-HULK WEAPONRY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 3 + Special.
Instead of attacking with the Driver of Hulkbuster Armor, you may use this special attack. When attacking with this special attack, you may either add 5 to the range or roll 2 additional attack dice. After attacking with this special attack, if the defending figure did not receive any wounds, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure. Then, if the Driver of Hulkbuster Armor is Tony Stark, you may attack an additional time with this special attack.

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by MrNobody; December 5th, 2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old December 4th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's fun. The vehicle mechanics work really well for that.

I'd make it a small or medium Tony Stark to cover for any future Iron Men. It'd be cool to get Bruce Banner in there, but you'd want to cut out the Hulk and our Bruce design wouldn't really work here.
Old December 4th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I'd make it a small or medium Tony Stark to cover for any future Iron Men.
Makes sense, since you'd kind of be "breaking" the vehicle rules if you have a large Tony enter a large vehicle.

Quote:
It'd be cool to get Bruce Banner in there, but you'd want to cut out the Hulk and our Bruce design wouldn't really work here.
I could see a future Bruce that's more action/science-oriented? Maybe one of the points (either in 616 or the movies) where he's separated from Hulk or unable to transform. Doing something similar to Simmons would be really cool for him.
Old December 4th, 2020, 05:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Seems pretty cool. I almost want to only be able to draft it if you have Tony on your team, but then you can deploy it to replace any medium human UH without SS or Flying. So like Natasha could suit up if you wanted her too, as long as Tony is around to trigger the satellite drop. You could use it with the non-Hulk Bruce Banner card too.

Last edited by Yodaking; December 4th, 2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old December 4th, 2020, 08:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool stuff.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 4th, 2020, 10:19 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Seems pretty cool. I almost want to only be able to draft it if you have Tony on your team, but then you can deploy it to replace any medium human UH without SS or Flying. So like Natasha could suit up if you wanted her too, as long as Tony is around to trigger the satellite drop. You could use it with the non-Hulk Bruce Banner card too.
My worry was that there'd be some annoying super combo you could pull where you put the armor on someone like Joker or Professor X or whatever, so I was trying to make it slightly inconvenient to suit up a non-Tony. But to pay for a Tony and the armor (assuming the 230 point cost there), you're paying at least 300 points, so maybe it evens out. And the idea of Tony calling down the Hulkbuster to armor up Pepper or Billy Batson sounds super cool and thematic. I think you sold me.
Old December 21st, 2020, 02:37 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

@MrNobody I don't log in for a couple of weeks and I come back to see you've been busy!

I can offer some inspiration to keep the good ideas coming!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2563580/mcu-heroscape
Old December 21st, 2020, 03:23 PM
Just A Head

Cool! We just had 2 designs run through plyatesting in that time frame that might make you happy too. (With a 3rd coming up within the next month, probably.)
Old December 21st, 2020, 05:37 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Cool! We just had 2 designs run through plyatesting in that time frame that might make you happy too. (With a 3rd coming up within the next month, probably.)
Still coming up to speed...where do I see those playtest results?

After I get through the holidays, I have every intention to become part of the playtest group!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy