Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Notices

Old March 31st, 2008, 11:19 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
What that collection makes you ask yourself is what has this over-the-top collector let slide to be able to own all that useless crap. Pretty sad, really.
Yeah, looking at his collection makes me feel cool.
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:03 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
At least he never has to buy Christmas presents when/if he has kids. The fish tanks as display cases is interesting.

Old March 31st, 2008, 05:11 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
Quote:
What that collection makes you ask yourself is what has this over-the-top collector let slide to be able to own all that useless crap. Pretty sad, really.
I say kudos to him, if it makes him happy. Maybe he doesn't want a wife and kids to tie him down financially. Deciding against a family may enable him to afford that large of a collection.

He may also come from a great deal of wealth. If I had money to throw around, I wouldn't mind buying items from my childhood. Besides, look how much money many of us have spent on Heroscape. I'm sure there are many people who would call Heroscape useless crap.

Old April 1st, 2008, 08:01 AM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
Quote:
I say kudos to him, if it makes him happy. Maybe he doesn't want a wife and kids to tie him down financially. Deciding against a family may enable him to afford that large of a collection.

He may also come from a great deal of wealth. If I had money to throw around, I wouldn't mind buying items from my childhood. Besides, look how much money many of us have spent on Heroscape. I'm sure there are many people who would call Heroscape useless crap.
Heroscape.....u...uuuu....uu...useless crap? I feel dizzy....(hand clutching my chest.) I...I need to lie down....

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:30 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
God I love nerds. We obsess over our favorite toys, games, or comics, devote our lives to them, demand respect from those who look down on us, but as soon as someone comes along who doesn't like the same things we do, we tear into them with all the ferocity of a wolf with a load of wasps up its butt. Nice!
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
a wolf with a load of wasps up its butt!
Aahhh that explains Wytefang's avatar.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Best TOY collection......EVER.

Wow. Just....wow.

Old April 17th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The thing that gets me about that collection is not that there are that many action figures. I love action figures, and would love to own that many. And I would totally play with them.

No, the thing that gets me is that he's got them all properly stored and arrayed. And again, it's not the compulsion to display all those toys that gets me. If I had that many action figures, I would do that with mine.

However, I lack the ability to do what he's done. Not because I don't have the toys - I could buy toys. Not because I don't have time - I would find the time. I can't do what he's done because I don't have the storage.

How freaking gigantic is his house?

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Can anyone say "40 Year Old Virgin"? That's freakin' crazy.
No way Uprising. I'll bet he's got a different girl every weekend.

No, not really.

Old April 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

His crimson guards and clone troopers are crazy!
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
a wolf with a load of wasps up its butt!
Aahhh that explains Wytefang's avatar.
Nah, my avatar was just hungry.

Furthermore, some things are just sad - it has nothing to do with whether we're in the same hobby or not. When you see that level of compulsive collecting, it's just rather frightening. And like I said, you have to wonder what this individual neglected (in time spent collecting let alone the money spent) to achieve this spectacularly ludicrous collection. I certainly won't argue about it being an impressive and thorough collection.
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's not a ludicrous collection, just a different one. I have hundreds of action figures, but I don't have room to display them all. I have so many board games, on the other hand, that I can't find room to store them all. I'm considering building an extra room on my house, and putting in built-in bookshelves that cover three walls, and I still won't have enough storage room. He likes action figures, so he collects them. I like games, so I collect them. He organizes better than I do, is all.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media