Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Post

That's fine with me but if that's the case we need to scrap the Simple Minded Aggression power.
Old September 8th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He should definitely be an Event Hero, IMO.

I think his species should probably be Kryptonian-Prime as well, so that he wouldn't have the typical interactions with other Kryptonians (which is accurate thematically, IMO) without having to spell it out in powers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 8th, 2014, 05:20 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

What should his point total be around?
Old September 8th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

How about an updated write-up first?
Old September 8th, 2014, 06:24 PM

NAME = SUPERBOY-PRIME
SECRET IDENTY = CLARK KENT
SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN-PRIME
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 9
DEFENSE = 9
POINTS = ?

YELLOW SOLAR POWERED SUIT
Once per game, instead taking a turn with Superboy-Prime, you may reveal your X Order Marker on this card and roll 7 combat dice. Remove one Wound Marker from this card for each shield rolled.

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2+ Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling additional attack dice for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

UNRIVALED KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as additional shields. This figure is not affected by special powers or glyphs that affect Kryptonians.

Super Strength
Flying

Last edited by bsbush7690; September 8th, 2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old September 8th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Simple Minded Aggression can be scrapped if he's an Event Hero; Event Heroes are immune to temporary/permanent control
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:38 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We picked up a few random mini's at a yard sale and my son immediately said..."are they Mardies". He's still at that age where he believes I can do anything so when he looked through our binder and didn't see a card he said we should make one. I will post the mini later but here was our ideas...

NAME = M.R.D. TROOPER
SECRET IDENTY = ---
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = TROOPERS
PERSONALITY = ???

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 40

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card you may move and attack with up to three M.R.D. Troopers you control. You may attack with any M.R.D. Troopers, even a M.R.D. Troopers that you did not move this turn.

ANTI-MUTANT TECHNOLOGY 16
When attacking or defending against an Mutant, M.R.D. Troopers rolls an additional die. If the defending Mutant figure receives one or more wounds from this attack and is not destroyed, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher the Mutant figure cannot use any special powers for the remainder of the round.

With MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE I wanted them to act like a squad without being a squad so I didn't have to buy them in groups of three. I think there may already be a power that is essentially this but couldn't remember where it was.

ANTI MUTANT TECH - Boost against Mutants of course and wanted something along the lines of the Glyph of Neutralizer (Negate Mutant Abilities) but not as strong and only after a successful attack. At least in the version portrayed in Wolverine and the X-Men the MRD uses tech stolen from Forge so a less powerful version of the Neutralizer seemed thematic as well.

Trooper has only been used with Para Shock Troopers and I couldn't fine any synergies that would be messed up and if we want to expand later I figured we could tie it down to "Human Troopers" to eliminate any bleed over into the PSTs

I thought a good target could be 40 points to work with the 160 point Sentinel

4x Sentinel + 9xM.R.D. for 1000
OR 5 of each or whatever...Lots of combos for any round number.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; September 9th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

40 seems pretty low. Beat Cops are 65 with same stats minus one Attack. I think 70-80 would probably be more like it, possibly more.

Edit: I like the specials though.
Old September 9th, 2014, 10:50 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
40 seems pretty low. Beat Cops are 65 with same stats minus one Attack. I think 70-80 would probably be more like it, possibly more.

@Gurei-Ornery Beat cops are a squad though and these are 40 points each so essentially this is a 120 point squad of three packaged as individuals.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; September 9th, 2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: And Thanks.
Old September 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

@Gurei-Ornery Beat cops are a squad though and these are 40 points each so essentially this is a 120 point squad of three packaged as individuals.
@japes My bad. I read Common and the 3 in the special and assumed squad.

Edit: One problem with the ability to attack with 3 in the special, they will ultimately be playtested and costed with 3 or more to get a fair cost. That will make them underwhelming to field only one or two. Of course time will tell.
Old September 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690 View Post
NAME = SUPERBOY-PRIME
SECRET IDENTY = CLARK KENTKAL-EL
SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN-PRIME
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 9
DEFENSE = 9
POINTS = ?

YELLOW SOLAR POWERED SUIT
Once per game, instead taking a turn with Superboy-Prime, you may reveal your X Order Marker on this card and roll 7 combat dice. Remove one Wound Marker from this card for each shield rolled.

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2+ Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling additional attack dice for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

UNRIVALED KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as additional shields. This figure is not affected by special powers or glyphs that affect Kryptonians.

Super Strength
Flying
Ok, now a couple slight edits, as the extra text and title change of Kryptonian Defense is no longer needed now that his species is Kryptonian-Prime, and his Secret Identity should be Kal-El like the other Superboy and Supermans. Then, a Comparison to both Supes and Superboy Kal.

Superman II Vs. Superboy-Prime
Life = 8 Vs. 7
Move = 10 Vs. 10
Range = 1 Vs. 1
Attack = 8 Vs. 9
Defense = 7 Vs. 9

Looking at Stats alone, he is closest to Supes II, but he has 1 less life, 1 more attack, and 2 more defense putting him solidly in the 450+ Range. Now to compare special powers between Supes II and Superboy-Prime.

Superman II Vs. Superboy-Prime
Super Breath Vs. Yellow Solar Powered Suit
Heat Vision Vs. Heat Vision
Kryptonian Defense Vs. Kryptonian Defense

THe only real difference between them is that Supes II has Super Breath, a figure movement power, and Prime has YSPS, a once per game healing power. Thus we see that they have very similar stats and powers, but Primes are slightly better, plus you have to take into account that Prime is an event hero and not an Unique hero. The problem with costing him is that YSPS has the potential to basically double his cost by healing him back from 1 life remaining. While thematic, it will make him tricky to cost.

Based off of this analysis, he is clearly stronger than Supes II making him more than 450 points. Base Stats are about the same, so without YSPS I'd say he'd probably fall in around 480, but adding SPS it has the potential to add another 411 points onto his cost making him worth roughly 895 (Rounded up because we don't have point values of 1 in this game), but YSPS is variable and sometimes you'll get no shields and sometimes you'll get 7 and sometimes somewhere in between, thus, to account for that, I would guesstimate he'll fall somewhere closer to 800 even.
Old September 9th, 2014, 11:30 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

@japes My bad. I read Common and the 3 in the special and assumed squad.

Edit: One problem with the ability to attack with 3 in the special, they will ultimately be playtested and costed with 3 or more to get a fair cost. That will make them underwhelming to field only one or two. Of course time will tell.

If you field one or two thats a YOU issue. Thematically one or two normal humans with some training and a little tech should get a beat down from a grown Mutant.

They are meant to be played with 3 or more but the point is that more can be 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 and so on not limited to 3 or 6 or 9. Makes them a great filler unit whereas 120 point squad is a little more limiting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy