Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 21st, 2015, 01:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Fortress Door

This is answered in the FAQ now where it says "The Door cannot be engaged".

Edit: Hmm... I don't see it in the FAQ. Yet I put it in the rules page on my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS Compiled Master Game Guide
The Door cannot be engaged: When an opponent is controlling the Door, if one or more of your figures is adjacent to it, your figure(s) is not engaged with the Door. Engagement rules do not apply to Destructible Objects that can be controlled by players.
I don't think this wording is mine. I'm pretty sure I got it from somewhere. It might be something that can be only found here (on Heroscapers.com). Let me see if I can track down the thread...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; September 22nd, 2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Official Frequently Asked Questions www.Heroscape.com
September 2010 Version 13.4

Destructible Objects See Errata Section Below.

Which Special Powers and Attacks can target the door, Breakable Wall Section (from the Marvel Master Set) or other Destructible Objects? Per the Fortress instructions: The Door may be attacked by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack. Remember, that the Door is not a figure, but it can be targeted and attacked much the same way a figure is targeted and attacked, with some exceptions. 

The Door does not have a size. Special Powers/Special Attacks that target or enhance the attacking figure if the defending “figure” is a certain size will not work. Examples: Deadyeye Dan’s Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack, Jotun’s Throw, and Sir Denrick’s Giant Killer, & Gladiatron’s Cyberclaw 

The Door cannot be destroyed. Special Powers/Special attacks that even mention “destroy” as one of the effects cannot be used against the Door. Examples: Deadeye Dan’s Sharpshooter, & Grimnak’s Chomp. 

The Door is not a figure. Special Powers that are not necessarily an attack cannot affect the door. Examples: Morsbane’s Rod of Negation, Ne-Gok-Sa’s Mind Shackle, & Agent Carr’s Ghost Walk. Also, the door is not affected by Raelin’s Defensive Aura.

If I target the closed door with an explosion attack (that also affects adjacent figures), will it affect figures that are adjacent to it, even if they are on the other side? Yes.

Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Yes, that's the FAQ, and it doesn't talk about engagement. What's interesting is in FotA, the DO can be controlled by a player, as if it's part of their army; but with the Marvel DO (Breakable Wall Section) no player is ever in control of it.

Either way, it's reasonable to assume that DOs cannot be engaged.
Old September 30th, 2015, 11:33 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Can powers that modify a normal attack, that refer to "figures" in their triggering condition, be used against the door? Here I'm thinking of Sword of Reckoning/Combined Arbalest/+2 Broadsword/Homing Device/Targeting Beacon/Zettian Targeting/Mark of the Warlord/Sneak Attack 2/Galloping Charge/Charging Assault/First Assault 3/Bayonet Attack 1/Blood Frenzy/Rock Throw/Landslide/Soul Weapons.

These are not "a normal attack, a special attacks, or ... special powers that only cause wounds", so my inclination is no, they can't.
Old October 5th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes they can.

Basing my answer off this:

Quote:
The Door does not have a size. Special Powers/Special Attacks that target or enhance the attacking figure if the defending “figure” is a certain size will not work. Examples: Deadyeye Dan’s Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack, Jotun’s Throw, and Sir Denrick’s Giant Killer, & Gladiatron’s Cyberclaw
Since the powers you mentioned do not mention a certain size, they should work.

In fact, Sword of Reckoning is specifically mentioned as working in the Rulings and Clarifications section in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the relevant passage is this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Do enhancements work on the attacking figure when attacking the door?
Yes, but only if they do not specify anything about the size of the defending figure. Sir Denrick’s Giant Killer for example, cannot affect Sir Denrick because the Door doesn’t have a size. Normal enhancements like Taelord’s Attack Aura, Omnicron Sniper’s Deadly Shot, Agent Carr’s Sword of Reckoning 4, and Valguard’s First Assault 3, and effects like those will all work when those figures attack the door. See the previous question for more detail on which Special Powers/Special Attacks can affect the door.
Taelord's Attack Aura and Omnicron Sniper's Deadly Shot weren't in question (they don't mention what you are attacking) but the mention of SoR and First Assault is relevant.

From that, we can conclude that most of these powers work. Sword of Reckoning, +2 Broadsword, Homing Device, Targeting Beacon, Mark of the Warlord, Sneak Attack 2, Galloping Charge, First Assault 3, Rock Throw, and Landslide work.

That leaves four powers that use "figure" in a somewhat more complex way: Combined Arbalest, Zettian Targeting, Charging Assault, and Blood Frenzy.
  • Zettian Targeting refers to attacking "the same figure". Probably fine but it's a bit different, asking us to think of the door as a "figure" in a different context.
  • Charging Assault asks about ending the move adjacent to an opponent's figure. I would lean towards not allowing Charging Assault against the door, because the door is not a figure in the context of movement.
  • Combined Arbalest and Blood Frenzy refer to wounds on the defending figure's card. This is a tough one; I really don't know which way I'd rule there. I lean slightly towards no for these powers.
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:22 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd allow Zettian Targeting - it's just another attack. I'd also allow Combined Arbalest and Blood Frenzy as the door does have wound markers placed on it. I agree with you on Charging Assault though. It's only a figure in relation to targeting and attacks, not other powers.

Quote:
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would think that the Fortress Door and other DO's would never be considered to be an opponent's figure. An opponent may momentary take control of the door, but it never becomes an official part of that opponent's army. So if Charging Assault, or another power, specifies an opponent's figure then I would say no it does not work on the Fortress Door.
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:26 PM

If they have control of a figure, then they are considered "opponent's figure" whether or not they were drafted in your army.

The crux here is that the door is not a figure so cannot be an "opponent's figure".

Quote:
Old October 5th, 2015, 02:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I haven't played a game with the Fortress Door in forever so remind me, do the rules state that you control the door when you have a figure standing in a position to open and close it? If so then I guess you would be correct, when your opponent's figure is standing in that spot then you could get the bonus from a Charging Assault on the door.
Old October 5th, 2015, 02:18 PM

Both dok and I say you would not get the bonus for Charging Assault because the door is not a figure and is only treated as a figure when it is targeted or attacked.

Quote:
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know guys, Valguard has to move to an adjacent space make use of his First Assault 3. Why wouldn't the Templar Cavalry get their ability? The door is on a space, and the Cavalry only have the added stipulation that the horsemen has to move 4 spaces as well. There isn't an "opponent's figure" thrown in there, just Figure.

There is also clear sight, but the door can be seen, as it has a silloette on its army card.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units